Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
My favorite part was how fast the build felt since I zipped around maps crazy fast which I wasn't used to after playing a bunch of slower moving builds like my summoner on HC before 2.0 hit. Also the spell effects flying everywhere.

I was using a 1h sword ele build (similar to an ele buzzsaw build) and molten strike for my single target. I did get absolutely demolished by a corrupting blood yellow rock golem in a lvl 68 map and i'm still not sure why the corrupting blood crushed me as badly as it did since my ice crash duelist regen'd through it way easier (altho the duelist never got 15+ stacks) but it was mostly poor play by me other than the massive damage it was dealing (ran out of staunching flasks and didn't get enough charges when the mob died to get another use out of one). Other than that silly incident, the build was performing quite well IMO.

The biggest thing I think you have to look out for in builds is what league the people are doing them on and what kind of investment they require (unless you're not playing on one of the temp leagues) since you more than likely don't have access to the soul taker + crown of eyes from the one build or a 300pdps claw like the other one. If you're already established and can afford to get the requisite items then i'm sure they are good guides. I've always preferred to only use guides as loose guides, mostly to see what kind of links people are using and why, and maybe a quick glance at the passive tree. The passive tree builds I use on pretty much any of my characters are probably not "ideal" but I take a lot of nodes to plug holes as necessary while gearing/levelling, or just because I want them even though it might not be min/maxed to the extreme (for instance i've had a lot of people ask me wtf i'm thinking when I show them some of my passive trees and they see resistance nodes/etc. even though they make it way easier/cheaper to overcap resists enough that you're still capped when cursed and open up room for anything else you might need on gear like stats or chaos res etc.).

I was using scion. First thing I did was snag all the jewel sockets right around the start, then I headed through the life wheel and over to the marauder/templar area and took the big line up/down between the two health/accuracy branches for the health nodes, snagged the melee damage/aspd above the templar ones, then headed left from templar over into the elemental damage/weapon ele damage nodes, then into the big wheel on the left with the ele damages, penetrations and the other status effect node (10% for all 3 status effects between that one and the one with resists right there) then fleshed out some more of the hp clusters in that area. I snatched up the berserk nodes somewhere along the way for the big attack speed boost. I'm fairly sure I also went down to the duelist start and snatched up the weapon range through the 3 life nodes and then the armor movement penalty node. I can't remember what else I had really, if you're interested in how i'd actually finish it out tho I can fill out like a 95 pt tree on the planner.

My setup was:
Wild Strike - Multistrike - weapon ele damage - life gain on hit (i'm pretty sure I had this in the whole way but maybe I swapped it out at some point) - added cold once I got my 5th link (I tested pretty much all the possible 5th links and the best dps gain was from added cold, with innervate being a very close competitor, maybe even better with the additional shock chance but I was clearing packs super fast anyways)

Single Target (bosses/solo yellow mobs): Molten Strike - Multistrike - life gain on hit - lesser multiple projectiles

Mobility: Whirling blades - fortify - faster attacks

cwdt: (I wasn't using but this is what i would've): cwdt - molten shell - immortal call - increased duration

Auras: Arctic Armor - Herald of Ice - Herald of Thunder big damage boost, nice defensive boost, chilled ground. Arctic armor and herald of ice go in weapon or shield with whirling blades in the other one since they both only require 3links or less.
Herald of thunder goes in a 4link with: Herald of Thunder - curse on hit - poachers mark - I forget what my 4th link was... maybe I only had the 3.

Anyways, that's way more than I intended to write but maybe you or someone else will try out ele wild strike (I still have no clue why so many people on the forums are claiming it scales best with physical weapons/damage).

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Someone said in guild chat that he really wanted premium stash tabs a couple of days ago - I told him it would come this weekend. Looks like I'm psychic?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I decided on a Shadow Wild Strike Dagger + Shield setup. So far so good. Got my guy to 32 last night. Though when leveling my Murauder daggers rained from the sky and now leveling my Shadow 2H maces are raining from the sky. Fuckin rng.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
If anyone wants to pay USD for exalts on Warband, shoot me a PM. The website rates are highway robbery.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish I had more time to play.
frown.png
frown.png

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Feel free to add me, IGN: dridalon. Got 4 stash tabs of uniques just taking up space along with tons of other crap.

Chris

Potato del Grande
3 levels off Righteous Fire, hyped!

I love the nightmare fuel of Act 5, just wish it was longer - maybe more outdoor stuff since the Dried Lake felt very Diablo 2 and I wanted more of that, the mines were great and long enough. I think the dream zones were a bit of a cop out story/designwise, the volcano was great and should have just been physically in the mines but the area was boring and should have been cut for something else.

WTF was The Beast and how do we get more acts if it's now dead? I heard they have plans for 10.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I really wish they had more outdoor maps that were brighter. Channel and Desert are awesome but everything else is pretty much in caves.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anybody has any experience dealing with GGG support ? I haven't played since the 1M leagues ended and yesterday when I tried to log in, I find my account unlinked from Steam (gave me locked account error), login and password do not match, but the interesting thing is that somebody apparently made a new account using my throwaway email and password 3 days prior with lvl 1 ranger... Digging deeper I found an email from 2 years ago about a login from Chengdu, Sichuan, China.

I never had any interesting items, but losing the $20 I spent on stash tabs is annoying

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Always heard good things about GGG support so email them all the info. What else do you have to lose?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well yeah, I already did that, but they mentioned it taking days and I'm thinking whether I should just make a new account in the meantime since I kinda want to play right now, but if they get back to me before the weekend, I can wait.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
3 levels off Righteous Fire, hyped!

I love the nightmare fuel of Act 5, just wish it was longer - maybe more outdoor stuff since the Dried Lake felt very Diablo 2 and I wanted more of that, the mines were great and long enough. I think the dream zones were a bit of a cop out story/designwise, the volcano was great and should have just been physically in the mines but the area was boring and should have been cut for something else.

WTF was The Beast and how do we get more acts if it's now dead? I heard they have plans for 10.
Agreed A4 was overall pretty satisfying, would have been even better if there had been another outdoor zone or two after Dried Lake. Neither of the dream zones impressed me at all especially Daresso's shit just feels extremely shoddy and tacked on. A couple of corridors and the same arena copy pasted 3-4 times maybe rotated 45 degrees, whee.