Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Your base will also take damage during raids or hostile pokemon wander near.

Your own pokemon don't *usually* damage your base when fighting, but on more than one occasion I've had that just fail? or not be the case anyway, and my own guys blew huge chunks of my walls up etc trying to get at some of those shitty hostile bird pokemon flying near.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Also, sometimes if you destroy a bit of wall or foundation, something completely unrelated will fall apart. I think every building game I've ever played has had this bug.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Apparently you can shit out a ton of repair kits (5 stone, 5 wood I think?) and put them in a chest and any handiworker pals will use them to auto repair damaged parts of your base.

• 6Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Apparently you can shit out a ton of repair kits (5 stone, 5 wood I think?) and put them in a chest and any handiworker pals will use them to auto repair damaged parts of your base.
Approve South Park GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why so many incubators? Can't just change the timer to 0?

• 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The server I'm on is all default. I only have 6 egg hatchers though.

My ginormous fire 4 critter can sure bake cake fast though.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The server I'm on is all default. I only have 6 egg hatchers though.

My ginormous fire 4 critter can sure bake cake fast though.

Yeah that would drive me nuts. I sometimes come back with 10 to 15 eggs. If I had to sit there and wait for each one, especially giant/large.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why so many incubators? Can't just change the timer to 0?
Because I'm roleplaying as a Xenomorph Queen, not roleplaying a cheater?

fKbTiNNgiNcokryETR1m_0sp3Ou-Ap5BOTGaPh_Fexh9WXHLGgn2W5HXkPnU245bgPSl-lxdaJvsNN5Czrz4I84-DNnFeXFpndsl5myPCrt7X1BRpZQOPjUpOvPvPUGvTI6yvN09KP--40hUVF9iK_EVogL7HVRFAvNZTui5xB-iRA

Just kidding.

We have the server settings set to take about 2.5 hours for the huge eggs and it feels OK. Short enough that basic scaling like having a ton of incubators is useful, but not required.

I've been struggling to think of how breeding can be balanced to be fun but still not trivialize big parts of the game once you understand it. Just having a long hatch time isn't that answer. Gating the breeding by doing a harder segregation of Pals into tiers to prevent people from breeding trash Pals into pre-BIS Pal probably works.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I think part of the problem is you can find huge eggs in newbie areas combined with low risk exploration of egg areas. It didn't happen to me but there's videos of people getting an Anubis on their first hatch off a beginning area huge rock egg. We can wish there was more overland danger to slow down cherry picking eggs and useful mid-tier captures but there's probably an equally large player base that would prefer all agro eliminated and want a peaceful exploration game.

In the end though, players will skip/exploit anything possible to boost their power. I know I'm not the only one who did newbie runs to Faeroth or Aeonia in Elden Ring. What is Palworld trying to be? A "catch them all" game or a breeding simulator. Clearly it's both but the way breeding currently works you can skip whole biomes by selectively breeding across elements and difficulty tiers.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, as soon as you get a flying mount and some heat/cold resistant armor, you could just go ham gathering eggs. I'm in my mid-40's, but I did like 15 minutes in the volcano area and pulled something like 20 eggs. That'd be a massive leg up for someone at level 15.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thinking about it some more, I think all they'd need to do is segregate the Pal breeding geographically, such that each Pal is assigned one of the ~12 regions and if you want to breed a Pal from that region, one of the parents must be a Pal already in that region. And Pals only spawn from eggs in that region. They might already have something like this and I just haven't learned the system yet and there are a few exceptions that can proliferate the species.

Part of the reason I'm OK with breeding being generally OP is that if I did another playthrough in a year I probably would be apprehensive about catching another ~600 Pals. But catching a few dozen and operating a couple bases to breed the rest? I could do that easily.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also, in fairness, most people aren't going to rush a flying mount their first playthrough and just start collecting eggs in high level areas.

But yeah, breeding is super OP. We restarted with a friend who hadn't played yet, and I'm torn on whether to start breeding shit or not. I know if I do I'm going to have assraping pals while he's sitting at level 12 still trying to figure out the systems.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone got a good idea on how to level pals fast?

The Reddit advice seems to be hit up the bosses, but the problem is the entire reason I want to level my pals is so they can kill the bosses. They're all really falling behind on levels, despite me using the same group pretty consistently forever now.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
See I have barely touched egg hatching and haven’t messed with breeding at all yet, so of course these are going to some of the best ways to do things lol. Been out here sweat shopping my sphere assembly lines so I can throw a billion spheres at one high level Pal hoping to catch it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Anyone got a good idea on how to level pals fast?

The Reddit advice seems to be hit up the bosses, but the problem is the entire reason I want to level my pals is so they can kill the bosses. They're all really falling behind on levels, despite me using the same group pretty consistently forever now.
Mine always level ahead of me. Do you have xp modified in some way?

BTW I ran across the good vendors up north. More funny hats!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I did bump it up a tiny bit. Guess the exp modifier only applies to the player and not pals.

I didn't touch my exp rate, so mine stay my level as long as they stay in party to get the capture exp. I can put a low level pet in party and it will catch up to my level quickly.

The ones working at the bases fall way behind, the passive exp from working is just so low mid to late game. I wouldn't mind a server option to increase that, maybe double it. Just so they could be somewhat closer to character level.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah a change to:

• Stop the bonus XP from catching Pals under your 10 limit from going to your pals and dramatically lower your Pals XP requirement
  • Create training stations that your pals can use to grind XP in base
would be cool.

Getting to a super high level, catching a Jetragon, breeding a super Jetragon, and then leveling them up on bosses while having almost all the Pals caught sounds miserable.