Path of Exile

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
My version was CI and not LL though.

Benefits that i can remember influencing my decision being:

ES on block shield with much more ES aswell and perhaps some damage mod
chaos immune so less resist pressure
Less socket pressure too without 3 extra auras in the shield (i found the socket pressure was pretty hard even as CI)
can get a +1/+1 int/cold level necklace so the damage isn't too hampered (instead of chayula neck)
with rare chest i could get ailment immunity

in essence easier to gear and more defense imo.

I just saw a vid related to this the other day. No idea if it treads some of the same ground you've already gone over, but it might be helpful.

Check it out:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I just saw a vid related to this the other day. No idea if it treads some of the same ground you've already gone over, but it might be helpful.

Check it out:

Vortex is easy and fun but if youre doing it for the first time, go Trickster. Go ele bloom for the second to get everything settled in your head.

6500 es is perfectly fine for any of the subclasses. Getting 6700 es is easy and not too pricey if you play enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Why were you playing previously?
Because I enjoy playing the game. I've never been tempted to do 36 before. I even missed 24 in harvest I believe. I hate most of the challenges and feel that their entire system needs to be revisited. I'd love for them to remove the free/generic challenges and have them only be league related.

Delve to 6k and maybe getting a mirror faster than the end of week 1 are my game goals left. The problem with delving to that point is it's a completely different playstyle and I haven't spent the hundreds of hours to get it down. Speeding up my mirror generation will be easier.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm just fucking around. Challenges are a convenient(but not nearly the only) way to quit the league once you've putzed around with all the builds you want to try.

That said, I've got very little lined up for this league. Hope they tweak enough shit to reveal some new builds.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
trinity
Could someone explain Triality a little if they have a bead on it?
do you mean Trinity support?

Deal A elemental damage, get "resonance" for B and C then cast B or C to build up the missing A "resonance". Because it counts the lowest "resonance" value to determine the amount of damage it gives you need to deal 2 different kinds of elemental damage to fill up all 3 "resonances".

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Could someone explain Triality a little if they have a bead on it?
So you use Fire like Scorching Ray. This builds up Resonance of Cold/Lightning. These stacks then give MORE damage to Cold/Lightning as well as elemental penetration. Keep using fire ever so often to keep resonance stacks up.

Basically it wants you to rotate between at least two elements. It's like a less harmful Elemental Equilibirum with no downside to the initial elemental. Do damage with A, get bonuses for B and C. You don't expend resonance either, but it decays fairly fast at a rate of 5 per second while you can gain it at 25 per 2 seconds.

The fact it needs to be linked with the other spells is a bit wonky, but it's like if elemental equilibrium and infused channeling had a baby.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah...guess I'll do 36 or try to this league. I get bored of doing the things to get the challenges usually.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So you use Fire like Scorching Ray. This builds up Resonance of Cold/Lightning. These stacks then give MORE damage to Cold/Lightning as well as elemental penetration. Keep using fire ever so often to keep resonance stacks up.

Basically it wants you to rotate between at least two elements. It's like a less harmful Elemental Equilibirum with no downside to the initial elemental. Do damage with A, get bonuses for B and C. You don't expend resonance either, but it decays fairly fast at a rate of 5 per second while you can gain it at 25 per 2 seconds.

The fact it needs to be linked with the other spells is a bit wonky, but it's like if elemental equilibrium and infused channeling had a baby.
Just to point out, it won't work for Scorching Ray because it doesn't hit.

My goal this league is try to make an Archmage Ignite build based purely on lightning damage so the clear doesn't suck. I've been fucking around in PoB and can't come up with anything satisfactory. I feel like I'm close with Penance Brand but 3.5s single target before the ignite is even applies is shitty. Anyone else have luck with this kind of build? I haven't found anything on poe.ninja.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They normally suck dick.

They do but generally you'll get a fair bit just playing, then a few you can farm for a few hours to finish, and everything else you can liquidate your currency to just buy them(if you're SSF you migrate first), and then you're done with the league. If you want to keep playing well I guess you just use currency slowly to buy stuff without impeding your progress and you eventually get it too.

But at least when I do challenges, it's all about paying some retard 3ex to do some stupid shit you can't be bothered with and getting it done in 5mins instead.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't had to buy challenges directly in at least a few leagues. But Pyros is otherwise correct. You get to 28-32 just by progressing to A8. You get the rest by spending an hour analyzing the remaining and see it would take you 5-10 hours of playtime and then you're done with the league. Or you roll a new character and save those 5-10 hours for later.

Harvest was 20ex on Winged Scarabs. Fuck the idiot that designed that challenge. Heist was 7ex on markers for revealing wings and rooms. I can't remember when I last had to pay some dude to scratch his nuts while saying the Last of Us 2 was a good game and not getting hit by Sirus' quad beam. That bullshit has been avoidable recently.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah maybe I know I paid people to do even not too hard stuff just so I didn't have to bother, like killing that boss while imitating a monkey riding a bike and all these shits. There's also buying uniques or whatever the fuck they usually have, this kind of stuff, but usually you can get a lot of the stuff done with just money if you're done with the league and just want your challenges done. It's not that bad, although I'm somewhat biased since I'll play a lot when I'm into the league so I get a fair bit of them done naturally, while someone who plays more casually might take a lot longer(and lose interest in the process).

Don't know if I'll play this league, although some things look interesting. I think I'll decide when I see the patch notes, see if there's interesting elementalist or necro stuff to do.

• 1Worf

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, I usually get about 30 challenges just fucking around. Then I read the one that requires you to kill the boss facing west, while having a turquoise butt plug in, and listening to Mr. Rogers sing backwards while using COC resolute technique and I just say fuck this.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If the Scorching Ray rework is good, I'm probably going to play Righteous Fire/Scorching Ray. I don't even care how slow it is, it is my favorite build in any ARPG ever.

The only time I've ever used Scorching Ray in this game is in Hall of the Grandmasters using a Balefire. I'd love to play a good build with it.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Just to point out, it won't work for Scorching Ray because it doesn't hit.

My goal this league is try to make an Archmage Ignite build based purely on lightning damage so the clear doesn't suck. I've been fucking around in PoB and can't come up with anything satisfactory. I feel like I'm close with Penance Brand but 3.5s single target before the ignite is even applies is shitty. Anyone else have luck with this kind of build? I haven't found anything on poe.ninja.

Best I ever did with stormfire nonsense was using arc. Vaal arc with the bonus chain damage meant a big fatty ignite for map bosses, but even then it was only ever so good.

Penance brand is really the only way to get reliable boss damage, so you may just have to gem swap for conquerors etc, but yea mechanically it's basically unusable for general clear.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
As someone who skipped farmville.. err I mean Harvest league, is there any sort of resource of a list of say the top 20 desired enchants that you can find on a crop? I've always been a bit overwhelmed with the crafting aspect of poe, but am trying to slowly get into it more.