Path of Exile

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Ok explain the tower game to me. I click on the pump. It runs out and I follow it on the mini map and click on a few towers. I stand there and spam my attack as I really only try the 1 tendril one. I never see anything come out. I just stand there spamming and upgrade the towers when I can. It's about 50/50 I get a message complete and can loot the chest, or I get a message pump was destroyed. But I never see anything at the pump or anywhere else for that matter. I must not be hitting anything either because I have life leach and mana leach and my mana goes slowly down and I have to use the flask. I never die, just stand there spamming for a minute or two until I get the message I won or lost.

I was going to watch someone streaming do it but they just bypass it or run the blight maps and some of those look like someone puked over the screen heh.

You on a potato? Seems like you aren't seen stuff load in.

Watch a YouTube to see what it's supposed to be like.

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You on a potato? Seems like you aren't seen stuff load in.

Watch a YouTube to see what it's supposed to be like.

i7 with a 1080 (non ti). I just don't see anything. I see the path on the ground or mini map never any monsters to kill. Not gonna worry about it and maybe keep leveling. Whole concept seems kinda dumb to me. I don't take any damage either during a blight.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm pretty sure you are just killing them as they spawn out the portals.

Do you play with map overlay on? You can see the routes and red enemy icons marching along it.

Or on the minimap like this:

1568326827288.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Might be a bug with textures, cache or whatever else that makes them invisible? You can't not see them otherwise, they literally just walk down the lanes in packs of 60 one after the other if you're not killing them. And at low lvl there should be no way you're farming them at the portal as they spawn witout an issue(well for most builds, unless you're lvling on a 6L tabula from the start or some shit).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
i7 with a 1080 (non ti). I just don't see anything. I see the path on the ground or mini map never any monsters to kill. Not gonna worry about it and maybe keep leveling. Whole concept seems kinda dumb to me. I don't take any damage either during a blight.

Weird. I have a shit old PC from 2011 with a gtx 970 and have had no issues.

I'm still leveling too but enjoying the blights a lot, and I dont even do TD games. Totems and all fireball towers wreck shit at low level.

• 1Repost
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

I switched out cobra lash for pestilent strike and I can see monsters. Not sure why cobra strike covers them up cause cobra strike is just projectiles going out.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not sure about everyone else, but for the most part the blight encounters in maps feels about right. One exception is the ape boss (I think it is) is almost undoable at times. He will spawn when you only have t2 towers and just rush to your pump and game over. I'm probably about 80-85% success rate on doing them personally. Blight maps I am 0% those things are just ridiculous. I'm lvl 91 with a list damage of 60k or so and even tier 4 blighted maps are kicking my ass.

Anyone else have different take on them?

Then again.. I could just suck

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

It's also worth mentioning that the new Ice Shatter sound has received some changes, and we're planning to include them in 3.8.1 as well. While we're not going to restore the old sound (as it had some significant technical issues), the new one has been significantly improved from the version that shipped in 3.8.0.

Fucking hell. :mad:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I mean this is nothing special at this point, but thought I'd show off this build with like maybe 10ex? worth of gear. It's a wrecking ball for sure.

• 1Like

Borzak

I've nver bought MTX, never wanted to buy MTX. If they had a MTX for cobra lash (I haven't looked if they do or not) I would buy it. Does't even look like I'm attacking or doing much. Just projectiles going out in different directions. Pretty bland.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Not sure about everyone else, but for the most part the blight encounters in maps feels about right. One exception is the ape boss (I think it is) is almost undoable at times. He will spawn when you only have t2 towers and just rush to your pump and game over. I'm probably about 80-85% success rate on doing them personally. Blight maps I am 0% those things are just ridiculous. I'm lvl 91 with a list damage of 60k or so and even tier 4 blighted maps are kicking my ass.

Anyone else have different take on them?

Then again.. I could just suck

I actually resemble this. I am level 88, and my tool-tip DPS caps out at around 90 k with everything running. I am pretty much 100% on blight IN maps unless you get one of those branches that spawns on top of the pump before you take note of it, which happens to me occasionally. But Blight maps? Yeah, I am saving them for the level 30 NEcro I will level once I get a good chunk of my Atlas done.

Speaking of Atlas - playing SSF and I have up to T5 completed and have a smattering of T6-T9......and I am already level 88. I should be 90 long before I ever see a red map, or fill out more than maybe 2 more tiers. Seems faster than usual, even during Synthesis when I was deep level 70s before even finishing the acts.

Caliane

happens with these league events, each is getting more and more loot/exp. This one is pretty crazy with it. I'm WAY over leveled then normal as well. 76 and just got kitava kill.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Blight seems like a step down in terms of loot however.

Maybe that's good in terms of overall economy, the game feels a bit too easy in terms of progression. But you should want to do the league mechanic as opposed to just more maps.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like i've mentioned before i played totem hiero first and coc magma orb deadeye currently and regular map blight do seem pretty balanced to a tad too easy if you dont have a boss. Blight Bosses are mostly misses for me so far though and theres no way i bring them down unless i get a little bit lucky and can strand them somehow so i can spend 2 minutes on just the boss. I do have more room to grow my dps but it feels like you would need very, very overpowered dps to be able to do a boss with minimal amount of or no turrets.

I agree that currency seems harder to get this league than last few.

Also did they patch the resonator drops. I'm getting 1 and 2 sockets now. Was only getting 3 sockets before practically.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Blight seems like a step down in terms of loot however.

Maybe that's good in terms of overall economy, the game feels a bit too easy in terms of progression. But you should want to do the league mechanic as opposed to just more maps.

The loot is a step down from legion, but I think overall I think blight loot is better distributed. It's gated around blight maps, which are collectable/buyable. You can get insane loot from them, and after the next patch sounds like even more.

I think 4.0 is going to be the "reset" button on progression related things. I think this league, and legion have been more candy leagues to have fun for the casuals, before the whole thing gets reset.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I’d rather have legion loot levels if I could choose. I did a lot of crafting and played many different builds in legion because I didn’t have to grind with infinite efficiency to get somewhere. Having good items drop was also way fucking better than everything being shit all the time. The league is only three months long, I don’t want to play less builds because nothing ever drops, I want to craft some gear, sell some gear and buy some gear to chase after interesting skills or go ham min/maxing something I’m having fun with. I don’t like blight mainly because the mechanic is entirely uninteresting to me but it’s also demotivating to move from legion ,”who knows what might drop,” to gonna get some jewelers and transmutes every map.

• 1Like