Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm still 3 levels away from refined ingots. Does the recipe use regular ingots or raw ore?

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
There isn't really anything that requires multiple production steps, which is good because I don't think pals can collect finished products. The only exceptions that I run into are pal fragments in the crusher and flour. Those are easy enough to make a thousand at a time and collect to keep ingot and cake production automated.

Gunpowder too I guess but I use vendors for ammo.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
and as of today the game crashes on startup every time for me. Guess that makes it easy to stop messing around with it.

*edit* switching my server to singleplayer fixed it, dunno if it was always multiplayer or if i changed it accidentally while looking at the custom rules.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Finally done. 137/137 captured, all towers cleared and all bosses/alphas defeated.
1707021662879.png

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

jeydax

Death and Taxes
and as of today the game crashes on startup every time for me. Guess that makes it easy to stop messing around with it.

*edit* switching my server to singleplayer fixed it, dunno if it was always multiplayer or if i changed it accidentally while looking at the custom rules.
I've found that you basically have to start the game in single player, back out, and then switch to multiplayer if your friends are joining you. Starting out straight in multiplayer causes the crash.

Xevy

Log Wizard
1707107074358.png

Crazy how Nintendo totally shut this down guys. Unfortunate.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Idk if you guys saw but some people did the math to verify using effigies actually reduces capture rate. Basically right now when you aim at a pal it shows a %, when your ball hits them it shows a higher % based on your effigy level, but while it shows a higher % it’s actually like a corresponding amount lower instead of higher.

I think this is why the exp rate suddenly felt a lot worse for me in the mid 30s because this is when I really focused on getting my effigies maxed and at the same time you start moving to more expensive spheres.

Holy fk. I actually noticed this anecdotally. Shit became NOTICEABLY harder as soon as I leveled my effigy. Immediately started getting multiple failures (4-5) when before I may get 1-2. Even low stuff was affected. Reeeee.

• 3Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
View attachment 512942

Crazy how Nintendo totally shut this down guys. Unfortunate.
There are probably big meetings about "why haven't we done an openworld survival Pokemon game yet?".

If you skim a lot over the Pokemon lore, you could certainly make one. As the now-censored mod attest, strip the "with guns" for the "kiddies" aspect, rename sanity into something less threatening, drop the capture humanoids creepy aspect, and you'd have a perfect Pokemon game.

Instead, it's a bunch of weirdos with a low budget that sniped you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Holy fk. I actually noticed this anecdotally. Shit became NOTICEABLY harder as soon as I leveled my effigy. Immediately started getting multiple failures (4-5) when before I may get 1-2. Even low stuff was affected. Reeeee.
There is probably a minus sign instead of a plus somewhere. Or vice-versa. Right now, the effigies are sitting in my inventory, and I'm not touching them.

• 3Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
100% dude, I literally came to this thread complaining that exp became really slow mid 30s which was right when I spent a day maxing mine out. Suddenly I had to use more expensive balls and on top of that they never fucking worked.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I may have restartitis, but that starting base location does look awesome. All you lose is the traveling merchant who can't find a way to your base once you establish it.

(and I can confirm that the miniboss does, in fact, like to come around and suntan on the hill where he builds his house in the video)

• 3Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
100% dude, I literally came to this thread complaining that exp became really slow mid 30s which was right when I spent a day maxing mine out. Suddenly I had to use more expensive balls and on top of that they never fucking worked.
Same. I may have to restart because I sunk a ton of effigies into the statue.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Yep, really don't want to restart but getting a better starting base and no effigies might be worth it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

There are probably big meetings about "why haven't we done an openworld survival Pokemon game yet?".

If you skim a lot over the Pokemon lore, you could certainly make one. As the now-censored mod attest, strip the "with guns" for the "kiddies" aspect, rename sanity into something less threatening, drop the capture humanoids creepy aspect, and you'd have a perfect Pokemon game.

Instead, it's a bunch of weirdos with a low budget that sniped you.

This is the most likely scenario. They got complacent and the fan base is mad that some random dudes in Japan delivered the type of game they had wanted for years. Sure, they could risk a court case, but it would be a bad look and it isn’t a slam dunk. They’d risk alienating some of the fan base of Pokemon regardless.

Better option for Nintendo is toss some of that money into producing an AAA title that directly competes with and surpasses Palworld

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This is the most likely scenario. They got complacent and the fan base is mad that some random dudes in Japan delivered the type of game they had wanted for years. Sure, they could risk a court case, but it would be a bad look and it isn’t a slam dunk. They’d risk alienating some of the fan base of Pokemon regardless.

Better option for Nintendo is toss some of that money into producing an AAA title that directly competes with and surpasses Palworld
Not to worry. The Pokemafia is on the case.

• 3Worf

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I also found out about the effigy bug the day after I maxed out my statue. I don't think it's worth restarting, I just bumped up the world's capture rate to 2x instead of the default to compensate, and would turn it back down if they fixed it before I stop playing.

It's really not worth restarting for a better starting base either, just tear down everything, put the mats in a chest at your second base, then disassmble the base from the map option, then build your new base at a better spot and rebuild everything with the mats from the chest. I migrated my base from my starter to a coal location later on and it really didn't take that long.

One good space-saving tip I can share, is that if you are building on a platform, the weapon/production/sphere assembly lines only need to be like halfway on the platform, they can stick out into the air quite a bit and your palls will still reach them to work.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I may have restartitis, but that starting base location does look awesome. All you lose is the traveling merchant who can't find a way to your base once you establish it.

(and I can confirm that the miniboss does, in fact, like to come around and suntan on the hill where he builds his house in the video)
One thing I've noticed is my guild's first base behaves waay better when someone isn't present than the other two bases.

Another thing I've noticed is that because Quartz isn't used in consumables and I find myself not really using guns much, perfect bases aren't as important as I initially thought. You really just need a lot of coal and ore, and enough space for breeding for "optimal" bases. I didn't watch that video, but what are the big benefits that base has?

If I did another playthrough I'd be really tempted to place two bases adjacently to create one mega base, with another base on the popular coal/iron plateau at 190, -40 or at 260, -220, or anywhere with coal. If bases were truly persistent while not playing just one ore and coal would be needed really, which would open up the map a lot.

Last edited: