Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
"You can now spawn Atlas influence in a Region that had already spawned that same influence in the previous 'cycle'. "

Guess that was a bug? Probably why some took 100s of maps to spawn awakener.

I'm sure that was my bug.

Finding this bug ...
"Fixed a client crash that could occur when Frost Bomb was cast by a monster on top of a Mine with the Void Emperor Mine Effect microtransaction applied to it "

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
trying to get a life based int-stacking HOWA charged dash build working using stitched demon for next league. I really like the way charged dash feels for map clearing, esp when you get high attackspeed/movement speed going.

this is preliminary, I didnt want to go nuts on the gear for now. the custom 'jewel' i made is a glorious vanity doryanis which gives you 20% of your life as extra ES, synergizes great with stitched demon. should be under an ex for that jewel .

trying to up the damage as it seems low, any thoughts? ultimately i'll get an exploding chest or something but trying to keep a max budget of 10ex as thats the most i'll have the first couple weeks most likely.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone tried a Void Battery Badge of the Brother Assassin this league? I'm curious of the squishyness of the build and minimum amount of currency to get it functional. I played a BV version last league and that just does not seem like a good idea this league.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Claimed the new twitch prime loot and logged into the game to check it out. While there i decided to waste my currency on crafting a foil.

After like 100c worth of jagged fossils i had t1 flat phys and t2 hybrid phys+accuracy.
Its probably not the smartest way but i was trying to waste it so... then i spent 20ex slamming and protecting prefix+scour until i managed to hit t2 attack speed. It divines between 500ish to 590 phys dps, seems to be worth 90ex or so just lookin at 550+ dps foils. Its like a 10% damage increase to me over a 18ish ex paradoxica that also blinds. You'd actually need to hit something crazy to be much better than paradoxica so i don't really understand why it's potentionally worth that much. bonus upside i spose is you leap slam faster

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I tried that Facebreaker cyclone build on a champ. Decent enough but tiny AE got annoying. Could be okay as a starter if you dont mind small AoE cyclone.

Hoping they dont nerf spectre/necro too much cause I dunno what else to start as. Maybe some sort of fire totem chieftain (a fire-type arrow or blast rain totem?)

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm probably sitting out next league. I've got some home stuff to do, and I'm wanting to work on my car some (mustang...5.0...i'm a fucking redneck remember...). I have a stack of PS4 games my wife got me for christmas. I almost never touch a console anymore, but she got me several i want to play. I've accomplished all the goals I had for the new non-league content (meaning farming up awakener 8) and the only build that excites me right now is the same one I've played two leagues in a row (seriously, VD-COC assassin is like injecting heroin while your wife helps 2004 era jenna haze suck you off). I also suspect the rest of the new end-game will debut with POE2.

IF and a huge IF I decide to play, I'm going to take Kyth's advice and fall back on ED/Cont starter (for like the 5th time...). I had planned to do vortex.

I got a few more things I'm going to do tomorrow, then I'm probably handing most of my currency to my IRL buddy so he can knock some shit out. Though...been VERY tempted to at least kick the tires on an impale or bleed bow build. At least to yellow maps. Though, I'm wanting to do it with arrow nova and I'm wondering if that's just too much opportunity cost.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm playing HoAg Jugg and it's going to be my starter for sure. Very tanky and fast to level, in fact I did the story in sub 4 hours (with Goldrim and Tabula) deathless. I like this build the most of all I've played this league, you just get cyclone at 28 get a couple of claws and it's very fun to shoot through the acts and the game.

There's lots of variants but I've opted for 2x cold iron points and a kaoms, but you can use a saffrells shield etc if you want extra tanky. Might even be able to do something with a loreweave or belly or whatever and get some kind of cast while channelling in the mix.

It's very much like the old HoAg pathfinder build as it's very cheap and cheerful and can really go places in just a tabula or corrupt 6l (Red maps +).

Its unconventional but it works very well.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm playing HoAg Jugg and it's going to be my starter for sure. Very tanky and fast to level, in fact I did the story in sub 4 hours (with Goldrim and Tabula) deathless. I like this build the most of all I've played this league, you just get cyclone at 28 get a couple of claws and it's very fun to shoot through the acts and the game.

There's lots of variants but I've opted for 2x cold iron points and a kaoms, but you can use a saffrells shield etc if you want extra tanky. Might even be able to do something with a loreweave or belly or whatever and get some kind of cast while channelling in the mix.

It's very much like the old HoAg pathfinder build as it's very cheap and cheerful and can really go places in just a tabula or corrupt 6l (Red maps +).

Did you follow a build guide? If so, can you link it?

I was looking at various cyclone builds for next league, but for sure want one that is less prone to death than my current builds.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Did you follow a build guide? If so, can you link it?

I was looking at various cyclone builds for next league, but for sure want one that is less prone to death than my current builds.

There's 2 different builds on the boards in the Marauder section, they have pretty much the same passives, just taking str, life, soul of steel etc. The gears what changes the build, either 2x cold irons or shield and claw etc. It's very open to options with gear as you can add circle of nostalgias etc.

It's very smooth to play, probably one of the smoothest build I've played. Definitely a top-notch starter, it's also a good hardcore starter but no good for ssf as you do want to get a cold iron point or two for it to raise the crawler 3/6 levels. The crawlers mental at level 29, it obliterates damn near everything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm probably sitting out next league. I've got some home stuff to do, and I'm wanting to work on my car some (mustang...5.0...i'm a fucking redneck remember...). I have a stack of PS4 games my wife got me for christmas. I almost never touch a console anymore, but she got me several i want to play. I've accomplished all the goals I had for the new non-league content (meaning farming up awakener 8) and the only build that excites me right now is the same one I've played two leagues in a row (seriously, VD-COC assassin is like injecting heroin while your wife helps 2004 era jenna haze suck you off). I also suspect the rest of the new end-game will debut with POE2.

IF and a huge IF I decide to play, I'm going to take Kyth's advice and fall back on ED/Cont starter (for like the 5th time...). I had planned to do vortex.

I got a few more things I'm going to do tomorrow, then I'm probably handing most of my currency to my IRL buddy so he can knock some shit out. Though...been VERY tempted to at least kick the tires on an impale or bleed bow build. At least to yellow maps. Though, I'm wanting to do it with arrow nova and I'm wondering if that's just too much opportunity cost.
Your wife sucks dick so good that it turns your vision into a pixelated single digit fps mess?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Leveling time usually isn't a great yardstick since you don't care about killing stragglers, just moving as fast as you can.

How does the retarded hoag fair at clearing maps? I found him slow if you don't have pops and still dumb even if you do.

• 1Worf

Caeden

Someone recommend me a final build. I’ve blown up the endgame enough and don’t care about 36 challenges.

Leaning ice shot deadeye. Budget is 12ex and about 700c. That should cover most any build at least to mid red maps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Orb of storms and storm brand assassin with void batteries and badge of the brotherhood.

Ice shot is fun for clear, wasn't enthused about single target.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Leveling time usually isn't a great yardstick since you don't care about killing stragglers, just moving as fast as you can.

How does the retarded hoag fair at clearing maps? I found him slow if you don't have pops and still dumb even if you do.

The crawler is dumb, that I have noticed, and he gets stuck from time to time. But it's pretty enjoyable for clearing as it one shots packs. I mean it's not going to be the fastest build ever as it's a jugg playing a minion, but it has no trouble with t16s and I've done a couple of elders which it done easily. The best thing about it is that is' tanky, tanking end game metamorphs really isn't an issue with jugg ascendancies.

Is that HoAg mana guardian build viable as a starter? That or the jugg could be good

Mana guards not good as a starter as you tend to need hat, jewels and for HoAg you'll need an off colour vaal regalia or high ES chest, that's going to be hard to get until you get a syndicate white socket bench and a skin will be expensive, very expensive.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Caeden

Orb of storms and storm brand assassin with void batteries and badge of the brotherhood.

Ice shot is fun for clear, wasn't enthused about single target.

Got a rough pob? Thought about bv too.

Though I really want to do a bow build. Also badge will destroy my meager budget!

Last edited: