Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's not about cost, it's about tiering. Ralakesh, a t1 item, has the power of a t0. It's fine they are in the game but they shouldn't be as common as they are.

While we're at it there are about 5 t0s that should probably be 1s. (And lioneye should easily be a 3 or a 4, wtf is that shit item)

Yea this league exacerbates the unique flood but all those points still stand.

This league also exacerbates the general consensus about what is "too common". Ralakesh, in any other league, are fairly rare, even at T1.

Mageblood is 109div right now. Last league they were 380. So when you change an item like Ralakesh AND make it incredibly common in the same league you have an exponential problem on your hands. Nerfing it based on this leagues drop rates will feel terrible in future leagues.

That being said they probably should be T0, even though I hope that doesn't happen.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They're fine this league because this league is crazy but when it's over I'd prefer they were tossed in the same borrowed power bin as charms and tinctures.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm fine with their power being chucked into the T0 bin. I'm also fine with them staying in the T1 pool as a "lucky" T1 drop per say.

I'm also fine with them completely gutting every meta skill in the game and going back to rotating meta every league (or every few leagues to be fair). But they seem to not want to do that anymore.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they were designed and implemented from the get go as T0 than maybe but if you bounce them up next league that's going to piss off the rabble while also being just really lazy.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's not about cost, it's about tiering. Ralakesh, a t1 item, has the power of a t0. It's fine they are in the game but they shouldn't be as common as they are.

While we're at it there are about 5 t0s that should probably be 1s. (And lioneye should easily be a 3 or a 4, wtf is that shit item)

Yea this league exacerbates the unique flood but all those points still stand.

Mageblood and HH are not hard to get or rare in any sense. They are only gated by whether or not you win the rng lotto or you poopsock grind yourself a couple hundred divines. I've never once seen a league where there weren't shitloads of them all over trade just waiting for people to farm up the currency.

Once again, why should powerful items be only for the empyreans and other people who either play 20 hours a day or use group farming strats and dedicated traders etc. to get rich early, or win the rng lotto on a drop? That's a terrible approach to "balance" in an arpg. "You only get to be strong and feel strong and do hard content if you poopsock your way into 7000 divines, otherwise you can run white maps and ignore league mechanics with all the other plebs"

If the boots were 500 divs then suddenly they wouldn't be overpowered and one of the best boots in the game for almost any build? All of the complaints of "well I wanted to do this build but I just feel like a retard for not using ralakesh charge stacking and being x times as strong" fall away?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mageblood and HH are not hard to get or rare in any sense. They are only gated by whether or not you win the rng lotto or you poopsock grind yourself a couple hundred divines. I've never once seen a league where there weren't shitloads of them all over trade just waiting for people to farm up the currency.

Once again, why should powerful items be only for the empyreans and other people who either play 20 hours a day or use group farming strats and dedicated traders etc. to get rich early, or win the rng lotto on a drop? That's a terrible approach to "balance" in an arpg. "You only get to be strong and feel strong and do hard content if you poopsock your way into 7000 divines, otherwise you can run white maps and ignore league mechanics with all the other plebs"

If the boots were 500 divs then suddenly they wouldn't be overpowered and one of the best boots in the game for almost any build? All of the complaints of "well I wanted to do this build but I just feel like a retard for not using ralakesh charge stacking and being x times as strong" fall away?
I stopped after mageblood and HH aren't rare.

And i know you aren't referring to the league.

Khane

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Hey friends I thought this whole Adorned thing would be cool, so I did my research, bought the right "breakpoint" adorned for 6div sacrificing one breakpoint that would have cost me another 120div, then went about rolling my jewels.

And wouldn't you know it, RNG fucked me right in the ass. 10 out of 12 of the jewels I was rolling "bricked" into rare or unique. What the actual fuck? 10 out of fucking 12? Are you kidding me?

Fuck this game.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I stopped after mageblood and HH aren't rare.

And i know you aren't referring to the league.
Name one league where there haven't been hundreds of HH and mageblood on the trade sites after the first week. The literal only gate is how fast normies can farm up the 400 divs to buy them.

Still waiting to hear how it's "good balance design" too, to design content around streamers and rng lotto winners because "the item is (relatively) rare so it's fine that it's 1000x better than anything else in the game".

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
fight fighting GIF

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ralakesh are meta. Meta's ruin the fun of games. That's it. There's a bunch of shit like that, but never has so much power been so EASILY available. HH and Mageblood take luck or time and are a GOAL item to buy/find/gamble. Ralakesh's at T1 are too common, especially in this league, for what they give. Paired with a Badge of the Brotherhood (an item that hilariously goes from 3 div to 3c league to league) it's just fucking insane. If you play ANY class that can get any amount of charges easily you're penalizing yourself using anything but a build-enabling boot. WIth 0 investment these boots give you

150% crit
12% cast speed
12% attack speed
12% movement speed
12% MORE damage
12% All Res
12% Phys Damage Reduction

And that's before the boots stats itself. That's a lot. That's with 0 passive skill investment in charges. That's level 36 and slapping those fucks on your feet and ripping. You'd have to be be able to constantly generate at least 6 of the 9 charges to argue they aren't worth it. Throw in shit like PCoC support, endurance charge support, or icebite and you're just getting big free damage as well. On a level 36 item.

The second you start stacking 6+ frenzy/power charges they go so fucking hard itself insane. Every other boot, including onslaught tailwind elusive boots, aren't even looking that good. Eldritch implicits go to shit unless you're able to apply decent brittle reliably. It's fucking dumb.

Here's an experiment. Take any build that isn't reliant on some unique boot tech, add +3 frenzy charge max count, and compare Ralakesh boots to your current boots. You're probably doing big dps and not losing much even in terms of movement speed/resists. It's fucking dumb.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Nobody is crying. We try to have discussions in this thread on good faith and as usual you come in and fucking fling shit around like some retarded monkey.
"In good faith". I say that items shouldn't be balanced around only being able to be strong if they cost 500divs and only the cool kids get to use them, you call me a retard and don't even attempt to offer a counterpoint.

1-1266409857RRS3.jpg

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And here come the strawmans. Why do you always get like this after playing 2 weeks? Is that how long it takes you to realize youre fucking bad at the game? I think deep down the only person youre mad at in this thread is yourself.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ralakesh are meta. Meta's ruin the fun of games. That's it. There's a bunch of shit like that, but never has so much power been so EASILY available. HH and Mageblood take luck or time and are a GOAL item to buy/find/gamble. Ralakesh's at T1 are too common, especially in this league, for what they give. Paired with a Badge of the Brotherhood (an item that hilariously goes from 3 div to 3c league to league) it's just fucking insane. If you play ANY class that can get any amount of charges easily you're penalizing yourself using anything but a build-enabling boot. WIth 0 investment these boots give you

150% crit
12% cast speed
12% attack speed
12% movement speed
12% MORE damage
12% All Res
12% Phys Damage Reduction

And that's before the boots stats itself. That's a lot. That's with 0 passive skill investment in charges. That's level 36 and slapping those fucks on your feet and ripping. You'd have to be be able to constantly generate at least 6 of the 9 charges to argue they aren't worth it. Throw in shit like PCoC support, endurance charge support, or icebite and you're just getting big free damage as well. On a level 36 item.

The second you start stacking 6+ frenzy/power charges they go so fucking hard itself insane. Every other boot, including onslaught tailwind elusive boots, aren't even looking that good. Eldritch implicits go to shit unless you're able to apply decent brittle reliably. It's fucking dumb.

Here's an experiment. Take any build that isn't reliant on some unique boot tech, add +3 frenzy charge max count, and compare Ralakesh boots to your current boots. You're probably doing big dps and not losing much even in terms of movement speed/resists. It's fucking dumb.

There has been a meta every league since closed beta when it was spork totem mf builds, like I said in a previous post. "400 div magebloods are a goal" Sure, a virtually unattainable goal unless you are willing to punch yourself in the dick for hundreds of hours doing things you don't like to do.

Why does it matter that they are common? How does them being common affect your ability to play the game in any way shape or form, other than by making rare boots slightly less valuable (when everyone in this thread already assures me i'm a retard for ever picking up or attempting to craft a single rare item of any slot, boots or otherwise, repeatedly). How is the opportunity cost of not using the ralakesh boots any different than the opportunity cost of using a slightly less optimal skill or link setup (gems are basically free from the npc once you get to a6, how's that for cheap)?

Here's an experiment, take any build that isn't reliant on a specific belt mod, and throw in a mageblood with 4 flasks and let me know how big the difference is when you free up basically every affix on every slot of gear because you get 20% less damage taken of every element on top of 100+ all res, permanent buffed onslaught, free massively high level grace and determination gem equivalents, etc. and then throw in lets be modest and say 10 new affixes on your other gear (or uniques that you can use now because you don't need the resist rolls etc). Yes, mageblood costs more. So is there any argument other than elitism as to why it's ok for 500div items to be op but not something accessible to the masses?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is there any argument other than elitism as to why it's ok for 500div items to be op but not something accessible to the masses?
I'll bite. This is a philosophical design decision usually found in RPGs. Rarity and difficulty usually denotes power. Why not have every common item be over powered? Because the game would be boring and there would be no carrot on a stick.

Xevy

Log Wizard
1705804640064.png

This shit isn't okay and more of this isn't okay. You want everyone to use the same items in the same slots because it's undoubtedly better than every other option, go play D2.

To clarify that's 40% of 97k, not 97k total. So 36531 characters using Mageblood. Almost half. That's retarded. That's bad game design.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Nu-Harvest got nerfed for the same reason none of this is going core and why those boots are getting changed - power creep. There's nothing wrong with having a bananas juicer league. I hope no one that plays Path of Exile picked this league to skip because they'd be missing out. But you can't have this be the new baseline. We're basically ripping fat white rails every single time we enter the Wildwood and it's not healthy for the game long term. The kinds of encounters they'd have to design going forward to be challenging in this environment would not be a good time to engage with.