Paramotoring

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
60 minutes from round rock to sam Marcus got old lol

Which is why I think I'd love paramotor. I could take off from the closest soccer field

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Sure but taking the hike of an 8 hour drive every single weekend to jump for one day gets old AF.
Sure would be getting there a lot faster if you could paramotor... Maybe.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
All fun and games until it fails over the ocean;

I was like meh doesn’t look too bad, stay calm and aim for the beach. Worst case you gotta land 100 feet out from the beach and hope you don’t drown under yourself chute.

Then I saw him coming in hot on all those rocks and the rocks in the water and shit that could have been really bad.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was like meh doesn’t look too bad, stay calm and aim for the beach. Worst case you gotta land 100 feet out from the beach and hope you don’t drown under yourself chute.

Then I saw him coming in hot on all those rocks and the rocks in the water and shit that could have been really bad.
Just FYI for you whuffos 99.9% of Skydiving/Base/Paramotor/ETC injuries are from active user error. Not gear malfunctions or anything like that. Almost always people with tons of experience who should fucking know better too. This particular guy had the engine failure and reacted pretty much perfectly. If he was a little lower at the time or a little heavier he'd of been very screwed. I mean he could have survived just needed to escape the harness and lose the paramotor in the process. Unless you could retrieve it from the reef somehow and it would probably need some big repairs after being dunked in seawater. Arguably he should have flown higher when over water just to buffer against such an unexpected problem but shit happens.

This girl in Florida I used to jump with worked in the skydiving industry and has more than 10k jumps right? Jumped herself into being a paraplegic because she violated one of the very first things you ever learn. Which is do not turn under 100 feet when under canopy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Signed up for the February 11/12 course in Houston. Let's go!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Just FYI for you whuffos 99.9% of Skydiving/Base/Paramotor/ETC injuries are from active user error. Not gear malfunctions or anything like that. Almost always people with tons of experience who should fucking know better too. This particular guy had the engine failure and reacted pretty much perfectly. If he was a little lower at the time or a little heavier he'd of been very screwed. I mean he could have survived just needed to escape the harness and lose the paramotor in the process. Unless you could retrieve it from the reef somehow and it would probably need some big repairs after being dunked in seawater. Arguably he should have flown higher when over water just to buffer against such an unexpected problem but shit happens.

This girl in Florida I used to jump with worked in the skydiving industry and has more than 10k jumps right? Jumped herself into being a paraplegic because she violated one of the very first things you ever learn. Which is do not turn under 100 feet when under canopy.
Lawl, he called you boys whuffos. It's true tho.