Path of Exile

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
ugh, just went back to 0% on lvl 93 because I missed the "reflect physical dmg" on this map :S

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This is my current scuffed still-leveling str stacking setup

The way the fissures auto-seek enemies after your initial target location leads to some truly hilarious levels of screen clear as 2-3 of them are just flowing around the screen targeting anything that's still alive. You probably don't get quite the offscreen potential that lightning arrow has, but I don't think any other gem with the melee tag could ever come close to the coverage it has.

You're roughly correct about the number of hits on the fissure>impact site and its subsequent additional fissures. My ultimate end goal is to set up an elder influenced mace with the increased AE per 50 str mod and see if I can get the explosions to be large enough to really pump up the amount of overlap that happens. Sadly this being a str stack setup there's no real way for me to mess with quality, as both the chest and amulet slots are pretty hard locked in to the str stack plan.

I did some PoBing myself, Brutus Lead Sprinkler because I'm a miser and don't like investing in builds until they feel good.

I actually have some free gem sockets, I think that's a first this league. Not sure what to put in besides some low value shit like Momentum on Leap Slam.

I'm concerned about spell defense. I try to get max resists, spell suppression, or spell block in almost every build I play. I can't seem to fit any of that in this one.

Those are the PoB red flags I see so far, haven't tried the skill itself yet.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I did some PoBing myself, Brutus Lead Sprinkler because I'm a miser and don't like investing in builds until they feel good.

I actually have some free gem sockets, I think that's a first this league. Not sure what to put in besides some low value shit like Momentum on Leap Slam.

I'm concerned about spell defense. I try to get max resists, spell suppression, or spell block in almost every build I play. I can't seem to fit any of that in this one.

Those are the PoB red flags I see so far, haven't tried the skill itself yet.

Yea there's just no way to make suppress or spellblock happen on str stack setups sadly, which is why you see everyone go for unbreakble over unyielding lest you just explode to spell damage. That of course also means you wanna hit ~50k armor or so which is even more points and means finding some sources of AE elsewhere.

• 1Solidarity

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Definitely farthest I have been in a league - Juggernaut Boneshatter (followed the guide from Boneshatter Juggernaut League Starter 3.23 - POE Maxroll.gg).
Some highlights:
1. Learned how to use Path of Building so I could understand what my skills were helping with and testing upgrades on gear
2. At 99/115 on the Atlas and can clear maps fairly well as long as I check for certain insta kill modifiers (reflect physical damage can blow my ass)
3. For my Atlas - I have been following a "starter" guide - and starting to realize I don't care for Expedition. Bummer I spent points in it but at least I know now what nodes are crucial (map sustain) and what nodes are preferential (league mechanics).
4. Just realized there is a "Maven" and "eater of worlds" button on my atlas, going to start clicking those and jamming shit - or getting my shit jammed I guess.

What I am questioning:
I am following a guide and they show the preferred gear early game, mid game, and end game. At first, getting to the early game gear was cheap - nothing about 30 chaos for an upgrade. Now that I am at mid/end game, when I put that gear into POE trade, it is MUCH more expensive (divine+) and sometimes it is expensive for shit that isn't exactly what I want.
My assumption is at this point, I can either (a) farm currency to buy that gear, (b) learn how to craft, or (c) swap to a different build.
I think learning how to craft would be a good exercise and help expand my skillset. I am hesitant about swapping to a different build because I know how to do the campaign, early maps, early upgrades, etc. but obviously I am not good at mid game/end game and moving up.

Sorry for the blog, but I would be highly appreciative of any advice. Awesome game.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Definitely farthest I have been in a league - Juggernaut Boneshatter (followed the guide from Boneshatter Juggernaut League Starter 3.23 - POE Maxroll.gg).
Some highlights:
1. Learned how to use Path of Building so I could understand what my skills were helping with and testing upgrades on gear
2. At 99/115 on the Atlas and can clear maps fairly well as long as I check for certain insta kill modifiers (reflect physical damage can blow my ass)
3. For my Atlas - I have been following a "starter" guide - and starting to realize I don't care for Expedition. Bummer I spent points in it but at least I know now what nodes are crucial (map sustain) and what nodes are preferential (league mechanics).
4. Just realized there is a "Maven" and "eater of worlds" button on my atlas, going to start clicking those and jamming shit - or getting my shit jammed I guess.

What I am questioning:
I am following a guide and they show the preferred gear early game, mid game, and end game. At first, getting to the early game gear was cheap - nothing about 30 chaos for an upgrade. Now that I am at mid/end game, when I put that gear into POE trade, it is MUCH more expensive (divine+) and sometimes it is expensive for shit that isn't exactly what I want.
My assumption is at this point, I can either (a) farm currency to buy that gear, (b) learn how to craft, or (c) swap to a different build.
I think learning how to craft would be a good exercise and help expand my skillset. I am hesitant about swapping to a different build because I know how to do the campaign, early maps, early upgrades, etc. but obviously I am not good at mid game/end game and moving up.

Sorry for the blog, but I would be highly appreciative of any advice. Awesome game.

That's the build I'm using too. How are you finding rage generation? I had to put rage support gem on boneshatter because the cwdt warlord mark wasn't giving rage on unique mobs (are they mark immune?)

• 1Hodjing

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's the build I'm using too. How are you finding rage generation? I had to put rage support gem on boneshatter because the cwdt warlord mark wasn't giving rage on unique mobs (are they mark immune?)

I don't know if it's because i convert to fire damage so maybe i don't stun enough but as a person who'd never played a trauma (e.g. boneshatter but i did dual strike of ambidexterity with trauma support) build before it kind of surprised me how ass cwdt+ warlord's mark felt as a rage generator. Because it's a pretty popular suggestion/build inclusion.

In my case i swapped out warlords mark for assassin's mark and got rage with the new Ravenous Passion helmet for pretty much permanent berserk even if the actual rage does nothing but move speed now. Ravenous helmet actually procs a lot because on top of just normal attack, cwdt mark + curse drains mana like crazy. I do have leech and Battle rouse (recoup 10% of damage taken as mana) to solve mana though.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any graveyard autists in here that can help? I want to craft a grafting mail that has the xoph and tul modifiers on them for overcapping armor. Is there a strat for that? For some reason these are listed for 2 mirrors on trade

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also sorta related - what’s the best way to roll 35% increased effect on small cluster jewels? For armor stacker build

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Any graveyard autists in here that can help? I want to craft a grafting mail that has the xoph and tul modifiers on them for overcapping armor. Is there a strat for that? For some reason these are listed for 2 mirrors on trade

Grasping mails made in the graveyard can only ever have 1 of the special breach affixes, which is why anything you're seeing with 2+ mods costs mirrors - they had to get those from spamming the 60 ring turn-in and then fracturing/crafting them as best they can.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also sorta related - what’s the best way to roll 35% increased effect on small cluster jewels? For armor stacker build
No clue on graveyard stuff really but are you sure grasping mail graveyard craft can get exclusive grasping mail mods? Honest question because i don't know. But i'm doubtful because you can't 5 to 1 them and still get the mods, it only works 1 time when you turn in 60 breach rings and identify that.

For these jewels there's basically 3 methods but i can't imagine anything being better than fracturing the 35% with fracturing orbs being this "cheap". According to craft of exile rolling with fossils + exalt slam is around the same price (15-17 div) per 35% + introspection but you can't perfect it/keep rolling untill you also get good suffixes and alt+regal is soul crushing.

I should mention that when i mention the price according to craft of exile thats with 3 fossils, shuddering, pristine and dense which it says should be cheapest.

Can paste this code in
1714162661453.png
under simulation on Craft of exile if you wanna simulate the same fossil simulation i did.

{"settings":{"bgroup":12,"base":"204","bitem":0,"ilvl":100,"rarity":"normal","influences":null,"eldritch":null,"catalysts":null,"quality":20,"corrupted":0,"destroyed":0},"data":{"fmodpool":null,"eldritch":null,"dominance":null,"mtypes":null,"implicits":null,"rollable_implicits":0,"cmodpool":null,"hmodpool":null,"maxaffgrp":{"prefix":2,"suffix":2},"is_rare":1,"is_fossil":1,"is_craftable":0,"is_influenced":0,"is_essence":0,"is_catalyst":0,"is_notable":1,"unique_notable":1,"iaffixes":[],"meta_flags":{},"imprint":null,"enchant":"","iaffbt":{"prefix":0,"suffix":0},"cmaxaffgrp":{"prefix":0,"suffix":0},"mgrpdata":null,"affbymgrp":null,"veiledmods":null},"config":[{"method":["fossil","|15|5|12|"],"mopts":null,"autopass":false,"filters":[{"type":"and","treshold":2,"conds":[{"id":"3933","treshold":1,"max":null,"base":null},{"id":"236","treshold":1,"max":null,"base":null}]}],"vfilter":[],"actions":{"win":"end","win_route":null,"fail":"step","fail_route":"2"}},{"method":["check"],"mopts":null,"autopass":false,"filters":[{"type":"and","treshold":2,"conds":[{"id":"open_prefix","treshold":1,"max":null,"base":null},{"id":"236","treshold":1,"max":null,"base":null}]}],"vfilter":[],"actions":{"win":"next","win_route":null,"fail":"restart","fail_route":null}},{"method":["currency","exalted"],"mopts":null,"autopass":false,"filters":[{"type":"and","treshold":2,"conds":[{"id":"3933","treshold":1,"max":null,"base":null},{"id":"236","treshold":1,"max":null,"base":null}]}],"vfilter":[],"actions":{"win":"next","win_route":null,"fail":"restart","fail_route":null}}],"flow":{"split":0,"into":"2","layout":{"0":{"w":"a","f":"a"},"1":{"w":"a","f":"a"},"2":{"w":"a","f":"a"}}},"states":{"init":{"rarity":"normal","dominance":null,"influences":null,"meta":null},"current":{"rarity":null,"dominance":null,"influences":null,"meta":null},"states":[{"rarity":"normal","dominance":null,"influences":null,"meta":null}]},"results":null,"items":null}

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So when I said I'd go EK since I already had a EK Replica DF, and thought I'd be saving, and nobody stopped me like lol moron EK is expensive. That was cool.

EK is fun but man it requires investment to feel good.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Will try n post a POB later but curious what I should work on first to increase my dmg.

I was able to beat Lycia in a T17 map without too much trouble. (I did use the extra portal scarab but only died 3x).

But I also had the "pact of union" mod or whatever for regular / rare mobs, and jesus it was super slow kills. Guess I'm just trying to gauge the next few steps I can take without going broke. Have like 500+ chaos and 40 divs. Will post my POB as soon as I can, but appreciate any and all help.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea there's just no way to make suppress or spellblock happen on str stack setups sadly, which is why you see everyone go for unbreakble over unyielding lest you just explode to spell damage. That of course also means you wanna hit ~50k armor or so which is even more points and means finding some sources of AE elsewhere.
Did some self poison testing, thought you might be interested in the results.

The base area of the skill seems to be equal to 1/0 blade blast. I counteracted 50% more aoe on the skill with a conc effect and blood and sand in blood stance.

If you aim behind the target, you can get 3 hits reliably. If you aim near the target so that only the first eruption hits(and not the first travel), you get 3 hits. This is not counting some of the latter hits traveling back for extra hits.

No amount of aoe really seems to help in terms of single target. It was pretty easy to get 3 hits even with reduced aoe. Makes me think the endurance charge branch just isn't worth it.

For shits and giggles, it will travel through frostwall.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
See if this looks okay - still not confident messing with POB but I probably should get better at it. Would help me not have to bother you guys :(

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
See if this looks okay - still not confident messing with POB but I probably should get better at it. Would help me not have to bother you guys :(

Also not sure how to make resistances show or my pantheon.

Happy to have my 5th map slot though!

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So in the interest of gaining damage without an insane investment, is it smart to try and max ele / chaos resists on ONE ring so I can use the other for crit multi and such? A lot of my gear is deoendant on certain stats like resists / int / str that makes it really tough to find an upgrade that wont fuck me over.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Did some self poison testing, thought you might be interested in the results.

The base area of the skill seems to be equal to 1/0 blade blast. I counteracted 50% more aoe on the skill with a conc effect and blood and sand in blood stance.

If you aim behind the target, you can get 3 hits reliably. If you aim near the target so that only the first eruption hits(and not the first travel), you get 3 hits. This is not counting some of the latter hits traveling back for extra hits.

No amount of aoe really seems to help in terms of single target. It was pretty easy to get 3 hits even with reduced aoe. Makes me think the endurance charge branch just isn't worth it.

For shits and giggles, it will travel through frostwall.

Interesting if the AE scaling doesn't actually enable any further overlaps. Actually crafting an elder mace with the mod + relevant crit/attack speed is a huge pain in the dick, so if it can just be skipped that takes a lot of pressure off the gear.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Interesting if the AE scaling doesn't actually enable any further overlaps. Actually crafting an elder mace with the mod + relevant crit/attack speed is a huge pain in the dick, so if it can just be skipped that takes a lot of pressure off the gear.
I'm sure you can get 4+ with some amount of aoe and boss arena. I was testing on kuduku, which is relatively open for this skill. The question is whether it's worth it. Wish I had tested this last league.

Aoe might help with clear? Or it might hurt? Idk, the targeting was weird. I think the skill won't target anything that was hit by the travel portion of the previous eruption.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm sure you can get 4+ with some amount of aoe and boss arena. I was testing on kuduku, which is relatively open for this skill. The question is whether it's worth it. Wish I had tested this last league.

Aoe might help with clear? Or it might hurt? Idk, the targeting was weird. I think the skill won't target anything that was hit by the travel portion of the previous eruption.

Yea I mean if having +300% AE from an elder club isn't reliably giving you 4 hits then its just flash worse than a replica frostbreath, so that really makes it an easy decision, especially considering how awful the crafting process would be.