Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Fair enough, my original comment was a weak argument.

I can never tell what their long term intentions are. The same company did the following in chronological order:
  1. Introduced Fractured 100% Delirious Map farming, 3.10
  2. Introduced Fractured Currency Blueprint farming, 3.12
  3. Introduced Beast split Currency Blueprint farming, despite seeing where the economy was heading with the previous step and Reddit shouting at them what would happen(Narrator: it did), 3.12.x
  4. Effectively reverted cheap Blueprint farming by forcing reveals on copies, 3.13
  5. Prevented endless copying of any item via split and fractured tags, 3.14
Just within that list itself, there is tons of inconsistency. And it's not like these were opaque and complex decisions. If they didn't like fractured deli farming, they should have done something about it in 3.12 at the very latest.

I'm not sure a large amount of the player base employed fractured deli farming. I don't have any statistics, however. I will say, however, that it's quite difficult to draw very specific conclusions from steam charts.

This is the same company that nerfed the original Tora master missions because it made The Doctor cards too easy to farm. Then, I want to say 3 leagues later, 50% of the profiles had HHs on poe.ninja. Chris and the devs that suffer from rosy retrospection about the game 8 years ago need to let it go. There are times where it almost feels as if they have two dev teams actively working against each other.

At this point, I feel there's a 50% chance they'll give us harvest 2.0 next league that has all the removed crafts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This is the same company that nerfed the original Tora master missions because it made The Doctor cards too easy to farm. Then, I want to say 3 leagues later, 50% of the profiles had HHs on poe.ninja. Chris and the devs that suffer from rosy retrospection about the game 8 years ago need to let it go. There are times where it almost feels as if they have two dev teams actively working against each other.

At this point, I feel there's a 50% chance they'll give us harvest 2.0 next league that has all the removed crafts.

The funny thing is the harvest solution is fucking easy.

They could have simply had harvest "damage" the item to the point it could not be harvested anymore. And each item had a certain number of harvests that could have been done on it.

And then, left EVERYTHING in the game harvestwise.

But instead, they just gut the shit out of the whole thing and make it just not fun in general.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's lots of easy solutions. Instead, they gave it to the same guy that shat out the code for texture streaming. Whatever they did last patch has made it worse. Load times get longer and longer into a play sessions, FPS gets worse, invisible textures same to worse.

TALK TO US ABOUT IT

"Week 20, still no end in site. Please check back next week."

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Of course, hours after I post:

chris said:

Engine Performance Bug Found​

Today we tracked down a bug that causes local shader compilation to stall other engine tasks such as texture streaming. This means that if you were playing content that used shaders that were not present in your local cache, then the loading of necessary assets would be stalled (causing the low-quality stand-in textures to be used for way longer than intended). This doesn't resolve all graphical/performance issues that we are investigating, but it should help. We have deployed this change and it'll automatically download next time you run Path of Exile. We are continuing our investigation into other weird behaviour and will keep you updated. Thanks for your feedback and patience!

Glad they found a fix. I can't say this will fix the aggressive unloading of textures. Shouldn't time profiling have found this issue?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol I had just given up on the league too, my textureless sirus fight was the last straw for me. Wonder what the 1 to 2 month retention will be on this shitshow.

Regardless of nerfs, bad league starts, league mechanics etc, the thing that will always get your player base to quit? Garbage performance

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol I had just given up on the league too, my textureless sirus fight was the last straw for me. Wonder what the 1 to 2 month retention will be on this shitshow.

Regardless of nerfs, bad league starts, league mechanics etc, the thing that will always get your player base to quit? Garbage performance

So far its in line with other leagues.

vqmndxdap1w61.png

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm having a good time with this league so far for the most part. Sure this league's similar to ritual, but with ritual oftentimes the best strat was to not do them in a map, go kill the boss, then backtrack so you had maximum tribute numbers. With Ultimatum, you just do it as soon as you see it so that's nice. As for rewards, Ultimatum seems way better to me so far. Ritual rewards were shit unless you were juicing the shit out of them, in my experience. When I finally got to doing consistent red maps, ritual was almost always a complete waste of time and I just quit doing them. Ultimatum is more of a steady trickle with the occasional good thing in my experience so far.

Everything's just WAY more expensive than last league. I'm not happy that GGG is almost surely targeting these gear nerfs at the casual-to-mid market players, their rhetoric about the hardcore types to the contrary. Plus I've yet to have any raw exalts drop yet and I'd had 2 by this time last league, QQ.

Also, I was just thinking about a tool like in this vid -something that values stash tabs, specifically DIV since I have no idea what most cards do or what they're worth- and lo and behold there's a tool for that!

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You put your div cards in your div tab and make it public. If it's worth anything, someone will message you with an offensively low number. Price check it and put those cards up for sale in a different tab.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You put your div cards in your div tab and make it public. If it's worth anything, someone will message you with an offensively low number. Price check it and put those cards up for sale in a different tab.

I do this for rings too. There is always someone waiting to lowball you for a good ring.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I do this for rings too. There is always someone waiting to lowball you for a good ring.
If those bastards hadn't removed the perandus coins for scrolls "recipe", you can do this for a whole bunch of stuff. Now I gotta be Wakandanrdly with my wisdom scrolls because I can't figure out how to branch of Neversink's filter so I can edit it to show transmute but still receive his updates.

Nice word filter result.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If those bastards hadn't removed the perandus coins for scrolls "recipe", you can do this for a whole bunch of stuff. Now I gotta be Wakandanrdly with my wisdom scrolls because I can't figure out how to branch of Neversink's filter so I can edit it to show transmute but still receive his updates.

Nice word filter result.
Yeah his filter was really bad this league. Fucking chance bases on Strict were the worst. Fucking Artillery quivers all over for no reason. I basically editted off all chance bases and put back on portal/wisdom scrolls at minimal size and it made Ultimatum loot much more managable. I too am too lazy to figure out the auto update shit, but after about 2 weeks I think his filter is about as good as it's gonna get until some weird meme build makes fucking Torchoak Steps or something 3ex.

Rings are great. I played a summoner so much that I know ANY unset ring with +dex and life is worrth 20c+. Why? Because summoners rarely need resists, almost always need dex for GMP/Impale, and usually socket starved. Unset rings are probably like 1/3 of my overall earnings each league.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm having a good time with this league so far for the most part. Sure this league's similar to ritual, but with ritual oftentimes the best strat was to not do them in a map, go kill the boss, then backtrack so you had maximum tribute numbers. With Ultimatum, you just do it as soon as you see it so that's nice. As for rewards, Ultimatum seems way better to me so far. Ritual rewards were shit unless you were juicing the shit out of them, in my experience. When I finally got to doing consistent red maps, ritual was almost always a complete waste of time and I just quit doing them. Ultimatum is more of a steady trickle with the occasional good thing in my experience so far.

Everything's just WAY more expensive than last league. I'm not happy that GGG is almost surely targeting these gear nerfs at the casual-to-mid market players, their rhetoric about the hardcore types to the contrary. Plus I've yet to have any raw exalts drop yet and I'd had 2 by this time last league, QQ.

Also, I was just thinking about a tool like in this vid -something that values stash tabs, specifically DIV since I have no idea what most cards do or what they're worth- and lo and behold there's a tool for that!

poeprices.info works well for the div card stash.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
what I want is a way to increase random loot variety in maps if I don't do any extra content. just wanna chain maps and kill shit. I don't want 9 league worth of fucking work crammed into each and every map. fuck
And despite all the issues with D3, this is exactly why I preferred its endgame over PoE. Sure, it gets kind of stale because gearing and "builds" in D3 are shallow as shit, but I'll take rifting/adventure mode over mapping and running through the campaign 8000 times any day of the week.

At the end of the day, I just want to murder screens of shit and collect loot without too much thought. ARPGs aren't exactly brainbusters and trying to force those mechanics on things is why PoE is such a bloated mess now. It's why leagues like Legion, Metamorph, Abyss, Breach, etc. were always my jam.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
And despite all the issues with D3, this is exactly why I preferred its endgame over PoE. Sure, it gets kind of stale because gearing and "builds" in D3 are shallow as shit, but I'll take rifting/adventure mode over mapping and running through the campaign 8000 times any day of the week.

At the end of the day, I just want to murder screens of shit and collect loot without too much thought. ARPGs aren't exactly brainbusters and trying to force those mechanics on things is why PoE is such a bloated mess now. It's why leagues like Legion, Metamorph, Abyss, Breach, etc. were always my jam.

ya d3 was too far the other way - I guess a nice compromise would be that there can only be say, a max of two addition league mechanics in a new league. Those can rotate in and out

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Interesting-looking build for those that might be bored of the league.

Hateforge cost 30ex so uh, yea

I also wouldn't be surprised if they were to fix this mid-league. Not as likely as the aura stacker solstice nerf, but definitely possible.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hateforge cost 30ex so uh, yea

I also wouldn't be surprised if they were to fix this mid-league. Not as likely as the aura stacker solstice nerf, but definitely possible.
How long has it been that expensive? I was going off poe.ninja, which is still way the fuck off.

Is it this expensive because demand? Only drops from trial master? Both?

Quite distasteful when builds are prohibited due to the market. Getting aura stack flashbacks. Really hard to sympathize with people that want chase items when this shit happens.