Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This. So weird. Just who cares, play the game because its fun, get your 60-100 hours in and maybe check back later after some major updates. If Nitendo cared, this would of never made it into EA.

The AI is the only reason I can't call this game amazing and other silly things like GOTY(just lol). Assigning pals can be downright frustrating at times. Nothing else around, just a breeding pen and just a constant "No work in immediate area" and they go off to do random shit. Or if you do assign it, they still wander off sometimes to do other shit. I think sleep, eating or maybe getting in hot springs bugs it also(I got assigned, come back 20 minutes later to it mining instead). I tried to breed today, threw the damn thing 15-20 times from all angles, put it back in and out. Restarted the game. Eventually it just worked out of the blue after I got mad and left to go explore instead and came back to try. Also getting the pick up option for them can be weird if they are mid job somewhere. Have to put them in box and out again, to be able to grab.

As much fun as throwing them at things to make them work is, I would rather just have UI with a drop down to assign. Along with a priority list for the base's random workers.
"I tried to breed today, threw the damn thing 15-20 times from all angles, put it back in and out."

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I've never played a pokemon either, or Ark. It is like Conan for me which I have 2600 hours in.

I'm not doing any of that 10 capture stuff, just exploring, looking for dungeons, and beating up bosses on the map. I'm only 27 or so but in any hurry to level.

I had captured a tocotoco and sent it after a pair of Mossanda. This is actually on the way down. Couldn't believe how high it blew that thing :emoji_laughing:

I think in a level or two I can finally make Pistol ammo so I can stop carrying around this heavy musket. I put no points in carry so I'm ready to get rid of it.
Amusingly, I have been thoroughly unimpressed with every new weapon I unlocked.

pals, do way too much damage for me to even bother with. Like, I actively avoid getting damage buffs on pals, and instead go defense. they already kill 80% of pals I'm trying to capture before I can stop them. people breeding damage onto them baffles me.

my weapons either do zero damage, or also 1 shot everything... making them worthless. again, pals do enough versus bosses, I don't need to help. I want my weapon solely to poke down a pal to capture it.
ammo sucks. musket and makeshift handgun both use crude ammo. which at least can be farmed from lvl10-20 syndicate.
they don't drop handgun ammo. higher level ones drop shotgun, and assault rifle ammo.
makeshift handgun has 320 attack power. handgun only has 250 inexplicably.
single shot rifle uses rifle ammo. 1 refined ingot,2 gunpowder. nothing drops it. 1100 attack power.
I went back and forth on poison xbow, and makeshift handgun. using free bullets.

I still just use the spear/refined spear 90% of the time.
And this is all not even including pals as weapons, which is also free ammo.

gamepass updated. .1.1.2 no idea what it patched.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
I don't particulary like base building/survival games but been having a lot of fun with this one, worth a try especially if you have gamepass for sure

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The AI is the only reason I can't call this game amazing and other silly things like GOTY(just lol). Assigning pals can be downright frustrating at times. Nothing else around, just a breeding pen and just a constant "No work in immediate area" and they go off to do random shit. Or if you do assign it, they still wander off sometimes to do other shit. I think sleep, eating or maybe getting in hot springs bugs it also(I got assigned, come back 20 minutes later to it mining instead). I tried to breed today, threw the damn thing 15-20 times from all angles, put it back in and out. Restarted the game. Eventually it just worked out of the blue after I got mad and left to go explore instead and came back to try. Also getting the pick up option for them can be weird if they are mid job somewhere. Have to put them in box and out again, to be able to grab.

As much fun as throwing them at things to make them work is, I would rather just have UI with a drop down to assign. Along with a priority list for the base's random workers.
Counterpoint: the broken ass AI and limited controls are the only things that keep this game from getting completely trivialized as soon as you figure out the basic mechanics.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Took me 14 breeds. I think I'll call this one good enough.

And I agree on the weapons. Crossbow seems to be the last useful weapon, after that your pals end up being way more worthwhile, especially with no ammo consumption. I use the short bow still to plink at enemies at the end. I made the rifle eventually and never use it. Ammo is too expensive and I rarely am just trying to destroy a pal with 1100 dmg. If I want to farm something, I'll use a pal, and if I'm capturing well...also pal. Weapons would need to do massively more damage to be worthwhile, and I'd only use them for bosses at that point.

Untitled.png

• 1Mother of God

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Right now at level 41ish I roll with crossbow, spear, bow and stun baton. Never even fired a gun, lol.

Depending on the level of the Pal I want to capture I'll bust out a pal of my own, recall them when the other pal is low and then drop their health further with my weapons. If I'm try-harding I'll use the stun baton.

The gameplay is good enough and the world beautiful enough that it's a fun gameplay loop to go explore a black area on your map, catch some Pals you need until you have ten of them, and then go back to your base to unfuck your worker Pals, make more spheres and upgrade/repair/restock whatever before going out again.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The world is also fucking massive. It kind of seems wasted at the moment. Like I decided to fly north to find quartz and it just goes on and on forever. Most people will probably quit before they make it up there.

I haven't used the stun baton yet, also level 41. Kind of running out of gameplay loop. I look at the tech tree to come and it's just...meh? I'll keep catching, but I dunno.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The exploration has been one of my bigger enjoyment points. Some really great vistas and views once you get a flying mount and can go vertical.

Caliane

nighttime exploration with glowing effigies, waypoints, enemies, towers is so devilishly addicting. 100% an elegant system.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The world is also fucking massive. It kind of seems wasted at the moment. Like I decided to fly north to find quartz and it just goes on and on forever. Most people will probably quit before they make it up there.

I haven't used the stun baton yet, also level 41. Kind of running out of gameplay loop. I look at the tech tree to come and it's just...meh? I'll keep catching, but I dunno.
They should definitely focus on cleaning up the current features and the <40 gameplay, but ideas for extending the "endgame" could include:
  1. Cross-server PvP gameplay with something like a possibly turn-based pokemon-style gameplay, along with arena battles with your Pals against other players. Conversely, raiding other player's bases sounds terrible. The gameplay when you get raided and two huge groups of Pals just devastate each other is not great.
  2. Increasing the automation aspect, and then adding another tier of bullshit with really expensive costs (in terms of automatable items) that motivate you to create 3+ independently sustainable and defended bases. I don't really know if that's a desired feature of the game, or if the bases are intended to always require player interaction.
  3. A new higher level island that motivate you to have effectively leveled, skilled, bred and condensed Pals (even Pals FROM this island, as in world pals are significantly tougher than your pals, boss style). Plus some camps that are larger and with less derpy enemies.
All of those things aren't easy. #1 and #2 require new systems and #3 will be terrible unless they make the gameplay less exploitable and buggy.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I've found breeding to be incredibly difficult and if you're trying to min max it it's going to take way longer. Even with egg timer turned to 0, it's still decently long to wait for them to make an egg. But getting 4 skills? Good fucking luck.

Also, regarding the breeding pen, I've noticed if I fast travel is when it gets fucky. Fast traveling away and back again seems to occasionally fix it.
I spent half of my day yesterday getting a damn Direhowl with Swift and three other legend stats, knowing full well I probably won't ever have him in my team late game. And then I spent the last half of the day trying to get a stupid Tanzee with 4 crafting legendary stats. I am definitely enthralled with the whole min max breeding stuff. Never played a Pokemon game, glad I waited until now. 🤣

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I spent half of my day yesterday getting a damn Direhowl with Swift and three other legend stats, knowing full well I probably won't ever have him in my team late game. And then I spent the last half of the day trying to get a stupid Tanzee with 4 crafting legendary stats. I am definitely enthralled with the whole min max breeding stuff. Never played a Pokemon game, glad I waited until now. 🤣
So on the plus side, and what I've learned for other playthroughs, is those are super useful to have on one pal.

You can take that Direhowl and breed it with, say, a Mozzarina and get a Fenglope which is also a super nice mount. Or breed it with something else to try to get a Vanwyrm or Anubis with those skills, and then do like me and try to breed a Faleris flying mount (3rd fastest overall, and fastest non-legendary).

It may take a ton of tries to get the skills to transfer over, which is the rub. I kept trying to get an Anubis with Nimble and Ferocious to go with the Vanwyrm's two speed skills, but eventually gave up.

But basically, start keeping literally any pal with a skill you might want. Because like 80% of the time you can breed it to something else that you want. I used this website a bunch to try to move my skills onto desirable pals.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am in the middle of doing anubis and more task oriented pals. I want a combat anubis and quite a few worker ones for mining/handicraft(until I can get the level 4 miners). Big thing atm is getting parents with the right passives. I need an artisan, been killing the quivern trying to get one with it, since I am doing quivern + chillet for an anubis. Once I finish those, see if I can get some other level 4 work pals(fire, water, transport etc). Seems quite a few are way up in the NE on one of the wildlife sanctuary places but may be they can be bred too, other wise it seems its that sanctuary and world bosses.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
So on the plus side, and what I've learned for other playthroughs, is those are super useful to have on one pal.

You can take that Direhowl and breed it with, say, a Mozzarina and get a Fenglope which is also a super nice mount. Or breed it with something else to try to get a Vanwyrm or Anubis with those skills, and then do like me and try to breed a Faleris flying mount (3rd fastest overall, and fastest non-legendary).

It may take a ton of tries to get the skills to transfer over, which is the rub. I kept trying to get an Anubis with Nimble and Ferocious to go with the Vanwyrm's two speed skills, but eventually gave up.

But basically, start keeping literally any pal with a skill you might want. Because like 80% of the time you can breed it to something else that you want. I used this website a bunch to try to move my skills onto desirable pals.

Yep, I've started putting random pals with good speed skills in one tab, good fighting skills in another tab, and good base skills in another. With the calculator and 19,000 different combos I can eventually breed into just about any target species as long as I have a decent mix. My problem is wasting my time playing with the system on early game pals that I probably will dump later on. Good system though, having fun learning it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I just got a 4 fire from a huge dragon egg. He's cookin up enough pancakes to give everyone diabeetus!

I'm using this thing:
pistole.jpg

I got it around low 20's from a schematic but I only had about 80 ammo I had looted from boxes on the ground while exploring. It saved me a couple times.

The thing I'd really like to find is another one of those shirts like I have on above. That one is 1 extra heat protection, so I'm fine in the hot areas with heat resist armor. I'd like one for cold.

Need to find more dungeons. Maybe that ignus with the dungeon radar gets more useful leveled up. Does the range increase?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can find those shirts on a merchant up north(duneshelter)

I captured that merchant and the wandering/pal one with him. It's nice to have them in your pal box and you can summon them anytime to sell/buy(they still rotate their stock) then having to travel to them over and over.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My base is cursed. The top floor sometimes destroys stuff, inclduing these incubators just a few seconds ago. I think I'm going to drop to 2 floors.

View attachment 511741
I bet this is what happened, those eggs might be sliiiightly out of range of my base, and I didn't see the decay happening, hmm...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yep, I've started putting random pals with good speed skills in one tab, good fighting skills in another tab, and good base skills in another.
This is exactly what I did.

One of my many features I'd want from this game is a way to "condense" Pals into candy that I can store in a chest and feed to pals later to evolve them. There's just too many Pal types and too few tools on the Pal Stash for sorting and organizing, being able to condense pals into candy would allevaite it a lot.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Took me 14 breeds. I think I'll call this one good enough.

And I agree on the weapons. Crossbow seems to be the last useful weapon, after that your pals end up being way more worthwhile, especially with no ammo consumption. I use the short bow still to plink at enemies at the end. I made the rifle eventually and never use it. Ammo is too expensive and I rarely am just trying to destroy a pal with 1100 dmg. If I want to farm something, I'll use a pal, and if I'm capturing well...also pal. Weapons would need to do massively more damage to be worthwhile, and I'd only use them for bosses at that point.

View attachment 511805
Son of a - love my fat turkey boi, but have only been able to get runner on it

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I bet this is what happened, those eggs might be sliiiightly out of range of my base, and I didn't see the decay happening, hmm...

hmm, maybe not. You can see the blue base line on my Faleris here, and my eggs were well inside it...

1706570474361.png