Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I believe that exact combo on full flask uptime pathfinder is as close to immortal as you can really get right now.

PB doesn't technically 'reserve' your life, so defiance is recovering 40% of your insanely huge max life pool on every hit, along with prognesis recovery, meaning that any hit that doesn't actually outright kill you through your absurd life pool + PB damage reduction actually cannot kill you and you'll recover basically all damage you take immediately.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I believe that exact combo on full flask uptime pathfinder is as close to immortal as you can really get right now.

PB doesn't technically 'reserve' your life, so defiance is recovering 40% of your insanely huge max life pool on every hit, along with prognesis recovery, meaning that any hit that doesn't actually outright kill you through your absurd life pool + PB damage reduction actually cannot kill you and you'll recover basically all damage you take immediately.
Yeah, that kind of setup I will agree is very strong. But I think it has to be on a PF with Master Surgeon as even DoD won't recover above half life?

Either way, all these profiles I've looked at with life stacking and petrified blood are reserving down to low life for bloodthirst support.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I was sitting in CaptainLance's stream and everyone starting talking about a very unfortunate event for the smuggest streamer in PoE.

Apparently, Snoobae forgot to turn his stream off after he planned to end and started squeezin the hog. I have no interest in verifying this for myself. Hearsay is all I'm willing to commit to this.

Maybe check poe stack to see if he logged his time.
Jesus go to bed and jerk off on your phone like a normal person

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah, that kind of setup I will agree is very strong. But I think it has to be on a PF with Master Surgeon as even DoD won't recover above half life?

Either way, all these profiles I've looked at with life stacking and petrified blood are reserving down to low life for bloodthirst support.

You don't need to recover above low life. The recovery happens over 4 seconds. Which creates an "infinite hp" loop when being constantly hit as long as you aren't getting one shot by a huge hit, and it would have to be a huge hit.

It's not dissimilar to using a Stasis prison with other recoup nodes to go above 100%. You recoup more than the damage you are taking and since it's essentially a HoT you end up in recovery loops that are equal to more than your actual hp.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You don't need to recover above low life. The recovery happens over 4 seconds. Which creates an "infinite hp" loop when being constantly hit as long as you aren't getting one shot by a huge hit, and it would have to be a huge hit.

It's not dissimilar to using a Stasis prison with other recoup nodes to go above 100%. You recoup more than the damage you are taking and since it's essentially a HoT you end up in recovery loops that are equal to more than your actual hp.
Wait...DoD recovery occurs over 4s? The builds I'm looking at have no recoup AFAIK, although I'll admit I wasn't specifically looking for that.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait...DoD recovery occurs over 4s? The builds I'm looking at have no recoup AFAIK, although I'll admit I wasn't specifically looking for that.

It's instant recovery. This video goes over it pretty well in how it all fits together, but the super simplified version is you're functionally 'immortal' in most mapping scenarios outside some truly absurd like 20k+ single hits.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, the only way you die is generally to Detonate Dead on stuff like Map Bosses/Beyond bosses. Lily ripped her farmer last league to a Harb spawning in Crimson Temple room and then DDing the boss on her. I've had a Defiance BV Chieftain since like day 7 or so this league and the only things that can kill me are damage pene mods from altars and or anything that takes my 90 all res down to less than 80 or even 75. I don't run a mageblood though and I'm not a Pathfinder so a Ruby flask + Cloak of Flames can go really hard with this build.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why don't they change mob DD to be like the Alira map boss where the corpses glow for a second before blowing up? Shit is pants on head retard. HC players are just masochist

• 1Like

Khane

Sorry I wasn't paying attention to the defiance of destiny. I thought it was just referring to recovery counterbalancing, PB and progenesis.

My computer is completely fucked at the moment, there is no other recovery at all? No leech, no regen?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry I wasn't paying attention to the defiance of destiny. I thought it was just referring to recovery counterbalancing, PB and progenesis.

My computer is completely fucked at the moment, there is no other recovery at all? No leech, no regen?
The ones I've been looking at definitely have leech and regen.

Khane

The ones I've been looking at definitely have leech and regen.

That's the answer then, petrified blood turns any ascendancy into a Slayer, even without charms/that which was taken. You are never at full life so leech effects never end early

And then combining that with defiance is a potent combo.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have a skill like Penance Brand that converts 50% of its phys to lightning, and you convert 100% to cold, is that 100% of the remaining 50%? Or does it override the skill? Or does it actually add on more damage?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's the answer then, petrified blood turns any ascendancy into a Slayer, even without charms/that which was taken. You are never at full life so leech effects never end early
I get that. I'm looking for a way I can quantify how powerful DoD + PB is compared to other defensive setups.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you have a skill like Penance Brand that converts 50% of its phys to lightning, and you convert 100% to cold, is that 100% of the remaining 50%? Or does it override the skill? Or does it actually add on more damage?

The conversion direction is phys - lighting - cold - fire - chaos. Penance Brand does 100% phys, converts half to lightning so it's 50/50. If you're doing physical to cold conversion even if it is 100% that doesn't matter because half is already lightning. You can convert everything to lightning and then convert almost everything to cold after and then dip damage at each step but it usually eats your rings which either matters or it doesn't.

• 1Like

Khane

I get that. I'm looking for a way I can quantify how powerful DoD + PB is compared to other defensive setups.

Well, that IS how you quantify it. It's especially good in evasion setups because of how evasion functions.

DoD itself is basically a "catch all" for bad RNG moments. Where the typical recovery scenarios fail because the damage was too immediate.

Re reading my original comment I think I need to go to bed early because you guys were clearly discussing it specifically. But the defensive setup makes a lot of sense when you think of it as an RNG buffer rather than just the primary layer of recovery.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The conversion direction is phys - lighting - cold - fire - chaos. Penance Brand does 100% phys, converts half to lightning so it's 50/50. If you're doing physical to cold conversion even if it is 100% that doesn't matter because half is already lightning. You can convert everything to lightning and then convert almost everything to cold after and then dip damage at each step but it usually eats your rings which either matters or it doesn't.
Still confused. There was a really good video I remember watching back in the day but can't seem to find it. So if I had 100% cold conversion and PB did 100 damage, it would do 50 lightning damage, as well as as 100 cold damage?

Edit: nm found it, 60 minutes long. No wonder I don't remember shit.

Khane

The wiki actually has really good info on most of this stuff as well.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Khane Khane Penance Penance

Did A10 Kitava, 3 labs, level 61 in 2 hours 50 minutes with bombarding clones. It was a deadeye, so gale force definitely helps in terms of speed. But almost no synergy for minion damage. Would like to slot a bit more dps(without using an AG), stuff doesn't die fast enough towards then end, but almost every twink leveling build runs into that issue(or they're too squishy). I was running haste and determination.

Absolute best? Probably not. I could probably get it down to 2.5 hours with some practice. What did that Travic guy do?

• 1Mother of God

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can somebody riddle me this batman? I've tried looking this up and people on the forum are saying its a bug but I think its something else

The Dark Marionette tech with Blessing/Aura. I keep losing my pet. I think its because I'm dying when my pet is in "respawn" mode but I haven't totally tested yet. I've spent damn near 3 divine replacing this pet and Penance Brand scales so ridiculously hard with cast speed I'd love to have the haste aura, even if its on demand for a few seconds.

On the forum they say the pet doesn't respawn when it dies via degen aura. Haven't tested if this is true.