Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm pretty sure the single target is going to be a nightmare for doing Sirus unfortunately. You might hit a million combined between scorching ray and RF, but it requires you can actually beam Sirus for long enough with ray to stack it up.

It'll probably be good enough for the first few like A4-A6 runs, but A8 will probably be reroll time.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because the scourge items are ID'd, can you customize filterblade to hit certain affixes? Probably not. I seem to remember a few things can go off but they only trigger on blues because they can go off the name of the suffix/prefix.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I stopped dying once I could kill the fuckers faster than they could swarm me. One thing almost always holds true in PoE: offense is the best defense. I'm sure lots of people are having a good time with TR, but I had to switch away partly for the delayed damage. Champion defenses might be carrying. Exsanguinate mines turning out much better.

It's a real shame that almost all dot builds are delayed damage as well. Dot builds make such great starters and early bossers.
All I have is a 6L bow but TR does okayish in up to t13s. The delay and lack of full-screen clear is just not fun for me. That being said I can't find another build to play. I can't find a build I want to farm in let alone a build to farm for.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Accuracy stack jugg! It's even better now with masteries on the accuracy wheels and the new armor formula, easy 60k armor with iron reflexes and insane life gained on hit via claw.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Have you done an accuracy stacking tree since 3.16? The scion part of the tree kinda sucks with the evasion wheel losing its accuracy and might of the meek covering notables.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I took a quick peek at my jugg and it looks mostly fine? I never used meek before anyway nor did I really go near scion start, and there's even less reason to now with masteries giving massive 40% chunks of accuracy vs bosses.

I didn't look too deep though so I'm not sure how the defenses would look. You relied pretty heavily on evade+blind and max dodge before, and I'm not sure how many points you've really got available to dedicate to evasion and suppression now.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea I took a quick peek at my jugg and it looks mostly fine? I never used meek before anyway nor did I really go near scion start, and there's even less reason to now with masteries giving massive 40% chunks of accuracy vs bosses.

I didn't look too deep though so I'm not sure how the defenses would look. You relied pretty heavily on evade+blind and max dodge before, and I'm not sure how many points you've really got available to dedicate to evasion and suppression now.

I wouldn't bet on the "unique enemy" one working with your stormrider boots etc just because i doubt it affects your character sheet in any way.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
21k random damage, no problem lol.

a64ktgvh0xv71.png

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

This is what I came up with this morning. I'm not a fan of evasion, unreliable and no guard skill synergy. So I went high armor instead. Resists are still an issue, trying to keep the rares "realistic". But by no means starter friendly.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea that looks way better than anything evasion could offer really. I'm still not sold entirely on using petrified blood, but the damage is certainly there.

I still was trying to use two clusters with +1 projectile claw nodes but you're probably right that there just isn't room for that anymore, not to mention how much of a nightmare they are to roll.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wanted to try a Petrified Blood build that didn't go full glass cannon. I'm sure I'm missing something, but it seems nobody combines Petrified Blood with Vaal Pact.

And yes, those claw clusters will be a complete bitch to roll. They would be a nice to have, but I didn't want to plan around them. Since the second cluster is basically just DPS at ~3% per passive, I didn't see anything that was worth dropping. If that second cluster is a claw cluster, maybe since that would mean more LGoH.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I don't think I would even start the build until I could snipe one of the claw clusters pre-rolled, and there are currently 0 for sale lol so if I try it again it'll need to be in another couple of weeks.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Who has played petrified blood? What does 2300 unreserved HP + 2k es feel like with ~34k ehp to all dmg types?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've played glass cannon versions of it. It lived up to its name.

In other news:

GGG said:
Scourge Feedback
We've been monitoring all feedback related to Scourge and have a few improvements coming which we will outline below. We are aware that the bulk of players' feedback around Scourge revolves around the rewards it provides. We don't have any updates to provide regarding this but we are reviewing the feedback and discussing it.

Am I reading too much into this? Seems like a "get fucked plebs" response. Or can they not provide ANY response until some sort of change is also ready?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
guarantee it will be something along the lines of:

• fixed Item quantity and rarity being bugged and not scaling up with scourge stacks
  • positive mod weightings have been adjusted (I expect doubled, which is still ridiculously low and not worth bothering, maybe if they increased them 10x the reward might be worth a shit)
  • negative mod values have been decreased (instead of -63 elemental damage it'd be like -22)
  • reduced exp needed for higher levels of map krangling and/or increased scourge exp in high tier red maps.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's a strange mechanic. Expedition didn't have a crazy ceiling like Scourge does but it have a pretty high floor. As they came out back to back the contrast between the two really stands out. Rog and Tujen were super bros, the league was heavy on flavor and story and if you got murdered it was almost certainly because you Voltron'd together some crazy shit. With Scourge I'm not even pushing V to find gear. I'm pushing V to boost shit I've already found. It's like an endgame mechanic rather than something fully fleshed out for all levels of play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I have to run 20 maps to run 100 ten second long maps to get a real map that randomly kills me but gives me a couple splinters. And as a bonus i can brick items while i do it.

whats not to like?

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Maven got paired with Ritual. You had the extra endgame shit with some if it being pretty fucking hard and then the plebs had their Ritual shops. Scourge is missing the pleb food pellet part of a league. Where my food stamps at?

It's too bad that Expedition had the flask, ailment and ascendancy changes people hated. I was still logging in to do a little all the way until it closed. It was just a nice, friendly league.

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Didn't Chris, last league, say that they wanted to reduce how rewarding leagues were? Well, they definitely succeeded.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Didn't Chris, last league, say that they wanted to reduce how rewarding leagues were? Well, they definitely succeeded.

I had always assumed that the league mechanic being a crutch was one of the cornerstones of Path of Exile's design philosophy. Both new and lapsed players benefit from having clear direction and the long time players are pushed to do something new rather than doing mostly the same thing for the Nth time.

You know, because that's just plainly how the game was/is structured.

• 1Like