Palworld (Pokemon with Guns and Bukkake, minus the Bukkake)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Another thing I've noticed is that because Quartz isn't used in consumables and I find myself not really using guns much, perfect bases aren't as important as I initially thought. You really just need a lot of coal and ore, and enough space for breeding for "optimal" bases. I didn't watch that video, but what are the big benefits that base has?
Six (or is it seven?) ore nodes. Plus an extremely defensive position.

The author also uses it to cheese the lvl 12 mini boss by aggroing and running into the base so that all his pals pile up on him, and get an easy kill/capture.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
One thing I've noticed is my guild's first base behaves waay better when someone isn't present than the other two bases.

Another thing I've noticed is that because Quartz isn't used in consumables and I find myself not really using guns much, perfect bases aren't as important as I initially thought. You really just need a lot of coal and ore, and enough space for breeding for "optimal" bases. I didn't watch that video, but what are the big benefits that base has?

If I did another playthrough I'd be really tempted to place two bases adjacently to create one mega base, with another base on the popular coal/iron plateau at 190, -40 or at 260, -220, or anywhere with coal. If bases were truly persistent while not playing just one ore and coal would be needed really, which would open up the map a lot.
My thing is the pals at my mining base don't actually work when I'm not there. People say it works for them, but for me they don't do shit.

So basically all I use it for is to fast travel to to mine it myself.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My thing is the pals at my mining base don't actually work when I'm not there. People say it works for them, but for me they don't do shit.

So basically all I use it for is to fast travel to to mine it myself.
Yeah I find myself traveling over to my base, popping a Digtoise and going afk for a few minutes while he mines everything. Then I either pick it all up or AFK more and let my Anubislaves pick it up.

If I'm at my base cycling my ~50 incubators or futsing around, my army of artisan/lucky/serious 1star+ Anubislaves and Bahamuts etc can keep the ore nodes down, but anytime I port in they're all starving and doing fuck all like everyone elses.

Kiki

Log Wizard
That's the bug I would like to see fixed. After I log out, everyone at my mining base starts starving and gets injured for no reason. I turned off base attacks so it's not that.

They do mine a little bit tho, I convert it to nails and sell to the vendor I have working there. Infinite money for bullets, medicine, etc.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So my friend told me lifmunk energy when you invest it in your character to raise your capture strength actually has the *opposite* effect and makes your capturing worse. I've also been told this has been the case for a long time.

Is this accurate?

Kiki

Log Wizard
That is the current word on the street. I have not tested it but I have stopped picking them up.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case, but we'd need some hard nerd math where the %age is actually found via successful captures v not. I can tell you for certain that the same level, same ball, and different capture level gave a +2% bonus to my guildmate who was 1 level above me in capture rate.

Now does that mean it ACTUALLY gives 2% bonus or it's -2%? That's where you'd need some excel junky with 1000 blue balls bonking level 20's or some shit to find out the REAL capture success rate. My guild and I figured the numbers you see are a separate roll per portion of the capture so your initial capture is like that 25% roll, THEN if it's successful at the 1/4 roll the next segment says 76% ,or whatever, is a 76% success on that part of the roll, and then the final one I've never seen fail even if it was 96% or something.

I'm not sure I believe it makes it harder but I'm all in the camp of it doing essentially nothing overall. Hell it may make it harder AND do essentially nothing. You might as well save yourself heartache either way and just not collect the effigies. The sweet irony of them fixing the mindwipe potion last patch which erased your lifmunk shit. Would've been nice for testing purposes!

elidib

Vyemm Raider
So my friend told me lifmunk energy when you invest it in your character to raise your capture strength actually has the *opposite* effect and makes your capturing worse. I've also been told this has been the case for a long time.

Is this accurate?
it seems to be true. I expect that bug will be fixed in the next patch now that it's known.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
good evening Pals, how are you all doing toni....

1707179989668.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yep, just shut off your server when you log off until there's a patch.

Pal AI completely fails/turns off when no one is logged in to the world, or if you get too far away from your base.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That is the current word on the street. I have not tested it but I have stopped picking them up.
There's a video I've seen with a guy who did a speedrun for flying mounts and tested on starting pals, no combat (apparently, you can hold your pal sphere on a target to see your current chance, something I never did). Once he consumed his lifmunk statues, the capture chance displayed dropped by about 1/3rd.

You can still pick them when you find them. Just keep them in your key items.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Huh? Weird, cause I thought the capture rate was displaying correctly, but the math behind it was fucked.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Are there sulfur nodes in the open world? Have only been able to find it in caves. Ready to build another base from scratch but I want to make sure it has sulfur and maybe coal if possible.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I don't think you can have sulfur and coal, but to the west there is a volcano with like 6 sulfur nodes in range.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Are there sulfur nodes in the open world? Have only been able to find it in caves. Ready to build another base from scratch but I want to make sure it has sulfur and maybe coal if possible.
There is no sulfur + coal to my knowledge.

is pretty good for just sulfur. idk if there's a good ore + sulfur base. I literally didn't get a single firearm after the musket. I tried to embrace leveraging Pals as much as possible. fire/poison crossbow is really strong because it deals percent based damage and its ammo is cheap.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Even if you fully embrace firearms it's just so much easier to buy ammo than make it. One black marketer kill drops enough gold for 100 rounds.

You could also also argue the cost of pal spheres pushes people into breeding although the capture rate bug and inherited traits are bigger factors.