Path of Exile

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I too just finished up 36 making this the first league I ever went that far. This was also the league in which I killed Maven, Elder, Shaper, Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, Cortex and a few other things I either never tried (elder, shaper) or got shit on so hard I made almost no future attempts (Maven). I was a cookie cutter life-based spectre build from white maps onward and the couple of things that had felt impossible to me in other leagues (The Hidden) I think I could get down if I kept at it.

I don't really have any insights that everyone else hasn't hit on a million times. Max level Dash + max level Second Wind wasn't horrible but still worse and a much bigger investment given the dexterity requirement. I've been running the last month with 10% chance to resist freeze and a single flask with freeze removal which I would never, ever do again. If I play next league I'm going to run whatever has the most immunities to the most shit. I don't think I used a single one of the new flask orbs for the entire league. At the end of the day the whole game just plays a little worse.

The Expedition mechanic itself was pretty good. Decent story, good flavor, logbooks are pretty cool and I liked the bosses. The Khalguur themselves were probably a miss? Rolling item after item waiting for Rog to pay out (which he does do) gets pretty lame. Gwennen feels like all time sink. Tuyen is great and Dannig does his little thing just fine. I just don't like how as time went on I'd have this stack of their rerolls building and how long it would take to get through them. The map mechanic itself felt worth throughout the league but not the merchants themselves. Weird.

Fuck trying to farm a Sacred Blossom for the fucking challenge. What a gigantic waste of my fucking time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Block and evade aren't that overpowered. It's not insane defence on its own, soon as it fails you're fucked unless you've invested in other defences. You still need to move about avoiding shit and invest in other layers. I'd say it's probably about where it needs to be if you play the end game, possibly a slight nerf. The players will not like a block nerf, that will cause an outcry with all the discussion surrounding defences, even GGG wouldn't be that stupid after 3.15. Maybe 3.17 they'll adjust it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah, achievement tax for 36 was 10-20ex, most of that being Cortex and Heart of The Grove. Is that worse than 100% AoE Feared? I'm not sure...

Grats on 36 and especially doing a lot of first-time content. Spectres have been down lately, so I guess it's good they're still viable.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oh yeah, achievement tax for 36 was 10-20ex, most of that being Cortex and Heart of The Grove. Is that worse than 100% AoE Feared? I'm not sure...

Grats on 36 and especially doing a lot of first-time content. Spectres have been down lately, so I guess it's good they're still viable.

With all the shit I had to buy I definitely put myself in the poor house. My tabs also became a mess as I was focused on ticking boxes rather than maintaining order or keeping my store up to date.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Players are using block to make interesting builds that can survive a few shots to the face? Nerf that shit stat.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Block and evade aren't that overpowered. It's not insane defence on its own, soon as it fails you're fucked unless you've invested in other defences. You still need to move about avoiding shit and invest in other layers. I'd say it's probably about where it needs to be if you play the end game, possibly a slight nerf. The players will not like a block nerf, that will cause an outcry with all the discussion surrounding defences, even GGG wouldn't be that stupid after 3.15. Maybe 3.17 they'll adjust it.
This is the first league I have ever used a block build (SST of course) and block fucking rocks. It of course layers with armor on the Glad bleed build I followed so prob more survivable than the Raider version or whatever is the other main SST build class.

I usually go DPS (like 2H cyclone) and the defense difference is pretty refreshing.

So, as I say that, of course it is going to get nerfed. If a scrub like me can run a decent survivable build with decent DPS then GGG will nerf for sure. All I spent was an Ex on a shield (maybe it was 2) and I think 50 C on a Lioneye chest that I 6L myself with about 450 fusings (lol).

It is so survivable I am almost at 95, and I am pretty sure that is as high as I have ever gotten. I may even make it to 96!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Held up my end of not playing this league. Don’t plan on playing the next league for now. Probably playing the next major endgame league though. Kinda realized after 3 years and change I’d just replaced WoW with another grind commitment. I think i read somewhere that it take 3 or so weeks of consistently doing something or not doing something to form or break a habit. Now I’ve broken the habit.

*logs into FFXIV*

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are they going to nerf mines? Some guy on YouTube keeps posting busted ass mine builds and it’s always the same theme of taking advantage of shotgunning 25 mines at once on a boss. will be very shit tier if they end up nerfing otherwise great league starters like exsang because of mine bs

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd expect them to temper the nerfs next league. Sure certain things will most likely be getting hit, but there's no way this league didn't affect their bottom line and they'll most likely adjust and appease next league.

Or at least that's how I lie to myself.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are they going to nerf mines? Some guy on YouTube keeps posting busted ass mine builds and it’s always the same theme of taking advantage of shotgunning 25 mines at once on a boss. will be very shit tier if they end up nerfing otherwise great league starters like exsang because of mine bs
Link the videos. I suspect you're conflating overgearing with the mine mechanic.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There already is a block reduction support gem. They failed in making non-damage support gems competitive. They probably need to do away with dps gems altogether and only have support gems modify how a skill behaves.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it was path of matth with the mine builds, there were a bunch and it was always like a 1ex build with a tabula blowing up maven. Glass cannons but just nervous what ggg will react to stuff these days

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's a video of a guy doing uber elder on a level 36 character when that fight was the pinnacle of end game content. PoE boss fights are all about not getting hit. I wouldn't use them as nerf barometers.

This is the same path of matth build showcase that died during map clear and the maven fight? Too lazy to reshoot? Build too low on defensive investment to showcase without dying? You decide, both choices suck.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems the date of the 3.16 announcement stream leaked via twitch, Oct 14th, I'll let you calculate the time(says 2 to 8PM central on the screen), stream will probably just rerun constantly for drops which is why it's that long.

Main points of interest of next league is they're reworking the Atlas down to 4 regions and 100maps total, which will then rotate every league(including some of the maps they removed from that). Also bunch of other shit I forgot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I hope my div card is out for 3.16. Seems like a good patch for it. I asked them if it was going to be in 3.16 and they said they would check but I've not heard back yet!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Was prepping for next league, which is likely a mistake, I already want to play but I know I shouldn't. While iterating upon accuracy stacking jugg, I had a revelation. Probably not the first time, but I wanted to put it here so that perhaps I'll remember it.

I find unique-heavy builds less exhausting to progress than rares. Maybe this is some combination of choice paralysis and gear lock, but I'm looking to try something similar to this next league.

Going to start out consecrated path totems though.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was prepping for next league, which is likely a mistake, I already want to play but I know I shouldn't. While iterating upon accuracy stacking jugg, I had a revelation. Probably not the first time, but I wanted to put it here so that perhaps I'll remember it.

I find unique-heavy builds less exhausting to progress than rares. Maybe this is some combination of choice paralysis and gear lock, but I'm looking to try something similar to this next league.

Going to start out consecrated path totems though.
I find the opposite true. Rare heavy builds feel more adjustable and SSF oriented and generally have a higher ceiling to progression as well as more steps to said ceiling. However I do feel unique oriented builds reach the top end of their progression ladder quicker which admittedly has its own benefits.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sure, more adjustable, unique-heavy builds struggle for resists. Resist capping and gear locking is an outdated relic from D2. Something similar to physical resistance and adjusting elemental damage taken needs to replace it.

I don't agree with the SSF point. Trying to progress, purely as SSF, rare gear beyond life/es and resists is an arduous journey. This game fails without the trade economy as most players, myself included, simply would not put up with that kind of progression.

Rares definitely have a higher ceiling. I don't know if I would call that a feature because I've never felt the need for double influenced rares. They're essentially progression fluff. That said, I've never felt the need to farm fully juiced 100% delirious maps.