Path of Exile

Terial

Trakanon Raider
well, i guess what i mean is there are recipes that require different items of the same name but all different 'ranks'
for example let's take a 'Gilded Axe' there are 5 different types:
Normal
magic -identified
rare-identified
magic -not identified
rare - not identified

so now i'm hoarding Gilded axes in the hopes of getting 3 of these of different types to vendor. a normal, magic-id, rare-id, or a normal, magic non-id, rare-non-id
then there is the full sets to hoard for vendor all of the same name, in both identified sets and non identified sets in rares only
then there is the all rare that just take up slots that are not of the same name...

so you can see, that if i keep this up, eventually i'm hoarding a ton of shit and trust me, my inventory is extremely organized, even alphabetized for items and item locations, it's OCD nutso over here lol

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep that's vendor recipes. Just ignore them for now. Seriously there are far to many combinations to be worth your time (and you would need 50 tabs to manage it all anyway).

Besides that many vendor recipes have ilvl requirements which makes your job more tedious. Just don't worry about them for now. They are a nice option for ultra hardcore eye-bleeding min/maxers but TOTALLY ignor-able for everyone else.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
can someone explain to me why this by iteself creates an Augment orb?
rrr_img_56594.jpg

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Thanks Ven, i was unaware of the 6 affix trade in option, did not even occur to me. Kept it for now, not sure what to do with it yet.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks Ven, i was unaware of the 6 affix trade in option, did not even occur to me. Kept it for now, not sure what to do with it yet.
Sell it. Ideal leveling gear is a Goldrim unique if you can get one or a helm with some IIQ or IIR + resist/HP on it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I may be too much of a pack rat, but in general here is what I hold on to in my stash for future characters:

amulets and rings: anything rare or unique, they're only 1 slot big, so why not?

any rare piece of armor with both HP and 1 or more +resist %
or
any rare piece of armor that is 4-linked or more

piece specific:
any rare boots with +runspeed. I don't keep ANY boots if they don't have runspeed on them
any rare gloves with a double-digit +attack speed % or a really high additional physical/elemental damage roll
any rare shield with the innate +24% to all resists

Between all of that, I have roughly 2 stash tabs allocated per armor slot, and that seems to be plenty of room since I'm constantly losing gear when I die in Nemesis. I would imagine if you're playing in Normal mode, you'd end up with WAY too much shit since you never lose any of it.

khalid

Unelected Mod
So whats up with loot rarity in this game.

My friend and I have been running maps constantly for several days now. I am 80 and he is 82 and we have been running maps together since 66ish. We haven't seen a SINGLE, not even one, 5-link or more drop, of any color combination on any item. We have been following the maps guide linked, sinking all kinds of chaos orbs, chisels and orbs of alchemy into our 70+ maps to make them rare and high-mob maps. Our highest map we have gotten to drop is a 73, which we haven't ran yet. He runs an item-rarity gem and I give him the kills on bosses. Our combined highlvl currency drops in grouped maps are 2 GCD's and 2 exalted orbs (we rotate any currency above chaos).

Someone said earlier that this game has the most bullshit item drop ever. I didn't really believe that at the time, but I am starting to believe it now. Am I expecting too much? I don't know. With never having seen even a single 5L or 6L, the odds we would find one that we can use seems 0 at this point. It isn't as if the number of fusings we have seen is crazy either. I certainly don't have anything approaching the hundreds needed to make one of my own.

Krag

Peasant
5/6 linked items are just that rare, I've never found either, including beta. You probably don't need hundreds of fusings if you are ok with settling for a 5-linked item though

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
There was also a patch a while back that gave an increase chance to get high sockets or links through currency if your item has higher quality, so before dropping 100 fusings on an item, make sure to bring it to 20% quality first. Still an extremely small chance either way.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I'm at a crossroads with this game. On the onehand the one week race and I'm sure the start of a new four month league when the economies are new and everyone is motivated are really compelling. On the other playing it as a solo character in merciless this close to the end of a league feels dangerously like Diablo III. By the time I was in my late 50s the chances of me ever getting an upgrade that dropped disappeared. I spent my time setting up a shop and bartering. I'm to the end of act 3 but there really isn't any motivation to kill Dominus, and when I join parties my ping goes from 40ish to around 200, which combined with desync seems like a death sentence. Aside from the Weaver and that bitch chaos damage exile nothing in merciless has been remotely difficult.

Anyway, I guess it will be fun to do the one week race and play a new char when the new league starts. Maybe I'm missing something but if you're not an altaholic the endgame portion of POE seems pretty lacking.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm at a crossroads with this game. On the onehand the one week race and I'm sure the start of a new four month league when the economies are new and everyone is motivated are really compelling. On the other playing it as a solo character in merciless this close to the end of a league feels dangerously like Diablo III. By the time I was in my late 50s the chances of me ever getting an upgrade that dropped disappeared. I spent my time setting up a shop and bartering. I'm to the end of act 3 but there really isn't any motivation to kill Dominus, and when I join parties my ping goes from 40ish to around 200, which combined with desync seems like a death sentence. Aside from the Weaver and that bitch chaos damage exile nothing in merciless has been remotely difficult.

Anyway, I guess it will be fun to do the one week race and play a new char when the new league starts. Maybe I'm missing something but if you're not an altaholic the endgame portion of POE seems pretty lacking.
Eh, you're complaining about lack of challenge but haven't even mentioned maps. You know about maps, right?

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I guess I will try soloing maps. I was going to group them but like I said both public groups I joined had huge latency jumps. 200 ping + desync is bad juju.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

You are playing Nemesis difficulty and in Merciless and nothing has been difficult yet?

confused.png
rolleyes.png

Edit: Oh wait this isn't your first character so that makes sense.

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
I guess I will try soloing maps. I was going to group them but like I said both public groups I joined had huge latency jumps. 200 ping + desync is bad juju.
I've got to 85 on Nemesis just from soloing maps (up until this week I've had a wood PC that can't handle groups at all) - at this point though it becomes super expensive to do solo. Have a new PC so gonna start grouping just for cheapness (big downside to grouping is you aren't building your own map pool) - especially as I completely obliterated my 73 map base with a string of bad luck (am now stuck with mostly 70/71s which give 2% xp per run if I'm lucky, ugh).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I'm on act 3 merciless now (domination league) and I feel lost. I made it to General Gravicus and was grouped up and some dude ragequit due to my gear. My dps is 714 at the moment, and this guy apparently was around 6k. The problem is, I have no idea what gear is even good still, much less where to get it. I'm doing the marauder ground slambuildand I was good up until about 50 when I had Geofri's Baptism. But now I just suck.

The loot in this game just absolutely baffles me. I'm sure I've probably vendored tons of valuable shit, just because everything looks the same. I sometimes won't even loot rare items because I feel like it's just a waste of a scroll of wisdom to find out that I don't even know what stats I'm looking for.

Anyone able to post a guide? Or is it just something you pick up eventually? And what about finding gear? With the retarded amount of possible stat combinations, it seems like finding an upgrade is pretty much non-existent.

Musketoon_sl

shitlord
I'm not the best player in the world or anything, but I made a small game play video on my spec. I am level 80 on domination. My spec is based around being average tank with average offense, but large lifesteal. Also a key point is that it doesn't use mana and it can't miss (so you dont have to gear for accuracy or mana items). It also doesn't require any specific items except maybe a carnage heart. It also doesn't require a 5 or 6 link but as you probably realize, having either of those would boost the dps by a huge amount. This spec easily beats merciless, farms any map that I've come across. The idea is that you eliminate many of the gearing concepts and load items with highest versions of the few stats you need. Life/armor/resists/evasion/dps. My stats sit somewhere around: 4k hp, 12k dps, 50% armor, 25% evade, 55% block, 75% all resist and -5% chaos resist. I use infernal blow and double strike, though you can really pick what fits you best. Sometimes I even get bored and swap skills around. Yes, I am still using a 4L chest and no unique over 15-20 chaos. Use poe.xyz.is to find items for cheap that fit the exact stats you need. Try to buy items with +hp and TWO resists instead of 3 resists.
Link to passive tree:http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...L3vvjr-6r-jw==
Video:

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So I'm on act 3 merciless now (domination league) and I feel lost. I made it to General Gravicus and was grouped up and some dude ragequit due to my gear. My dps is 714 at the moment, and this guy apparently was around 6k. The problem is, I have no idea what gear is even good still, much less where to get it. I'm doing the marauder ground slambuildand I was good up until about 50 when I had Geofri's Baptism. But now I just suck.

The loot in this game just absolutely baffles me. I'm sure I've probably vendored tons of valuable shit, just because everything looks the same. I sometimes won't even loot rare items because I feel like it's just a waste of a scroll of wisdom to find out that I don't even know what stats I'm looking for.

Anyone able to post a guide? Or is it just something you pick up eventually? And what about finding gear? With the retarded amount of possible stat combinations, it seems like finding an upgrade is pretty much non-existent.
Your DPS is going to be mostly your weapon + support gem choice. What are you using?

Ideally you probably want a 2h mace with a BIG +%physical damage roll, then support your ground slam with an added fire gem (+fire as a % of physical damage) Make sure you support that with a belt that is the innate +physical damage mod(Rustic type I think) for another +20-25% to physical damage. You basically want to build that base physical damage as high as you can, and then support stuff that adds elemental damage that is a % of physical.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I only have 750dps as a RoA ranger in act3 merciless also, right after the Graviticus quest. I took all my HP nodes first for survival and my dps was plenty high enough to kill him and clear everything up to this point. Wanted to backend up dps nodes to make leveling in maps more entertaining.

If the guy has 6k dps, he should have killed the General in 5 seconds, not sure why he would rage about your dps not being that great. Was he super squishy?