Paramotoring

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah well I'm super excited to do this. Will keep you posted on my shenanigans. On a 2 stroke engine with 3 gallons of fuel these things can go 220 miles apparently.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I see these guys at the beach by San Luis Pass near Galveston a lot. Looks like fun but I can't imagine traveling any kind of real distance on one.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like a lot of fun. There is a crew of guys who do this in Hood River. I've seen them start on the hillsides over in WA and fly around above the gorge but they also start higher up in the valley and follow the hood river down to the gorge which looks really awesome. The engine echoing in the valley can be annoying.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Seems like a lot of fun. There is a crew of guys who do this in Hood River. I've seen them start on the hillsides over in WA and fly around above the gorge but they also start higher up in the valley and follow the hood river down to the gorge which looks really awesome. The engine echoing in the valley can be annoying.
There's 3 or 4 people that live around me that fly over the house pretty often. I see them 2 or 3 times a month in the spring/summer/fall

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I see these guys at the beach by San Luis Pass near Galveston a lot. Looks like fun but I can't imagine traveling any kind of real distance on one.
Some guy went across all of southern europe on one recently. A croatian. He'd fly like 100 miles to a gas station and stay at a hotel or whatever then do it again.

Not practical of course but I'm sure it was fun.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Some guy went across all of southern europe on one recently. A croatian. He'd fly like 100 miles to a gas station and stay at a hotel or whatever then do it again.

Not practical of course but I'm sure it was fun.
What's the cruising speed on those bad boys?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What's the cruising speed on those bad boys?
Probably like 60 or something depending on winds. You can do some techniques to glide the parachute/thermals to really extend your airtime and speed though.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
There are a few people very near to my house that do this, but they are seated in a lawn chair type thing. It actually looks like a ton of fun if its safe.

Funny hearing about drop zone drama. How do these frat bros keep you from having fun though? They chest bump you at the wind tunnel and wag a finger in your face and tell you bros only today? And make you watch them play?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There are a few people very near to my house that do this, but they are seated in a lawn chair type thing. It actually looks like a ton of fun if its safe.

Funny hearing about drop zone drama. How do these frat bros keep you from having fun though? They chest bump you at the wind tunnel and wag a finger in your face and tell you bros only today? And make you watch them play?
They simply don't let anyone jump with them if you're not part of their in-group clique. At a working dropzone half the load is usually tandem and students. Then 2/3 of the fun jump/experienced jumper load is full of clique assholes who you can't jump with and you end up jumping alone or with fresh licenses. I don't mind jumping with fresh licenses but once you get to a certain point you want to improve your skills and yolo jumps don't accomplish that.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Probably like 60 or something depending on winds. You can do some techniques to glide the parachute/thermals to really extend your airtime and speed though.
You should pioneer and perfect the Austin to Padre Island route. I'll meet you on the beach with gas and beer.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
They simply don't let anyone jump with them if you're not part of their in-group clique. At a working dropzone half the load is usually tandem and students. Then 2/3 of the fun jump/experienced jumper load is full of clique assholes who you can't jump with and you end up jumping alone or with fresh licenses. I don't mind jumping with fresh licenses but once you get to a certain point you want to improve your skills and yolo jumps don't accomplish that.
Sounds pretty gay. Not like that around here but you know that. Isn't skydive spaceland super popular in dallas/houston?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

What does it matter if you jump with anyone? Don't you get the same "experience" solo?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What does it matter if you jump with anyone? Don't you get the same "experience" solo?
Once you get a certain level of experience it isn't about the "experience" of jumping is about progressing in various disciplines. Like freefly, crew, 4 way, big way...

I don't know how to explain this to people that don't jump without going into extreme detail. You don't really learn anything jumping alone after a certain point.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
TJT TJT What would you have done? Man, if he didn't make it back, would have been messy getting smashed up against those rocks with his rig on!!!
He did exactly what you should have done under canopy. Loosen up your harness, remove as much drag as you can pull the brakes halfway and maximize glide.

He's lucky he's a pipsqueak and his entire rig/himself is only a 215 loading and he was going downwind. Otherwise he would have been fucked. Then you get out of your of the harness as you can and prepare to bail as soon as you hit the water and swim quick to avoid being trapped under the canopy in the water. Thats how you die.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sounds pretty gay. Not like that around here but you know that. Isn't skydive spaceland super popular in dallas/houston?
Sure but taking the hike of an 8 hour drive every single weekend to jump for one day gets old AF.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like