Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Feel like I am behind the curve but I finally got to 50 and downed my first legendary. Frostallion. Now I suppose I'll breed it then take it over to Jetragon, then those two centaurs in the desert.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I read if you fight the desert legendaries at night it's possible for one of them to remain asleep the whole time so you don't have an Ornstein and Smough type sitch.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I noticed that any pal with logging seems to favour that now, and the trees in my base seem to just take damage forever and not yield any wood or eventually destroy. I can chop them down but the pals just beat on them forever.

Also I think I was better off with my Tombat gang than these level 2 and 3 turtles. They seem to clear things fast but they pause for food alot, don't work at night, and just seem to get less out of a node. I used to go to sleep and wake up to +2000 ore, but now it's more like 500.

I suspect alot of it is falling through the ground.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I noticed that any pal with logging seems to favour that now, and the trees in my base seem to just take damage forever and not yield any wood or eventually destroy. I can chop them down but the pals just beat on them forever.

Also I think I was better off with my Tombat gang than these level 2 and 3 turtles. They seem to clear things fast but they pause for food alot, don't work at night, and just seem to get less out of a node. I used to go to sleep and wake up to +2000 ore, but now it's more like 500.

I suspect alot of it is falling through the ground.
Tombats and Katress are pretty good for that reason, especially on servers with activity where nobody is sleeping to pass the night.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feel like I am behind the curve but I finally got to 50 and downed my first legendary. Frostallion. Now I suppose I'll breed it then take it over to Jetragon, then those two centaurs in the desert.
If you're level 50, you're not behind the curve at all.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This communitys default is sweat drenched. If you aren't in the post game with fully maxed out characters doing miserable and pointless gaming loops while bitching about lack of content after opening weekend, you are behind the curve.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
The breeding pits of EQ and WoW gave most FoH members Artisan, Swift, and Work Slave. Some also got destructive, masochist, and unstable.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Man the dps race on this last tower is real. Need to pump 20k damage per minute to win.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Outside of Hardcore 3x or something, min/maxxing legends and shit is not even close to necessary. I was on softcore 2x and as long as you have the right elemental matchup and decent telegraph dodging within ~2 levels of the bosses you'll be fine.

Making shit like Wumpo Botan's with Legend/Muscle/Ferocious/Burly Body is for style and funsies. Legend/Swift/Runner mounts are more important than super beefed attack Pals for the most part. If you look too deep you'll notice that the legendary Pals are just so much inherently better than others it would ruin the game to force yourself into min/maxxing that way. Just fucking juice a Mossanda and have some fun and you'll still be able to do anything even with juiced difficulty.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I cheesed Frostallion at level 46 with the cliff and it took probably 20 minutes. Do not recommend. It turned night and I had run out of food, and the only thing keeping me from freezing was the fire pets. But resummoning them would hit me with freezing. I barely made it through the night and lost 3 pals. Went for the capture at around 2k hp (out of the 14.5k or whatever it has).

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So, found out breeding for battle for optimum Pals is kinda worthless since Alpha pals come with a 2x multiplier for HP.

Farming legendaries is the "meta", which is kind of a disappointment because I set up a whole system to breed optimum legendaries so I can level them and then immediately quit the game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Outside of Hardcore 3x or something, min/maxxing legends and shit is not even close to necessary. I was on softcore 2x and as long as you have the right elemental matchup and decent telegraph dodging within ~2 levels of the bosses you'll be fine.

Making shit like Wumpo Botan's with Legend/Muscle/Ferocious/Burly Body is for style and funsies. Legend/Swift/Runner mounts are more important than super beefed attack Pals for the most part. If you look too deep you'll notice that the legendary Pals are just so much inherently better than others it would ruin the game to force yourself into min/maxxing that way. Just fucking juice a Mossanda and have some fun and you'll still be able to do anything even with juiced difficulty.
I’ve never had much issue with tower bosses killing me but the last three towers have each been tough for me to kill the boss within the ten minute timer.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yes and no. For shit like Jetdragon having movement traits is going to be better than UP TO 2x health. Also if you get Burly Body I BELIEVE it's an effective +30% max hp equivalent via defense.

For the most part these legendaries have crazy health without being an Alpha Pal anyways, so you're better off getting 50% more attack via Musclehead/Ferocious and a 4th trait of your liking (Legend is included on both Alphas and SHOULD be bred onto any end-game Pal). Most of the fights you can avoid 90% of the damage with resummoning too so unless you want to be reallllly lazy or you want a big base defending hombre going overkill on health isn't really worth it compared to just killing shit much faster.

You can also be a shitter and capture the Tower bosses that have like 150k health and cheeze the game that way.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I’ve never had much issue with tower bosses milling me but the last three towers have each been tough for me to kill the boss within the ten minute timer.
Yeah, for Tower bosses the two keys are:

-Using the counter element because not only do Pals get an offensive bonus, they also get a defensive bonus versus their anti-element.
-Being at the level or above the level of the mob. It's hard to gauge within the game without looking it up, but if you're same level or above you'll do like 7x more damage to these fuckers. Instead of hitting for 9's you start hitting for 60's.

That said the Shadowbeak boss is pretty tough, I actually haven't fought him, but my guildmate did him at 50 with a bunch of 48 Pal's who were mostly super-bred and he finished with like 20 seconds left. But he didn't take a counter element Pal in. He just brought in juiced +attack Pals of his choice.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, found out breeding for battle for optimum Pals is kinda worthless since Alpha pals come with a 2x multiplier for HP.

Farming legendaries is the "meta", which is kind of a disappointment because I set up a whole system to breed optimum legendaries so I can level them and then immediately quit the game.
Well shit, guess I may just stop then. Was working on swift/runner to add to Frostallion but I'd rather have the HP over slightly higher run speed.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Idk if you guys saw but some people did the math to verify using effigies actually reduces capture rate. Basically right now when you aim at a pal it shows a %, when your ball hits them it shows a higher % based on your effigy level, but while it shows a higher % it’s actually like a corresponding amount lower instead of higher.

I think this is why the exp rate suddenly felt a lot worse for me in the mid 30s because this is when I really focused on getting my effigies maxed and at the same time you start moving to more expensive spheres.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Idk if you guys saw but some people did the math to verify using effigies actually reduces capture rate. Basically right now when you aim at a pal it shows a %, when your ball hits them it shows a higher % based on your effigy level, but while it shows a higher % it’s actually like a corresponding amount lower instead of higher.

I think this is why the exp rate suddenly felt a lot worse for me in the mid 30s because this is when I really focused on getting my effigies maxed and at the same time you start moving to more expensive spheres.
I have max effigies and the catching feels reasonable. I watched that video:

and never experienced what he demonstrated where I had a high shown catch rate that resulted in relatively low catch rates. I don't know how the effigies interact with catch rates at different Pal levels, damage amounts, sphere levels etc.

For now I'd recommend people collect those effigies and just not turn it in. And if you're maxed effigies or otherwise leveled it, I wouldn't worry about it much.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really? Because I noticed it around the 20's and 30's when I went back to start catching the super low < 10 pals. I'd end up using like 7 or 8 balls and still failing. You'd expect as you remove the level element (whatever it is in the formula should be maxed) that it'd start to become easier, but it became vastly more difficult.

It was within the first few days that I thought that something was wrong with their formula and it was rolling over back to 0% after you hit 100% when you start adding in effigies.

• 1Like