Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm rocking all your damage can freeze on splitting steel and it's a nice defensive layer at the moment.
Yea frost blades was one of the build i died the last with because of that. I think I'm just disappointed you can't have 2 tinctures.

Still maybe 2 empty slots, Traitors and a tincture in between dying sun and taste of hate would be worth it, add in distillery belt and you might have something approaching the return off missing out on 3 flask slots. Still don't see it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Really not seeing the benefit to tinctures yet. Seems like you lose way too much for way too little.
Reliable flask sustain on bosses and all damage can poison. If your build has a meh 5th flask, or your sustain is powerful enough to phase out a life flask, tinctures are decent.

My issue is that the implicits are all over the place in power level. "all damage can poison" is build enabling. For a lot of generic hit based attack builds, it saves you a gem support(culling strike) on your totem.

Maji is garbage after early game. I'm not even going to get my final 2 points because that's how little benefit there is.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Rog bro bein a bro.

1702286737280.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Reliable flask sustain on bosses and all damage can poison. If your build has a meh 5th flask, or your sustain is powerful enough to phase out a life flask, tinctures are decent.

My issue is that the implicits are all over the place in power level. "all damage can poison" is build enabling. For a lot of generic hit based attack builds, it saves you a gem support(culling strike) on your totem.

Maji is garbage after early game. I'm not even going to get my final 2 points because that's how little benefit there is.
I might be wrong about tinctures/Maji. I think the implicits are bit rough. But this one prefix might save them.

(16–20)% chance to gain 1 Rage when you Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy

Weighting is low(50 - 100), but notice how there's no cooldown. It's very easy for attack builds to pump out the hits. Does it really not have a cooldown or did someone just forget to put it in the affix description? Splitting Steel, for example, can easily get to 10 rage/s with that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Apparently Act 3 is where the game ended last time I played, because that was all familiar.

Anyway, ended up going with an SRS guardian build. I'm about halfway through Act 8 and having a blast, even though I have no clue what the fuck I'm doing or should be doing.

Like, they say to run a "league starter" build, but does that mean you scrap that character at some point for another one? Am I maxing out this build so I can farm for another one? Because the guide says this one only takes you so far and most people don't play it past "mid game."

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Apparently Act 3 is where the game ended last time I played, because that was all familiar.

Anyway, ended up going with an SRS guardian build. I'm about halfway through Act 8 and having a blast, even though I have no clue what the fuck I'm doing or should be doing.

Like, they say to run a "league starter" build, but does that mean you scrap that character at some point for another one? Am I maxing out this build so I can farm for another one? Because the guide says this one only takes you so far and most people don't play it past "mid game."

League starter can mean the thing you play initially to get some currency going and fill out your atlas before rolling something else but it doesn't have to. If you want to do the uberest uber bosses maybe your starter isn't going to scale well enough in to the super late game so you'd make something else but that isn't a problem you're going to run in to on SRS guardian.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
fuck I am getting raped on ultimatums, did they buff them or is this a me problem? For reference I don’t have any issue on expeditions or most other content other than harvest which is rippy as usual.
For reference this is in white maps lol and i have only self found gear other than 25c in cold iron points and another 5c for an essence. So it may just be a gear issue

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sigh, typical GGG league mechanic where the rewards and "stuff" from the league are great, but interacting with the mechanic itself is terrible.

2 days trying to kill King of the Mists in his stronghold. I found him once, early yesterday, didn't know what I was doing.... got randomly ported somewhere and then... just died. Guess you have to follow wisps back otherwise just "hahaha go fuck yourself, figure it out?". Haven't found him since.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
fuck I am getting raped on ultimatums, did they buff them or is this a me problem? For reference I don’t have any issue on expeditions or most other content other than harvest which is rippy as usual.
For reference this is in white maps lol and i have only self found gear other than 25c in cold iron points and another 5c for an essence. So it may just be a gear issue

Ultimatums are and were pretty tough compared to something like expedition, blight, harvest, etc.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
For ultimums I would want really high dps and ailment immunity, the little I ran seemed pretty painful otherwise.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't seen one post yet saying it's worthwhile. The internet loves to bandwagon, but people love to be contrarian just as much. Seems like if ultimatum was worth the buttpuckering, someone would have posted it by now.

Vaal-themed content reworks have been pretty miss lately.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Also, should I be stopping and farming for gear or something (and if so, how)? All these guides talk about having 3k life by act 10, or getting your resistances up. But I don't even have gear to run all my skill gems, much less that plus stats and shit. Feel like I'm really missing something here. I'm in Act 9 now and dying constantly. Like, if I'm not shield dashing or blinking around, I'm dead 100% of the time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Also, should I be stopping and farming for gear or something (and if so, how)? All these guides talk about having 3k life by act 10, or getting your resistances up. But I don't even have gear to run all my skill gems, much less that plus stats and shit. Feel like I'm really missing something here. I'm in Act 9 now and dying constantly. Like, if I'm not shield dashing or blinking around, I'm dead 100% of the time.

If you're dying a ton it's probably your resists. You're going to want to start capping those now and definitely for when you get to maps. If you're having a tough time doing that the go-to crutch is Purity of Elements. You can rock one of those until you get your gear sorted. You don't really need to worry about farming gear during the campaign but once you get to maps and start filling out your atlas passive tree the simplest direction to go is Expedition. That league mechanic has a dude, Rog, that rolls gear for you. You do his expeditions, run his logbooks when they show up and then go sit by him and roll up a bunch of gear. He offers the highest item level bases he can offer once you're 90 but you can get shit off him before that.

Farming essences in white maps is normally good but you can't force a map this league to have three of them for 2c with the Kirac map device thing.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Couldn't hurt to farm some rares with HP/Res on them. Dont worry about evasion/armor. If you get a good HP + Dual/Triple resistances then 4-5 link it with some currency, that should get you decently far into maps. Or if you wanna be quick about it find something for a couple chaos to trade.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's the best way to farm shit so I can survive? I'm on the maps portion now and it's fucking rough.

I'm really flying blind here. Do I do any crafting? Just run random maps? This game is too complicated.

Untitled.png

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Presumably at this point you've found some raw chaos/alchemy drops, search for some gear on poe trade and just look for some cheap low chaos gear to fit those slots that you have garbage in. You can indeed "Farm some rares" but with all the loot you drown in its easy to get bogged down.

Alternatively, grab path of building as it has a built in "Best upgrade" search function that auto-plugs in PoE Trade and you can set the cap at 1c, 5c, 10 chaos whatever.

Edit: and no, the games not complicated. You can go to the last place you clear comfortably (act 7, 8 etc) without dying if you want to. If you are one shotting monsters but equally getting one shot, drop some of the damage and slot in some defensives (elemental resist definitely what you need lots more of).

Edit 2: League mechanic, one of the 3 people you can find in the forest has a second talent tree you chose from, farthest right node (which you can get immediately upon speccing to that specialty) has a +50% resist all helmet if you don't put any gems in your equipped one. Easy pile o' defensive there.