Parent Thread

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
With my kids there's definitely a window and if you miss it there's hell to pay. Sticking to a schedule, developing a routine, and being consistent has all but completely removed bed time drama (I have a 2 and 4 year old).
Pretty sure I would be dead if not for the schedule. The days where we are forced off of it significantly can be pretty brutal.

Second kid just had his first tooth pop through a day or two ago. Just waiting on the girl which should be pretty soon

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm on day 9 out of 14 of being a single dad to 3 assholes. Jesus christ does this suck.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I gotta say, your little girl sounds like a smart one.

She's like 6 isn't she? Assertive little girl. Just tell her they didn't steal it, you gave it to them. Get her thinking along those lines.
She's 4 actually. But yeah, very smart, deceptively so. She has calmed down about it now but tells the story like an old vet tells war stories.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Flying for the first time with the kid this Wednesday. I'm a littler nervous on that one, the wife is a lot nervous. We downloaded some games and videos to my wifes ipad though, hopefully that will keep in occupied.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Flying for the first time with the kid this Wednesday. I'm a littler nervous on that one, the wife is a lot nervous. We downloaded some games and videos to my wifes ipad though, hopefully that will keep in occupied.
How old? Ear popping is something that can help, so get something they have to swallow (or gum if they're old enough). What time is the flight at and how long? You could give the kid a small amount of melatonin to assist in getting them to nap during the flight (but it's probably unnecessary).

Arative

Vyemm Raider
He's 20 months old. We got him some suckers for the ear popping. Its two flights, 2 and half to baltimore, then an hour and half to portland. Hes a fairly good napper, so hopefully we can get him to nap on at least one of the flights.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
He's 20 months old. We got him some suckers for the ear popping. Its two flights, 2 and half to baltimore, then an hour and half to portland. Hes a fairly good napper, so hopefully we can get him to nap on at least one of the flights.
Portland Maine, got it... was thinking "How the fuck you making it from BMore to Oregon so quickly?"...

He should be fine if they are close to naptime. He might even get wings or something from the air-waitresses.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My son just had his first airplane ride as well, at least that he would remember. My mom is taking him for 2 weeks, and he's 3 years old. My 20 month is with wife's sisters/mom about 2.5 hours away. We are kidless for the next 2 weeks or so. Omg. I still have to work but wtf am I going to do! ahhh

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On vacation this week, think I'm renaming our 14 month old "No", kid is getting into everything.

He started hugging us all the time and have to say it is pretty fuckin awesome.

Took him to the beach yesterday and he had the time of his life. Usually he's antsy and moving around a lot but he was content just playing in the sand and occasionally going to the water for 3 hours. Passed the fuck out after.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's the best... and I mean the exhaustion after doing stuff outside.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Kid made the flight ok. First 10 minutes of the 1st flight, screaming right when we boarded. I thought shit, we're those people. Calmed down and then fell asleep before take off. 2nd leg, no issues, fell asleep about 15 minutes after takeoff.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My wife made it back from a trip with her family... it was 2 weeks of me being single dad to 3 kids. I'm both relieved and disappointed. It's nice to have her home, and I'm really unsure of why she wants to be home 1/3rd the time. On the other hand, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be (though work was pretty easy and very understanding).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I took a shower today upstairs and I was in our bedroom getting dressed and I heard "daddy" from downstairs. Looked and the kid was on the first step, first time he had done this. Proceeded to fall off as my wife swooped in and caught him. I wanted to berate her for not watching him but I decided not to. Could've been worse.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I took a shower today upstairs and I was in our bedroom getting dressed and I heard "daddy" from downstairs. Looked and the kid was on the first step, first time he had done this. Proceeded to fall off as my wife swooped in and caught him. I wanted to berate her for not watching him but I decided not to. Could've been worse.
He's gonna fall, and one step isn't so bad (unless you mean he was on the top step). He's making progress too! Get a gate for the stairs
tongue.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good choice picking your battles. The fight wouldn't have changed anything, and just made for a bad night where you're pissed at each other.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
He's gonna fall, and one step isn't so bad (unless you mean he was on the top step). He's making progress too! Get a gate for the stairs
tongue.png
We have one but our stairwell doesn't fit this universal system so I need to jury rig it

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My daughter's been off her medication for a month or so now, little longer. She's started gaining weight but some of that crazy is coming back. Dr switched her to tenex. Right now the results of this medication are inconclusive. But, good news is, she just turned 6, everything's healthy, she's eating plenty.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
We have one of our kids off one of two medications for the summer to gain weight. He's eating like a champ for a change, and gaining weight, but there's no question but that the medication is a necessary thing for the school year. It isn't merely that we're frustrated with him, he gets pissed at himself because he knows he's not controlling himself, but he's not able to alter his behaviour. It's a really shitty thing to watch.