Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, what's the interesting part of the skill without the stun pulse? Maybe with a ton of attack speed, you can stack a bunch of trauma and reliably trigger some CWDT(which you'll pay somehow...)?

I wouldn't discount the stun pulse. Supposedly it can chain itself.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So Trauma gives you 4% more damage per Trauma. Stacking that is obviously pretty amazing with the nerf to skill gems. So you have to mitigate all that damage so most people go Jugg, maybe Slayer to handle the massive amount of damage coming in at high stacks. Well, the trauma is in fact a hit from your attack as confirmed by GGG. This is why it triggers CWDT etc etc. So if you could find a way to somehow mitigate that damage OR completely ELIMINATE it you could maybe get something going (though maces and 1hand axes have shitty APS for the most part and maces awful PDPS. Staffs are good but there's better ways to do it with staffs now like Pillar of the Caged God).

In comes the modifier "-physical damage from attack hits". So that modifier takes a hit and just takes an amount off the top. Trauma is in fact a hit coming from an attack. I tried testing a bit but my builds are too wonky to do it properly, but with enough synth items and an Immortal Flesh you could potentially get to -200 physical damage taken from attack hits. The problem is I'm not sure if it's technically 178 damage applying once 20 times, or, more likely, 178 damage x 20 applying once. If it's the first case that would be pretty neat opening up other classes with less pure mitigation like Raider who can then benefit from attack speed or berserkers with rage. Just massive trauma stacking as fast as you can.

90% sure it doesn't work I'm test a bit more, but I don't feel like leveling a god forsaken Jugg to 80+ to figure it out because there's not much currently I'd want to do with them otherwise.

Also not sure why more people (1 at the moment) aren't using Replica Dreamfeather as their stat stick for phys build SST or Shield Crush. The one guy I can see has approximately +600% attack damage from his armor. Seems pretty good if you're not elemental or bleed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well did some testing on standard. It's not Trauma for #damage x 20 times, it's Trauma x 20 times for damage. So the modifier physical damage from attack hits does work, but it's just a small chunk off a big block of damage. Unfortunate, was really looking forward to Gladiator/Raider/Berserker Boneshatter. Maybe I'll still look into it, but definitely would've been a GG bypass to the skill's major downside.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ziz and Steelmage league started with that build and put out build guides, so a bunch of people are aping them. That is not say it isn't a good idea. Just keep in mind that if you see a bunch of people copying a few content creators, it isn't hundreds of people all see this obvious idea that you're missing. 2 people did.

It's essentially for solving mana issue early in the league. Mortal Conviction is good for physical skills because they typically only run one non-banner aura, Pride.
Been a while since I played any and apparently forgot what counted as a non banner aura. Blood magic was kind of a no brainer in an effort to reduce the mana issues. Couple people made it sound like mortal conviction was triggering something and that pretty much lost me on their thought process.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
When this thread falls out of the top 10 and below Chivalry 2 three weeks in to the new league, you know it fucking sucks dick.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Been playing Last Epoch and one thing that's fucking amazing about it is loot filters. You can basically make a loot filter that picks up bases, unique's, exalted items and you can narrow down that filter by adding any prefixes, affixes or combinations thereof into it so the only thing you'll ever see is something you actually need. It made me imagine for a brief moment how good PoE would be if everything dropped identified and you could do something along those lines. It wouldn't even be possible in PoE I don't think as they have so much fucking bullshit bloated stat shit everywhere.

The crafting in Last Epochs excellent, they've cottoned onto this and have started adding new basetypes to craft with for endgame that always have 1 or 2 top tier rolls which you can turn into amazing items with time and effort. The games not as good as PoE right now, but they've got their head's on their shoulders about how to make a fair system that doesn't fuck the player at every given opportunity.

Be interesting to see how the game is in a couple of years time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Been playing Last Epoch and one thing that's fucking amazing about it is loot filters. You can basically make a loot filter that picks up bases, unique's, exalted items and you can narrow down that filter by adding any prefixes, affixes or combinations thereof into it so the only thing you'll ever see is something you actually need. It made me imagine for a brief moment how good PoE would be if everything dropped identified and you could do something along those lines. It wouldn't even be possible in PoE I don't think as they have so much fucking bullshit bloated stat shit everywhere.

The crafting in Last Epochs excellent, they've cottoned onto this and have started adding new basetypes to craft with for endgame that always have 1 or 2 top tier rolls which you can turn into amazing items with time and effort. The games not as good as PoE right now, but they've got their head's on their shoulders about how to make a fair system that doesn't fuck the player at every given opportunity.

Yeah, but its also super easy to get max shit. I do like that they're just gonna keep adding skills and skill trees ad infinitum. Maybe its not...i hit about 60 something on a cyclone void knight then called it good for a bit. Need to check it out post 0.8 or whatever last patch was.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah, but its also super easy to get max shit. I do like that they're just gonna keep adding skills and skill trees ad infinitum. Maybts not...i hit about 60 something on a cyclone void knight then called it good for a bit. Need to check it out post 0.8 or whatever last patch was.

It's easier, but it's still dodgy to make the perfect item (with perfect rolls). You actually have to find a 2 affix exalted base to work with - they are pretty rare. It's nice that you can basically make a version of anything without it being top tier rolls from the get go and that's a stark contrast to PoE.

Haven't played in over 6 months and went to check it out and was impressed with the progress they've made. Still needs some work, balancing is a bit up and down. Gone are the empty zones now which is nice, chock a block full of shit to kill.

It's progressing well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
RogChamp continues. Got a 575 eDPS Jewelled Foil with T1 Crit, T1 Attack Speed, and T2 Flat accuracy last night. At this point he's just giving me top end gear to play a new spec, but I really don't want to because it'd probably be best with Spectral Helix.

The GG builds are shaping up slowly and prices on cheap gear is probably going to soar as some items people thought didn't work are still just as powerful and have some new synergies. Let's just say Cospri's and Mjolnir stocks are looking good.

Also Blade Vortex/Blade Blast Chieftain is probably incredibly easy to do and does omega fuckboi damage, but the usual "It's not the top dps!" mentality has it buried right now. Now that Mathil is on softcore some more creative builds will be floating around since everyone isn't just focused on defense.

Caeden

It's easier, but it's still dodgy to make the perfect item (with perfect rolls). You actually have to find a 2 affix exalted base to work with - they are pretty rare. It's nice that you can basically make a version of anything without it being top tier rolls from the get go and that's a stark contrast to PoE.

Haven't played in over 6 months and went to check it out and was impressed with the progress they've made. Still needs some work, balancing is a bit up and down. Gone are the empty zones now which is nice, chock a block full of shit to kill.

It's progressing well.
I'm glad to hear that regarding the empty zones. i have high hopes and they seem like good guys.

Caeden

RogChamp continues. Got a 575 eDPS Jewelled Foil with T1 Crit, T1 Attack Speed, and T2 Flat accuracy last night. At this point he's just giving me top end gear to play a new spec, but I really don't want to because it'd probably be best with Spectral Helix.

The GG builds are shaping up slowly and prices on cheap gear is probably going to soar as some items people thought didn't work are still just as powerful and have some new synergies. Let's just say Cospri's and Mjolnir stocks are looking good.

Also Blade Vortex/Blade Blast Chieftain is probably incredibly easy to do and does omega fuckboi damage, but the usual "It's not the top dps!" mentality has it buried right now. Now that Mathil is on softcore some more creative builds will be floating around since everyone isn't just focused on defense.
Referring to the occultist coc and manabond heiro? LL Inquis COC BL still works well too.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah those mostly, manabond Mjolnir especially has very interesting applications as it's a free skill that benefits greatly from being OOM. A lot of people were turned off by CoC costing mana (which it may not EVERY time, but I'll let a bug tester figure that shit out) and it's still incredibly solid.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

I've said it before but I kickstarted this bitch from day 1. And I still can't get into it much. I played it to endgame a couple of months ago before a wipe but only dabbled in the final systems. I started again here a couple of weeks ago but only got like 2 hours in and just went back to PoE.

The slow, boring grind in PoE this league may chase me back though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

^ yeah i've gone back and forth on the changes. I'm ok with CoC, but I think Cospri having a mana cost is dumb. Solid is where I'd put it aside from the nutty mana coc shit last league. CoC required so much in the way of stats that you ended up so fucking gear locked that it was hard to swap out pieces.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

Really? I prefer Blade Fall/Blade Blast (Blade Vortex can eat a bag of dicks, what a horrible playstyle skill, I've done it three times and wanted to /wrist every time). I got Chieftain with this up to high 70s before I realized Ultimatum was done the next day, was thinking about restarting it here now that I have amassed some decent currency and some easy level gear.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm assuming he mistyped, as BV with BB is a mechanically dead combination. BF with BB might be as well since BB lost sizeable chunk of radius and might not overlap that much.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Best part of this league: 2+ weeks into the league and reddit is still in constant bitchfest. Some real schadenfreude to be enjoyed here.

Worst part of this league: there's some real issues with the game(flasks and mana mainly) and I fear that the above will give GGG reason to not treat valid criticism as worthwhile. Chris is going on Baeclast later this(next?) week. This is obviously not something planned, but hard to tell whether it's in response valid criticism or reddit's inability to handle adversity.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Best part of this league: 2+ weeks into the league and reddit is still in constant bitchfest. Some real schadenfreude to be enjoyed here.

Worst part of this league: there's some real issues with the game(flasks and mana mainly) and I fear that the above will give GGG reason to not treat valid criticism as worthwhile. Chris is going on Baeclast later this(next?) week. This is obviously not something planned, but hard to tell whether it's in response valid criticism or reddit's inability to handle adversity.

This is probably the first time in a long time that reddit is making a lot of reasonable complaints. They have no idea what they are doing with their game. I truly believe that, and that's coming from someone that's given them thousands of dollars over the last decade.

The numbers speak for themselves, a gigantic number of people noped the fuck out of this league. It's retention is probably the worst they've ever had, in the shortest time too.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users