Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Oops. I went to sleep and woke up to this:

20240130165846_1.jpg

Are they all going to be the same thing?

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The breed will be the same. Every pal has a value and when you breed them it's basically the average of the two parents. What will be different is the passive traits. They like to inherit from their parents which is how you can breed lucky legendary things but even then it's random and you can get totally new traits.

Edit add: because it's math based it's also deterministic. You can know before hand what specifically to breed to get certain pals. Multiple resources online. I happen to use Palworld Breeding Guide

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
We had a Jormuntide rapist who basically snuck into the breeding pen by himself with something else at least 4 times. It's usually a problem with the pals with massive hitboxes.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, if they ever allow more than 3 bases I think I'd put breeding all by itself on an empty beach. At least until they make some method for assigning pals better than trying to pick them up as they're running to some random rock or tree or whatever without accidentally clicking your pal bench or crate or anything else near.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I used the site. I've got some jormoglobinses brewing.

The infamous war criminal Pekora is starting the game. This should be good.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I took a break from this to play Enshrouded (which is also great) but I can't wait for us to finish the current content so I can go back to Palworld.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So anyone here breed some uber legendaries and level them? I'm starting that process now and the limited methods to level pals is becoming obvious. I leveled by playing naturally and 10 capping Pals as much as possible, but now my Palodex is fairly full (I'm level 45ish) and when I get an uber level 1 Legendary I'm wondering if the only way to level is capturing bosses. Because of how XP from 10 capping Pals scales by level and capturing bosses (after the 10 cap) doesn't, maybe I should've leveled from bosses a *lot* more.

I'm also wondering how effective it'll be to just waste high level camps.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
So they don't even have to be the same creature to get it on? :emoji_blush:

Assuming it's based on Pokermans like everything else in the game, the Pals are divided up into breeding groups.

The only "breeding groups" I've seen is you must have one male and one female, otherwise you can breed anything together. You can take a Lamball (the weakest pal) and breed it with a Jetragon (the "strongest") and you'll get a Petallia. It just averages the strength value of the two parents and picks the nearest value pal for the child. The only real restriction then is you can never get stronger than your strongest parent. The problem is there's outliers that are available early like the Chillet, Penking, and Bushi bosses that boost your breeding strength higher than normal plus you can get high value pals in overland eggs that allow you to game the system.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
So anyone here breed some uber legendaries and level them? I'm starting that process now and the limited methods to level pals is becoming obvious. I leveled by playing naturally and 10 capping Pals as much as possible, but now my Palodex is fairly full (I'm level 45ish) and when I get an uber level 1 Legendary I'm wondering if the only way to level is capturing bosses. Because of how XP from 10 capping Pals scales by level and capturing bosses (after the 10 cap) doesn't, maybe I should've leveled from bosses a *lot* more.

I'm also wondering how effective it'll be to just waste high level camps.
I'm hopeful pal xp is something tweaked or changed going forward. My guess is the developers didn't anticipate how much breeding players would do and thought most people would use captured open world pals that didn't need as much leveling. Others have mentioned it but some kind of training pit to passively level pals would be nice.

It's probably just where I'm at in the game but I'd also like to see some pals that significantly boost loot drops, better than the 1.2x or whatever Katress gives. Having to murder an entire area for various pal fluids and is soo 1990s.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only "breeding groups" I've seen is you must have one male and one female, otherwise you can breed anything together. You can take a Lamball (the weakest pal) and breed it with a Jetragon (the "strongest") and you'll get a Petallia. It just averages the strength value of the two parents and picks the nearest value pal for the child. The only real restriction then is you can never get stronger than your strongest parent. The problem is there's outliers that are available early like the Chillet, Penking, and Bushi bosses that boost your breeding strength higher than normal plus you can get high value pals in overland eggs that allow you to game the system.
considering how much else they copied, im surprised they simplified breeding so much.

Yesterday I found out they even copied STAB.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm hopeful pal xp is something tweaked or changed going forward. My guess is the developers didn't anticipate how much breeding players would do and thought most people would use captured open world pals that didn't need as much leveling. Others have mentioned it but some kind of training pit to passively level pals would be nice.

It's probably just where I'm at in the game but I'd also like to see some pals that significantly boost loot drops, better than the 1.2x or whatever Katress gives. Having to murder an entire area for various pal fluids and is soo 1990s.
High quality pal oil is definitely "broken." Either too much polymer is needed, not enough pals drop it, or the conversion rate sucks. But it's by far the most annoying resource.

I find myself having to go to the desert almost every hour and slaughtering all the digtoise, dumuds, and hopefully a mammooth if it's up. That usually gives me enough for about 20 polymer. Which is nothing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
High quality pal oil is definitely "broken." Either too much polymer is needed, not enough pals drop it, or the conversion rate sucks. But it's by far the most annoying resource.

I find myself having to go to the desert almost every hour and slaughtering all the digtoise, dumuds, and hopefully a mammooth if it's up. That usually gives me enough for about 20 polymer. Which is nothing.
Buy that from The Wandering Merchant in a red coat at Duneshelter

Pal Fluids is definitely a huge bottleneck though. Downhammer Downhammer I don't think Katress gives a bonus to its drop rate. That's Orserk. Orserk and it scales from 40% (level 1 pal) to 80% (level 5 Pal) increase drop rate, not 20%.

• 1Like

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Buy that from The Wandering Merchant in a red coat at Duneshelter

Pal Fluids is definitely a huge bottleneck though. Downhammer Downhammer I don't think Katress gives a bonus to its drop rate. That's Orserk. Orserk and it scales from 40% (level 1 pal) to 80% (level 5 Pal) increase drop rate, not 20%.
Yea, I've been hitting the merchant but I'm not sure that's sustainable. Either I murder for oil or I almost murder for capture/sell/buy so it's basically the same. I guess I could try mass producing something sustainable in my base and sell that. Haven't explored that side of the economy yet.

While I'm wishing though, I'd like to see a partner skill that caps all damage to 90% remaining health or something. Would help to not accidentally one shot the random lucky pal you run across.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I haven't tried it yet but I hear you can double your drops by capturing, which drops loot, then butchering, which also drops loot. With the inconsistent success of capturing it feels like more hassle than it's worth but I guess it's an option.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yes, you can. There are also pals for each element that double drops.

Butchering just takes fucking forever.