Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah all of my bases have Anubislaves. They are fast, small, have transport/handiwork. And with how much damn stone/ore you need for legendary spheres, these guys are $$$.

1706735957477.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have an army of lucky/artisan/workaholic Anubii thanks to the breeding calculator. Caught a lucky Caprity and realized I could breed it with Beakon, they got down for a couple of days.

Tried to land those 3 + Diet Lover but gave up.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Bushi + cinnamoth = Anubis. Would normally be tougher since bushi are on volcano island except they kindly put a low bushi boss in the intermediate area.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like Vanwyrm for breeding.

Cinnamoth + Vanwyrm = Anubis
Anubis + Vanwyrm = Faleris
Flopie + Vanwyrm = Fenglope

They're a good flying mount for early - mid game, and also easy to breed with all sorts of easy shit as well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like Vanwyrm for breeding.

Cinnamoth + Vanwyrm = Anubis
Anubis + Vanwyrm = Faleris
Flopie + Vanwyrm = Fenglope

They're a good flying mount for early - mid game, and also easy to breed with all sorts of easy shit as well.
Are Vanwyrms notably better than Nitewings? site i checked online had them at the same speed. I have a Beakon and a Ragnahawk from eggsploring but still several levels away from being able to craft their saddles.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I crafted a saddle for some flyer after nitewing and it couldn't actually fly. You just hovered over the ground a bit, so I haven't crafted any more since.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I crafted a saddle for some flyer after nitewing and it couldn't actually fly. You just hovered over the ground a bit, so I haven't crafted any more since.

Hmm weird, you should fly. Just hold space to gain altitude. Ctrl goes down.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I like Vanwyrms because they're flying lvl 3 transporting and their only other skill is kindling. They don't get distracted by anything else and don't seem to get stuck on geometry too much. I think they're also the smallest food consumer of the lvl3 transporters. A mix of Anubis and Vanwyrm in a mining base runs pretty smooth.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Some mounts I have found you need to double jump to get them to stay in the air. Then holding space raises them higher.

Are Vanwyrms notably better than Nitewings?

Slight upgrade but it more depends on the passives you roll on each mount. A Nitewing with Swift and Runner might feel faster than a base level Beakon which is very good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Beakon's/Ragnahawks are very good flyer go-tos. It really depends if you want electric damage for shocking for captures or fire damage for your attacks for killing shit faster. Also obviously the inherit moves of either. A Beakon is pretty nice with Air Cannon/Wind Cutter (?)/Sand Tornado.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
New patch live. Fuck yeah finally side mouse buttons are configurable!

Steam version v0.1.4.0 has been released.

Patch Notes:

===

▼Major Fixes

・Fixed an issue where the game would crash under certain conditions
・Fixed an issue where if another player's pal/base pal had HP 30% or less, it could be captured by using a sphere.
・Fixed an issue where enemy pals would get stuck in walls due to charge attacks.

・Implemented the first fix for an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the guild's total number of pals captured reached around 7000.

*The game no longer crashes even if the total number of captured objects exceeds 7000.
However, save data that has already been in this state (in the case of a server, the server's world data) prior to this update will still be unable to load.
We are continuing to work on fixing this issue permanently.

▼Key Configuration
・Added support for mouse side keys and numeric keypad in keyboard key configuration.
*Further improvements are currently planned, such as support for interact key configuration.

▼Player Issues
・Fixed an issue where players on dedicated servers and co-op (online) were receiving damage twice.
・Specifications have been changed so that you can move at extremely low speed even when you have exceeded the weight limit.
・Players will no longer pass through walls when dismounting.
・Fixed an issue where capture power strengthened by Lifmunk Effigies was reset when using memory reset drugs.
・Fixed an issue where armor could be equipped in the wrong slot.
・Adjusted camera positions of several Pals to make it easier to see when mounted.

▼Base Issues
・Specifications have been changed so that Pals who are manually assigned to a breeding farm will not become hungry and their manual assignments will not be removed.
・The key to lift Pals has been changed from F → V (Pad: X → Y) in order to prevent accidents.
・Reduced the speed and range of fire spreading on wooden buildings.
・Fixed an issue where manual work assignments could not be set at all under certain circumstances.
・Fixed an issue where extremely high-level Relaxaurus would attack the base during raids.
・Added several measures to prevent base Pals from getting stuck.
・Fixed an issue where Pals would get stuck while transporting items and would drop them on the spot.
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would continue to cut down trees that were already cut.
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base were on the verge of death due to unexplained falling damage.
・Fixed an issue where Pals at the base would float under some conditions.
・Fixed an issue where if a farm was built on the second floor or above, work pals would be unable to move on the floors below.

▼Other
・Corrected incorrect text
・Measures have been added to prevent cheating and stealing other players' Pals.
・Many other minor fixes such as the addition of a UI key guide.

===

We will continue development placing top priority on fixing major problems and issues.
Thank you for your continued support of Palworld.

P.S. also importantly, The key to lift Pals has been changed from F → V (Pad: X → Y) in order to prevent accidents. FYI

P.P.S. changing the Roll key also changes the "lower altitude" key while flying, since it's the same keybind.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Nice. The lifting shit and the breeding shit was very, very frustrating. Especially in conjunction with each other.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
This is a really cool feature! The crosshair changes when targeting.
20240201023601_1.jpg

But then it doesn't actually use what you had targeted and you have to pick up and throw 30 times to get the thing you want.
20240201023710_1.jpg

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Also looks like squished turtles do more with the special mining spinny ability if you upgraded them.
20240201024235_1.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, turtle's mining abilities actually come from its Pal Skill rather than it's work. So stuff like work speed only effects the cooldown on Drill Crusher and not actually the speed at which they mine. I have a full juiced turtle and with the headband and in my party it does something like 65 damage per hit to ore. A single drill crusher can take out like 6 ore nodes in probably 10-12 seconds.

There's also a LOT of pals who don't benefit from work increased like you'd think. I made some worker cows and chickens and it turns out that does nothing because the production of milk and eggs is their PAL skill, not their farming skill. So juicing any shitty chicken/cow is better than selective breeding for anything other than battle or sanity if you're doing extreme workspeed shit. Basically work speed only increases Pal stuff that involves anything you would hold F on like a source of cooking, smelting, or crafting. Kinda sucks I was hoping my Artisan/Serious/Lucky cow was going to be making like 4x the milk, but it was the same as a 0 trait cow.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if I've ever played a game where like half of the 40 items in a patch notes directly improve things I care about. I've spent so much time coercing my pals to breed, should be way easier now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So it looks like one of the many features Palworld has from Pokemon is Individual Values that give a 0-50% HP and 0-30% attack/defense. Won't be toooo big of a breeding burden since traits seem to proliferate pretty well so once you get a male/female combo with decent traits you can breed a LOT of Pals with those traits, and you need a lot to raise their star level (52 for 3 star, 116 for 4star).

I'm breeding pairs of the 4 legendaries now. Will be a lot easier with the breeding changes rolled out today.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The legendaries must be a giant ass pain. I went to try and do Blazamut with my best water pal being a 39 Jormund, and it took like 15 minutes. Had to use 3 legendary spheres, too.