Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm looking forward to a new atlas. I feel this map progression is worse, minus times that maps just didn't drop, than the uber elder bubble hassle days.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't think it's a new atlas at all. It's gonna be a build your own league content type of thing where you can slot in abyss/breach/whatever and juice up the particular kind of old league content you want.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't have time thanks to work, should have more time for the next league though. I couldn't play the last couple leagues at all as a matter of fact, so have a PoE itch built up

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh old league mechanics, nice, I can finally do my favorite old league content to farm lots of currency, can't wait to do Essences.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have an inkling we're gonna be farming 1 of each breach, harvest, abyss and delve fragment to fight the new uber boss.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
If they did anything remotely like Leaguestones I would actually come back and play. A part of me still wants to, which is why I still occasionally read this thread.........

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
If they did anything remotely like Leaguestones I would actually come back and play. A part of me still wants to, which is why I still occasionally read this thread.........

Man, if they include syndicate, metamorph, harvest, and delve leaguestones it would be awesome. We could actually choose what content we wanted to farm from all of the bloat and focus on the things we enjoy.

Which means it wont happen. All of the old leagues will have stones and the new shit will be gated by scarabs like in the past. Cannot just let players choose from among all the bloat; that would be too much fun.

• 1Solidarity

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I don't think it's a new atlas at all. It's gonna be a build your own league content type of thing where you can slot in abyss/breach/whatever and juice up the particular kind of old league content you want.
It's my understanding that this league is supposed to include an atlas change and a league mechanic. Granted, I'm sure it'll be something small like when they added elder influence but one can hope.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some interesting posts from Bex:

I'm playing in the Flashback event because I wanted to try out Wintertide Brand(it's decent with Holy Conquest, aids without). I'm ignoring Heist. They cannot make it rewarding enough for me to want to relevel, regear, and requestline all of that content again in such a short event. Now, perhaps proximity to 3.12 is something to consider, I don't really have a recent event to compare this too. Synthesis flashback was so long ago. And nearly OG WOrb...so why the fuck not?

I'm having trouble imagining how they are going to integrate without neutering it and making it accessible at the same time. FWIW, for example, Delirium is NOT suitably integrated. The Delirium mirror in maps suitably integrated, it's fun once in a while. Cluster jewels, have fun getting those when it's not a Zana mod or broken Harvest crafting. I didn't do one Simulacrum during Heist. Only attempted one in Harvest because it was a challenge. Aura stackers dominating the end game meta. Fractured delirious map farming. I would not call that well integrated content. If we end up with Heist going core because some fucking pussies don't want to post their opinion on reddit and we end up with fractured blueprints bottoming the currency market... :mad:

Heist *can* go core. There's just a ton they need to fix in order to do so. And I worry them listening to some special snowflakes emailing them plus fallacious engagement metrics is going to lead to half assed integration. I would love to be wrong!

Why are the engagement metrics fallacious? PoE essentially has a years-long ARPG monopoly. Plus a whole lot of people staying at home. I don't know how you would normalize the data such that you could compare it to other leagues like they say they are doing as justification for it going core, but you should be at the very least suspicious of it.

<---------This special snowflake didn't post on reddit either. But for other reasons.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No reason to expect it'll be any better than Betrayal was when it went core. They'll tweak the crew leveling a bit, touch almost nothing else, and it'll be aids for a league until it gets further adjusted. I fully expect the alternate gems to be just as much of a pain in the ass as clusters are currently.

As someone who liked Heist more than the average internet shitposter I'm pretty surprised how little I care about it in flashback. First time I went in to a demolition one and had to stand there twiddling my thumbs for 15 seconds while Tibbs sorted his shit out I was just done. And with the current balance they have in heist I don't even know why the crew or doors even exist anymore heh. Alert means basically nothing, doors are just random time gates for no reason, the whole system just feels so weird now and out of place.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Make blueprints drop, no merc leveling, no revealing, no normal heists, every merc leveled up. Done. Done fucking deal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Make blueprints drop, no merc leveling, no revealing, no normal heists, every merc leveled up. Done. Done fucking deal.

See, this makes too much sense. It gets rid of the tedium and leaves the meat of the mechanic. But when has that ever been the route that GGG takes? They seem to think that accessing the fun part of content needs to be painful and slow.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
See, this makes too much sense. It gets rid of the tedium and leaves the meat of the mechanic. But when has that ever been the route that GGG takes? They seem to think that accessing the fun part of content needs to be painful and slow.
They are just old school MMO developers

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
They are just old school MMO developers
I just don't get why they seem to care about in-league customer retention vs league-over-league customer retention. The latter seems more likely to feed MTX sales then the former. Gotta get that whale money, though, so I guess the whales loved Heist.

• 2Like