Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

I love this series, i cannot explain why - its not scary but its so entertaining to watch with a couple friends and drink.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I only watched the first one and thought it was absolute shite so never bothered with any others.

This looks decent but it's Paranormal Activity so...

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This is one of my favorite movie series. They keep getting progressively worse and worse (started mediocre, even), but there is something about them I can't get enough of.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This is one of my favorite movie series. They keep getting progressively worse and worse (started mediocre, even), but there is something about them I can't get enough of.
Yeah if youre expecting a scary movie then you've not been watching tv in the last 10 years....scary doesnt exist but this is just good pure enjoyment for some reason to watch and laugh at idiots.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Idk about that trailer. Part of what made these stand out from other horror films was the unseen. Especially in the first one, you never reallysawanything, and that's what made it scary. Now it looks like any other scary movie.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I vastly prefer the Insidious movies to these.
Insidious isnt bad, i liked the first one but i happen to like the found footage technique used in this, Cloverfield, and Chronicle.

Honestly tho, there are no scary movies, so just any preference is good at this point.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I just can't stand the found footage shaky cam shit . Probably why I never really enjoyed these.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
These weren't a bad idea, just executed poorly. Demonic possession gets really corny quick, and that ruins any type of scary movie for me. People rolling their eyes and saying satanic messages in half-assed evil voices gets lame.

I just want a straight-up poltergeist haunting movie of these types. Grave Encounters was probably the closest anyone has gotten, but no cigar.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
First one was decent, everything else is trash. If you see this in the theaters it's even worse because you get the teeny boppers screaming at every little thing trying to attention whore within the theater.

Wish they'd bring back real horror films.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
These movies work for some, not for others. It's all about being able to suspend belief and getting immersed. If you start watching these with the attitude "supernatural stuff doesn't exist, this is bullshit", you will be bored and annoyed. Such is with most movies however. Not all stories have to be believable to enjoy.

If PA works for you (TOO SCARY!) you might also enjoy "The Babadook", which is more on the insane side of things. Really can recommend!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I watched The Babadook and thought it was pretty funny. I think most scary movies are funny b/c its full of people doing dumb unbelievable shit. I never watch these things in theaters tho, always at home with a drink.