Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chris just added a few patch notes:

Searing Bond damage has been increased by 10%. It now grants an additional totem without drawbacks.
Tornado Shot's base damage has been increased by a flat 10% at all levels.
Ice Shot's chilled ground duration is now 1.5 seconds at all levels.
The number of additional arrows that Split Arrow grants at level 20 has been reduced from 8 to 6. It still starts at four additional arrows at level 1, with the levels in between interpolated.
Frost Blades has been improved from 2 additional projectiles at all levels to 4 additional projectiles at level 1 and 7 additional projectiles at level 20. It has also been increased from +14 weapon range at all levels to +18 weapon range at level 1 and +21 weapon range at level 20. It now gains 1% projectile speed per level after the first (19% at Level 20) and its base projectile speed has been increased by 25%.
Burning Arrow's base damage has been increased from 130% to 150% at level 1 and 160.4% to 184.2% at level 20.
Ground Slam now gains increased area of effect radius of 1% for each level after the first.
The Unique Jewel, Chill of Corruption, now has 50% chance to gain an additional Vaal Soul per enemy shattered, down from 80%.
Serrated Arrow Quivers now drop at level 5 and have a level requirement of 5.
Skills which detonate corpses (such as Detonate Dead, Abyssal Cry and Infernal Blow) have had their radius increased by 22%.
Righteous Fire's radius has been increased by 60%.
Storm Call's radius has been increased by 25%
Glacial Cascade's radius has been increased by 25%.
Ice Shot's radius has been increased by 9%.
Sweep's radius has been reduced by 8%.
Might have to do old faithful and use tornado shot for challenges with a point blank + puncture trap.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Never done a dual totem build. And with the new buff to arc I'm thinking of going templar dual crit arc totem. They also buffed lightning ball, so if arc fails me like I think it probably will, it'll be time to make another OP lightning balls char.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One totem build that sounded potentially interesting was dual Flame Surge+Searing Bond totem. Searing Bond can be used for free now so you can have 3 totems, and Searing Bond will burn everything so both Flame Surge totems can do full damage(which was buffed and was kinda high already). Wonder how it'd turn out, Flame Surge aoe is pretty shit but the damage output of dual Flame Surge might be nice. I guess technically you could do that with fire trap before too but this is more focused since your searing bond totem benefits from totem nodes.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
One totem build that sounded potentially interesting was dual Flame Surge+Searing Bond totem. Searing Bond can be used for free now so you can have 3 totems, and Searing Bond will burn everything so both Flame Surge totems can do full damage(which was buffed and was kinda high already). Wonder how it'd turn out, Flame Surge aoe is pretty shit but the damage output of dual Flame Surge might be nice. I guess technically you could do that with fire trap before too but this is more focused since your searing bond totem benefits from totem nodes.
that was my build for next season.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Youll have next to no AoE, it will play terribly.

If your going to insist on it, Id leave myself in a place where I could play tri searing bond totems for everything that isnt a boss. Luckily scaling Searing Bond doesnt take much. 3 links and a +2-3 fire weapon is all it needs (searing bond - that new less duration more dot damage gem - increased burning which is replaced by an empower when possible). The bad news is that a weapon to do that will really kill the flame surge damage which almost makes it not worthwhile to run flame surge at all and just run the searing bond totems.

I think we'll find that Searing Bond is the dark horse in this league. It wasn't bad before and they added 10% extra damage and gave it a 'more' multiplier support. Basically the new flame totem this league for people who don't want to put in a lot of effort to make a good character.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Could use Geoffri to do a +1 4L setup which probably would be enough to make it decent and leave the weapon for Flame Surge.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Forum - Announcements - Talisman Challenges and Upcoming Items! - Path of Exile
New challenges, hold onto your buttcheeks, since some of these are borderline retarded. Zana lvl 8, 12 sets of divination cards to hand in, clearing up to tier 15 maps with specific mod, ID'ing all the new uniques, ID'ing 4 of t1 uniques, running a new unique map received from trading in 4 staves of crazy rarity...

Like I know you need to do 28/32 for the full set, but some of these are plain impossible for anyone playing casually.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I have never played this game before but I started dabbling with it last weekend. Is it worth it for a new player to start with the Talisman season thing or just roll with the standard game for my first character?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think Talisman is going to be better, when the league ends you will be moved to standard anyway and the new league offers the latest and greatest features.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fucking PoE, they revealed a new jewel
SkelemageJewel.jpg

Now I'm wondering if I should play summoner again.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
That's pretty cool, I have no idea how good it will end up being but shit like this is just neat.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Probably not great but interesting stuff, I like those treshold jewels changing specific skills like uniques but without fucking up your inventory.

Caliane

yeah thats really cool.

wonder what effect that has for support use. meaning, meleesplash, etc for skels.. skel mages would use?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I haven't done my summoner in a long time, but I remember skeletons always being kind of shit and something you just stuck on a spell totem to distract mobs. Zombies or spectres were the good pets. Has that changed? I just see a lot of excitement on forums about skeletal mages and I don't really get it. A different skin on a bad skill?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Skeletons are kinda shit, but a large reason of that is how fucking slow they are and how squishy they are, so half the time you summon them directly in melee range of stuff and they die before they get a hit off or stuff moves out of the way and they don't hit shit, it's a pain. Mages on the other hand don't have either of these issues, you summon them far from the enemies since they're ranged and they don't have to move to attack. And the damage output of skeletons isn't too bad and was buffed in 2.0, they removed the low damage efficiency on them iirc so they fully benefit from auras and shit.

You would need 2 of these jewels I think so you can have 6mages, and obviously you'd still have your zombies and probably spectres for this type of build, but now you have a new kinda interesting skill you can use after you're done cursing. Can link it on spectre links since it's likely they'll be using projectiles so they'll benefit from similar supports as spectres. Note that spectres themselves were buffed a bit(and have a bigger buff coming once they unlock Necromancer but that's in a while).

I don't think it'll be super good, but it's interesting for spectre summoners and might be worth using because why not. Also we don't really know what skele mages are in the end, maybe they're just the normal skeletons like in Vaal pyramid, or maybe they're a lot better. They gave zombies a proc that makes them do aoe. Maybe they gave skele mage a proc too, or maybe skele mages have normal move speed and last longer so they act more like normal summons. Hell maybe they don't even despawn, think about that, they could just be like zombies/spectres and be permanent.

Mostly it's exciting because summoners don't really get much new stuff very often. They added golems with Awakening but they're super boring and everyone uses them too so it doesn't feel like a summoner thing, they're not that powerful even in a summoner build and shit. The uniques rarely change summoner stuff either, they just make existing shit better, like the staff they're also adding that buffs your minions based on the minions you have, it's neat but realistically it doesn't change shit. So any change is welcomed, and a lot of people play summoners if only to farm currency at the start of new leagues.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
The challenges look hard but I wanna give it a go. It was too easy to get golden seraph but this might be too hard... We will see =P It's a long league, after all