Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The legendaries must be a giant ass pain. I went to try and do Blazamut with my best water pal being a 39 Jormund, and it took like 15 minutes. Had to use 3 legendary spheres, too.
I caught them all last night. I think the highest initial capture rate with a legendary sphere I saw was ~15%, with them down to super low health and getting stun batoned. The % it shows is bullshit, but I think in all the cases it took about 10 spheres so it's not far off. I definitely don't recommend trying one without 20 legendary spheres. You'll probably catch it in 10, but it'd suck to go home empty handed after ~10 minutes of fighting.

Also bring poison and fire crossbows, poison/fire damage is % based and ignores defense, so it's very strong against legendaries.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I built a base kinda close to that 47 anubis thing. It was walking close by and I couldn't resist shooting it for funs.
20240201033723_1.jpg

Didn't go well :emoji_laughing:
20240201033752_1.jpg

I ran over to the box and started swapping out live pals and it was just chewing through them. Eventually I ran off and let it reset. Everything in the base was damaged but nothing was destroyed.

I've got a handicraft only pal and he was running around hammering fixing things, but seems like they will only do that about 5 times and then get stuck, so you have to babysit them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the changes to the type matchups are weird, im assuming this is one of the places they knew they had to change things quite a bit to be legally distinct from pokermans but the system they picked of two matchup wheels connected through fire having a double type advantage sure is bland. Dragon in particular went from the king of cool to boring as fuck.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Quick visit to the cooking pit and merchant and it looks like salad might be an acceptable cash farm. Sells for 120 and only needs lettuce and tomatoes so easily sustainable. Basically the same price as ammo and half enough for HQ oil. I might plant another plot each and just use that.
Apparently, a real cash farm is a Mau ranch:

(it's at 19:15, if the timer doesn't work)

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I've seen people talk about capturing vendors and using them as personal vendors. I've accidentally captured humans before but just sold them. How do the vendors work? Do you need them in your party or can you put them at your base and buy from them. I'm assuming they have no work suitability so they'd just stand there.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They all have level 1 handiwork and nothing else. You take them out at your base and use freely. Black Marketeers refresh their Pal sale inventory every time you take them out.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I caught them all last night. I think the highest initial capture rate with a legendary sphere I saw was ~15%, with them down to super low health and getting stun batoned. The % it shows is bullshit, but I think in all the cases it took about 10 spheres so it's not far off. I definitely don't recommend trying one without 20 legendary spheres. You'll probably catch it in 10, but it'd suck to go home empty handed after ~10 minutes of fighting.

Also bring poison and fire crossbows, poison/fire damage is % based and ignores defense, so it's very strong against legendaries.
Decided to try Frostallion since I have the Blazamut, Faleris, and Incineram Noct as 3 that I always have in my party, so they're the highest levels and all fire. Blazamut is the boss version so level 49, although synced to me at 46. Figured Frostallion would be the easiest.

Yeah, I got my shit fucked up. Think I got him down maybe 20%?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Decided to try Frostallion since I have the Blazamut, Faleris, and Incineram Noct as 3 that I always have in my party, so they're the highest levels and all fire. Blazamut is the boss version so level 49, although synced to me at 46. Figured Frostallion would be the easiest.

Yeah, I got my shit fucked up. Think I got him down maybe 20%?
The first frostallion I got I ended up just soloing it by playing Monster Hunter: Palworld against it with a poison and fire crossbow. Took a while and I got it. The other four I tag teamed with a buddy. Necromus / Paladius aggro together, so tag-teaming it worked really well. Jetdragon was definitely the toughest since he's so fast and his attacks have a huge AE.

In some ways I hope they make any future Pal raid events more focused on the Pals themselves, because it'd be fun to build up a team of Pals that can take on a tough opponent rather than enabling players to carry most of the battle themselves. If they just nerfed poison / fire damage it'd do that to some extent, because then if a player is leveraging an assault rifle they're at least expending significant resources.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like Vanwyrm for breeding.

Cinnamoth + Vanwyrm = Anubis
Anubis + Vanwyrm = Faleris
Flopie + Vanwyrm = Fenglope

They're a good flying mount for early - mid game, and also easy to breed with all sorts of easy shit as well.
Male vanwyrm, female cinnamoth. When i first toss them in the breeding ranch the love blossoms shit starts, but eventually the cinnamoth just leaves the ranch. then the vanwyrm leaves too. If I try to toss one back in it says no work available, if i put them back in the pal box and withdraw them the cycle starts over again. yes, there's a cake in the ranch chest.

so what am I missing?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Even if they leave and go do something else, the progress bar on the egg should still be filling. Unless they're getting hungry/tired and they go off to sleep/eat and then somehow get stuck and injured on the way back maybe?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was a patch today for Steam that should've fixed some of the fuckery with breeding.

But yeah, it happens. Seems to happen more if you're fast traveling around. Like above, just throw em back in the pen. Sometimes that's buggy too, but keep at it. It's definitely one of the more frustrating things I've seen.

Like, it seems that maybe the coordinates of the breeding pen get wonky, so I can throw a pal at the entrance and it assigns them, but they get bugged and I end up having to throw them towards the back of it. Or the side. I came to this conclusion after I moved my incubator close to it, and throwing a pal at the entrance had it try to assign to the incubator. It wasn't even remotely close enough to think that's what I was aiming for.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I crafted a saddle for some flyer after nitewing and it couldn't actually fly. You just hovered over the ground a bit, so I haven't crafted any more since.

I've noticed that some flying mounts require tapping the fly button, before holding it down, to get them going.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Just checking in to see if the Pokemon ball lickers have posted a link to Nintendo actually suing to take this down yet......

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I may dick around a bit more but otherwise I think I'm gonna avoid sinking a bunch of time into this until it's come along further. They've got a fantastic foundation to build on so we'll see how it goes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There was a patch today for Steam that should've fixed some of the fuckery with breeding.
yeah the breeding is waaay better. I've bred maybe 40 eggs tonight with zero Pals breaking their breeding assignment, and assigning Pals to breeding stations is easier.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
And their normal locations respawn so you don't accidentally fuck up the world?
Yes. They respawn the same as pals.

Male vanwyrm, female cinnamoth. When i first toss them in the breeding ranch the love blossoms shit starts, but eventually the cinnamoth just leaves the ranch. then the vanwyrm leaves too. If I try to toss one back in it says no work available, if i put them back in the pal box and withdraw them the cycle starts over again. yes, there's a cake in the ranch chest.

so what am I missing?
Do you have random trees or shrubbery growing in your breeding area? Try putting it on some foundations.

Even if they leave and go do something else, the progress bar on the egg should still be filling. Unless they're getting hungry/tired and they go off to sleep/eat and then somehow get stuck and injured on the way back maybe?
Put a feed box and two beds inside the breed area.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Put a feed box and two beds inside the breed area.
Note that yesterday's patch makes breeding Pals no longer need food (they're eating cake). I got rid of the feed box but still have two beds inside the breeding area. It's hit or miss on whether they use them on any given evening.