Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I really should just log on and get 100. I'm like 30% in but this league finally wore on me -- I can probably still get 40/40 but I got a lot of other shit to do outside of game. blah.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm pretty close to done myself. I've dicked about with I think literally every melee skill at this point and they are all still ass. When cyclone gets dumpster nerfed next league we'll be right back to melee being nearly unplayable. Bladestorm gets an honorable mention as being passable (especially with new helm enchants), but it's also about as much of a "melee" skill as Vortex is.

Tec slam is actually not awful, but the amount of work you have to put in to get it to B- damage is just absurd compared to just playing something like scourge arrow or nearly any spell.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I really should just log on and get 100. I'm like 30% in but this league finally wore on me -- I can probably still get 40/40 but I got a lot of other shit to do outside of game. blah.

I have 30 sets ready to go if you wanna take turns spawning or killing.

Come spawn for me. I have ~30 sets.
is this an old change or new?

The first image is from the 3.7 balance manifesto released the week before the league started. I doubt headhunter has been this common before.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Ah. Was curious since I'm thinking of Divine Ire next league for a starter and that chaos conversion chest is big for that build.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I have 30 sets ready to go if you wanna take turns spawning or killing.

Come spawn for me. I have ~30 sets.

The first image is from the 3.7 balance manifesto released the week before the league started. I doubt headhunter has been this common before.

I have 4 emblems besides the maraketh one, and ~65 splinters of maraketh. Could you spot me the difference for a run sometime today? I can pay you for the difference of the 35 splinters I'm missing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got my 36/40 a week+ ago and havent had the urge to play much/any at all since then. I started slayer cyclone and its the only thing i've played this league and didnt see much worth in trying anything else that i cant just do next league when the league mechanic is hopefully less build constraining. That goes for HH aswell, I would hope they nerf HH or something, cause it just limits build diversity even more if the best build is allways a HH one no matter what class or ascendancy it would just end up a HH build and play pretty much the same.

I also found the market this league to be pretty whack, really inflated imo.

No big complaints or anything this league just sort of fizzled out for me.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m still playing but I always stop at 24 or whatever challenges gets the first cosmetic. Then I try new builds. I’m considering trying tectonic slam after I get 90 on divine ire totems (very blah clear after ED and cyclone).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Tect is "okay" in the sense that it has acceptable damage using a ~40ex exquisite blade.

The gulf between cyclone and every other red gem is just so huge it kills any and all desire to dick around.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Tect is "okay" in the sense that it has acceptable damage using a ~40ex exquisite blade.

The gulf between cyclone and every other red gem is just so huge it kills any and all desire to dick around.

Cyclone is a green gem!

:D

• 1Worf

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider

I've done four different melee builds and they've all been good. The problem is that from time to time I'll hop on the cycloner and when I go back to another skill the difference is fucking jarring. I enjoy building and leveling characters way more than grinding 97-100 though so I've actually had a fair but of fun. I even got multistrike to not be shit on one of them. Cyclone can be and continue to be op'd as hell for all I care, being that it would'nt matter if HH and 5 way legion didn't exist.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I am still playing my flame golem build and l love it, but when a friend of mine joins me with his cyclone build I feel completely useless.
That build is just silly.

Caeden

I've done four different melee builds and they've all been good. The problem is that from time to time I'll hop on the cycloner and when I go back to another skill the difference is fucking jarring. I enjoy building and leveling characters way more than grinding 97-100 though so I've actually had a fair but of fun. I even got multistrike to not be shit on one of them. Cyclone can be and continue to be op'd as hell for all I care, being that it would'nt matter if HH and 5 way legion didn't exist.

Which one was multistrike ok on?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Got 37 last night, done with league. Getting to 37 always ends up feeling like a slog, so I'm trying to be objective here. I usually take 6-7 weeks to get 37 but it was closer to 8 this time. There was definitely a lot of new shit to try, so I'm going to rate this league pretty high on the entertainment factor. I think I rolled close to 10 characters. Note, "roll" in some cases means getting to BA and deciding the mechanic sucks.

Challenges were VERY well done this league, I really hope this trend continues. I bought none of the challenges except for 1 strongbox. And I eventually could have gotten that via scarabs and zana mods, so I don't view that as a bad challenge, just me being impatient since I was almost done.

The major downside to Legion was that it shown a spotlight on build competitiveness. Before this league, if you wanted to play your shit build, you could, you would just be slower. I mean, I heard some complaints from people playing slower builds in Incursion, but uh, gitgud. With Legion, you're actively missing out on drops per map(instead of drops per hour) if you don't play a build that can pop most of the legion. And even if you didn't realize this, your brain did. It's probably what drove me back to ED/Contagion, definitely not playing that for a while.

I won't go indepth on the stupidity HH and 5 emblem fights, that's already been covered. I'll only add that SOMETHING is restricting design space and that needs to be fixed. Is HH a cool item that should be in the game? I guess? I've never used one and the price tag is a huge fucking disincentive, even before this league. It's really hard to sympathize with people that can afford this item when it's obvious the item is problematic.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Separate post on purpose because other one was too big.

I have 7ex and ~100c in currency leftover. I also have a decently well geared physical cyclone slayer(AhShit|HereWeGoAgain) and an extremely well geared ED/Contagion guardian(StopMeBeforeIReroll). If anyone wants the currency or gear, let me know.

The ED/Contagion character might not exist according to LachiusTZ LachiusTZ

I would recommend trying out mana guardian before they nerf him. I died maybe 2 times to juiced up T16 legions? And if you pop vaal RF during legion popping, one ED will clear the whole thing. You just have to fight spacing issues and the fact that dots are inactive after a certain distance away from you. I probably should have eldered Glacier instead of City Square. Despite being quite open, the geometry and shield walls still got in the way of ED chaining.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Triple post! This deserves its own post though.

They REALLY need to unfuck multistrike. Years of muscle memory have conditioned players to holding down "move" and interrupting it with multistrike. Now that these two can interrupt each other, the support is essentially broken. Multistrike is required for many melee skills as it does a crucial job of damage spreading via its random targeting much faster than any player can manage.

Also, I think they nerfed the more attack speed because you can animation cancel it now? IDK, but ~4 APS melee skills feel like trash. I was revising my BLS build and before 3.7, I was really trying to stay above 8 APS because it felt good. Can't get above half that now. If you aren't cyclone, berserker almost feels required.

FIX IT. Seriously.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I could use the currency or any cyclone slayer stuff. I think I'm one of the few people still playing.

LastTryBeforeGivingUp is my slayer. Been playing some more the last few days. Had Apex to lvl 3 last night. No luck on headhunter lol.

Caeden

Separate post on purpose because other one was too big.

I have 7ex and ~100c in currency leftover. I also have a decently well geared physical cyclone slayer(AhShit|HereWeGoAgain) and an extremely well geared ED/Contagion guardian(StopMeBeforeIReroll). If anyone wants the currency or gear, let me know.

The ED/Contagion character might not exist according to LachiusTZ LachiusTZ

I would recommend trying out mana guardian before they nerf him. I died maybe 2 times to juiced up T16 legions? And if you pop vaal RF during legion popping, one ED will clear the whole thing. You just have to fight spacing issues and the fact that dots are inactive after a certain distance away from you. I probably should have eldered Glacier instead of City Square. Despite being quite open, the geometry and shield walls still got in the way of ED chaining.

I hate ED/cont. but I want to try a mana guardian. Looks like most other builds are RF. Almost have to have something requiring little tree investment.