Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nimis doubles the duration of spark projectiles which means you can fill the entire screen with twice as many projectiles. Seems pretty mandatory for the cold spark build especially for boss damage on no hit sanctum runs.

But like someone else already mentioned above, the captain lance icicle mine build seems both the most approachable and the easiest to play for a no hit sanctum run. The only other build that might be as good is Ben_'s body swap build but that guy is just so fucking good at the game who knows how functional it actually is for normies like us.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What do you guys use for pricing items? I've been using Awakened POE, but I feel like it kinda sucks ass. Half the shit doesn't price or it just captures the "base" of the item without looking at the mods.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There are filters in Awakened PoE for each of an items stats. Gotta hit the checkbox for the stats you want to search on and make sure the min/max value associated with it is correct.

Once you start using those filters it works much better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you guys use for pricing items? I've been using Awakened POE, but I feel like it kinda sucks ass. Half the shit doesn't price or it just captures the "base" of the item without looking at the mods.
I use awakened as well. You really want to start using the filters like he said and once you know the good mods on items you can price accordingly.

If you don't know much you should just put items in a rotating stash tab and change the price on it every day to a lower number. Start at a divine, go down to 150c etc.

I also started using poestack.com tool. You can price multiple tabs at once and post it all at once. Super useful. Even has export models for TFT and custom. There's also the bulk POE selling tool but I haven't used that one yet. Probably better for certain things, I know people in TFT use it a lot.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There are filters in Awakened PoE for each of an items stats. Gotta hit the checkbox for the stats you want to search on and make sure the min/max value associated with it is correct.

Once you start using those filters it works much better.
Yeah, I'm a fucking idiot and apparently you have to ctrl+D the item itself to get all the mods to appear for filtering. I was just using copy/paste, which just gave the base.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably a stupid question, but is there a way to convert you single premiums to quad premiums or refund the singles for credit or something?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been playing the meta Trickster Heatshiver Frost Blades build. For a good amount of character progression, this build hits ~1 Divine -> +1M dps. Will still fall over rarely. A good chunk of my 25 deaths through level 96 have come from chasing Delirium achievements. I think the Paradoxica variant is as good if not better than the claw variant. It frees up a lot of passive points to utilize Uber Thread of Hope near Supreme Ego. Alone, this placement is great for most attack builds, picking up at least 5 solid notables. 10 are relevant for my build. Stick a Lethal Pride near Acrobatics and you have Intimidate and a hefty chunk of melee crit multi.

Haven't done serious bossing on it yet, not sure if I should. It really feels like a mapping-only build that can do bossing in the hands of an experienced player because of how broken Heatshiver is.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea while I was able to do bosses with it I wouldn't really recommend it for that. The impressive part like you mentioned is how strong it is for basically 0 investment and how easily it can just blast maps with any random weapon + heatshiver.

Paradoxica is pretty interesting, but you'd need some relatively hefty sources of added cold no?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm getting 647 - 969 added cold. Most coming from Awakened Added Cold and Ice Bite. Smaller sources coming from Mark of The Elder(perhaps a mistake, finding a 4-affix T3 Shaper ring is fucking expensive), Herald of Ice, Watcher's Eye, and Frost Blades itself. PoB says Awakened Added Cold is only a bit worse than level 21 Ice Bite and only a bit better than the next alternative(Crit Damage).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Can almost finish my bow for toxic rain/caustic arrow altho I don't have enough money to buy all the best gems etc. yet but hopefully it works well enough to push me through red maps and maybe lets me actually do decent in some sanctums (cobra lash has been crap for them, don't think i've beaten 2nd floor yet).

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
I'm trying to understand the correct way to do a phys Craft on a 2hAxe. It's not easy, since i never really attempt to craft something usefull for end-game.
My character use Boneshatter. I need a 2h axe Despot version.
For now based on a lv85 IL, i just chain Alteration/Augment until i get a big phys base (130%+) then regal it. Rise and repeat.
Or
I try my luck with some Essence when i have good one.

Any tips for a new-crafter wanabee?

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm trying to understand the correct way to do a phys Craft on a 2hAxe. It's not easy, since i never really attempt to craft something usefull for end-game.
My character use Boneshatter. I need a 2h axe Despot version.
For now based on a lv85 IL, i just chain Alteration/Augment until i get a big phys base (130%+) then regal it. Rise and repeat.
Or
I try my luck with some Essence when i have good one.

Any tips for a new-crafter wanabee?
Never crafted a phys melee weapon but if I didn't have a ton of currency (less then 10d) I would buy a fractured cruel+ base and start from there, maybe slam contempt essences, trying to hit a T1/2 attack speed. Then depending on what you hit you try to get hybrid phys on there

You could also essence slam contempt for hybrid phys and then lock prefixes and add remove speed harvest.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Easiest way to craft a 2h phys weapon is buy a fractured based. Depending on how big dick you wanna go in terms of DPS you either wanna buy a t1 hybrid phys base, or if you're poor and just want something "good enough" get a t1 flat phys fracture.

Honestly though phys 2h weapons should be cheap to get to the "good enough" tier, so I wouldn't bother trying to craft on anything but the t1 hybrid phys base. You just spam it with the big flat phys essences until it hits t1 attack speed, then craft %phys on the bench and it'll end up being like ~900 dps.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Might be done with the league. A lot of changes since I last played(2019)are great, but this league mechanic is absolutely ass - to the point that I'm ignoring it entirely. I realize most leagues cater to specific builds, but this season feels especially bad.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone know when the next stash tab sale is going on?

As far as the league mechanic, I think its great. It doesn't compete to super juicing maps but for a moderately slow type of gameplay (faster if you run Atoll/Coves) it gives pretty consistent currency. My one big ask of it would be to make the abilities that can hit you visually pop. With COC/FB I can't see shit, but that's really not league specific.

Gonna start skipping it as I've moved into strongbox farming but I'll keep going back to it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Anyone know when the next stash tab sale is going on?

There's a stash tab sale every three weeks. Maybe next week?

In regards to Sanctum it changes pretty significantly once you start filling up your relic altar with these bad boys -

1674760843019.png

The merchant can sell you anything so getting more looks lets you navigate all the RNG a whole lot better and interact with the mechanics of the league more easily. On an alright run I'm buying every single boon there is forcing subsequent appearances of the merchant to stock her inventory with relics, sanctified relics and major boons. If things are going super, super well you take divine orb rewards for completing the sanctum and then duplicate them 1x with the lesser mirror boon and then 3x more with its major boon equivalent.

• 1Mother of God