Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game interests me not even slightly, but I wish these devs a very all the fucking money and I hope they break the games industry.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
started my third base. found a spot with 5 coal.
View attachment 510933
can also see here. if you place the floor FIRST, you can put the palbox on a surface.

But its very not flat. so experimenting with building here, I figured out a thing or two with stairs. pals don't require snap to, for stairs. lower sections here are NOT touching. second stair even has a visible gap. but they walk up and down just fine.

View attachment 510932
I've been doing the same. I built atop a very tall rock with 7 iron nodes and there's a bit of stair negotation. I had to destroy and rebuild a few times to get the navmesh just right. I just started over yesterday on a new server so today when I wake up I'll have to redo it all in stone.

This game is so good it brought Gura out of whatever sea she was hiding in.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
palworld-shadow-the-hedgehog-stonetoss-comic.png

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Game is surprisingly fun. The Pals have a lot of personality and quirks - especially when base building - and the game loop is pretty enjoyable and low stress. I like it more than I thought I would. Not sure it would be fun solo but I'm playing coop with my son. It is so fun it made him skip Arma night with his buddies; so must be doing something right.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Goonsquad Officer
as a still-avid ark player, all the automation and critter functionality in the base sounds amazing. ark put the barest effort into this early on, realized they suck at programming, and then didn't do anything else with it. if they lift a fraction of the good ideas i'm seeing from palworld, that would be amazing.

they won't tho cus they retarded.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Obviously, Pokémon has taken notice of this game's success, and it sounds like a lawsuit isn't far behind!

• 2Picard
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Obviously, Pokémon has taken notice of this game's success, and it sounds like a lawsuit isn't far behind!
The message from Pokémon sounded more like they wanted Twitter cucks to stop emailing them crying about Palworld.

Some modder made a Pokémon conversion mod and got contacted by Nintendo lawyers within 48 hours so I suspect that if there was anything that Nintendo could do they’d have already done it, typically they attack games like this before release if they have the ammo.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The message from Pokémon sounded more like they wanted Twitter cucks to stop emailing them crying about Palworld.

Some modder made a Pokémon conversion mod and got contacted by Nintendo lawyers within 48 hours so I suspect that if there was anything that Nintendo could do they’d have already done it, typically they attack games like this before release if they have the ammo.
This. It's not as if this game just sprang into existence last week. There have been announcements and trailers since 2021. Even the trailer last year would have piqued Nintendo's interest if there was anything they could have done about it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Gawr Gura did a Palworld stream yesterday to over 50k watchers. A bunch of the Hololive have been playing it and drawing a lot of eyes to the game.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Doubt they have any case. People have already brought up the fact that pretty much everything in Pokemon was a ripoff of something else.

I took this statement more as a "leave us the fuck alone dorks" than a "we'll look into it" since the game was announced and had people calling it "Pokemon with guns" for 2 years and they are both Japanese companies.

And a little "if you do make pokemon mods, we will fuck you up, like we already did to that one guy" tossed in at the end.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
One thing I’ve noticed is that they update this game FREQUENTLY. Obviously it helps to have a wild amount of sales, but this is def different than industry standard.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I think they have some code fixing to do. I'm level 40, at level 7 (maybe 8, I just logged out) capture boost from effigies. I could be totally WAY off base here but based off of my little bit of testing it seems like each Pal has their own innate capture resistance based off of perks/abilities/something else other than chance. I've had some pals where I've got a 25% on initial tag where I've had to throw 9 sphere's to get it. Even if they're level 9 and I've got them at 5% or less hit points. For instance, Beegardes were a complete pain in the dick for me, even using Hyper Spheres. Night time only pals (again arbitrarily) seem to have a higher capture resistance than daytime ones.

There also seems to be two different % capture rates. The first is obviously you just huck a sphere at it and that tells you what % capture rate you've got. The other is when you "aim" the sphere it tells you the % chance to capture after 2 checks.

Arbitrarily it also seems sphere levels should be used levels as such:

Sphere: Level Range
Pal Sphere: 1-9
Mega Sphere: 10-19
Giga Sphere: 20-29
Hyper Sphere: 30-39
Ultra Sphere: 40-49
Legendary Sphere: 50

TLDR: The in-game reported capture rates are likely not displayed correctly. It's early access. The game hasn't even been out for a week give 'em time. Feel free to crucify me in a week if I'm wrong.

Man I said arbitrary a lot there. Mostly cause I didn't do any hard testing.

Case in point (although this idiot shouldn't be using an ultra sphere):

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea 100% there is something fucky going on with catch rates. The amount of mathematical anomalies I've encountered that would qualify as 'cosmic scale' is absurdly large lol.

Stuff like failing a 90% a dozen+ times etc starts getting in to probabilities that are hard to even comprehend.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Didn’t see it posted.

Have this instead

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the display rate is probably correct, but they likely fucked up on some kind of formula wrapping (likely with Lifmunk Effigies) and so you're really getting like 10% chance.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got to 3rd base. Going to move main base finally from starter area, just not having the room.

Need to find somewhere I can build in a big flat space, i've scouted a few spots that have a sulfur node. I want the entire circle available to build. Probably move ore base to a spot in the north that had both ore + charcoal in one spot. Then have 3rd base in the quartz spots in the ice biome farther north.

I have seen bases, use the z-axis more. You can put the seed farms, production stuff on roof tiles. So just build floors with straight open stairs(too curvy and pals get stuck), and can get more vertical instead of sprawling outward.