Path of Exile

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I mean, or they could give you a couple of full tree respecs while leveling to make the game more accessible. I've never hit cap in this game and that is one of the reasons. It's not even a cash grab, there is literally no reason to not give people a weekly reset or 3 for completing the story or whatever. Like it makes no sense.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I mean, or they could give you a couple of full tree respecs while leveling to make the game more accessible. I've never hit cap in this game and that is one of the reasons. It's not even a cash grab, there is literally no reason to not give people a weekly reset or 3 for completing the story or whatever. Like it makes no sense.
That would IMO go against the type of game they want to keep making, while I agree a respec would be nice and keep me playing longer I am clearly not their target audience.

Caliane

scion ascedancy class released. its crazy. choose your own OP.

Doesnt seem super well balanced. some of the trees, have all the core elements that make the classes good, others not.

Ranger Pathfinder vs Scion pathfinder for example. Scion is missing the key Master surgeon.

AND.
.... if you use a classes ascendacy.. you can skip to that classes starter location in the passive tree.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Let the theory crafting begin! Think I'm still sticking with maurader juggernaught though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
scion ascedancy class released. its crazy. choose your own OP.

Doesnt seem super well balanced. some of the trees, have all the core elements that make the classes good, others not.

Ranger Pathfinder vs Scion pathfinder for example. Scion is missing the key Master surgeon.

AND.
.... if you use a classes ascendacy.. you can skip to that classes starter location in the passive tree.
I don't knw, some of these are definitely great, some others not so much, and you lose on a lot of potential. You also lose a large amount of passives from all the minor nodes in other ascendency, while for Scion you get +40stat(lol) and +1skill point, which isn't very good. You also can only take the start of another class if you put 2points past the Ascendency, meaning you can't take another subclass, which tbh sounds like a complete garbage, since it's likely you'd be close to the starting area of the class you're mimicking in the first place(if you do a caster, you probably take witch/templar/sin ascendency, and also nodes in those areas for elemental damage/cast speed etc which would put you close to their start anyway). You'd be way better off getting one more subclass node than save like 5-10skillpoints, because it's unlikely you could make use of those skill points in a way that'd give you similar power as the subclass nodes.

Does sound pretty cool and will definitely see a lot of Scion minmaxing shit, but I don't know if it'll be OP compared to pure classes, at least I doubt it'll be for every type of build(probably for some though, you can get immunity to stun at full end charges or 10% on hit to get fortify which both sounds very strong defensively).

Ryanz

<Banned>
Labyrinth looks about as gimmicky and boring as I suspected. I don't think it goes well within an arpg type game. Game should be about slaying large packs of mobs, not tip toeing around traps.

HUH_sl

shitlord
I played this shit for a bit when it was first released but dropped it for a number of reasons. Bored and have a ARPG itch so I might it up again, had some questions.

Should I just wait for the new xpac or whatever Ascendancy is to drop or will it not matter?

Is the game still feel clunky as hell and filled with sync problems? Not expecting D3 levels of smoothness but when I played it was like playing Diablo 1. And every death I had while playing HC was a result from desyncing and that shit makes me sad.

Does trading still basically require 3rd party sites and programs to be feasible? Can you progress fine without trading? Last time I tried to play I hit a giant brick wall because I never had the skill gems I wanted or the proper items with the proper sockets. I would never find upgrades because it would either have the right sockets and the wrong stats or the right stats but the wrong sockets. Trying to farm for shit with an unpowered character with skills you don't like wasn't fun.

They added Whirlwind right as I quit, did they ever add Strafe from D2. I fucking loved strafe from D2 and always thought it would work well in PoE.

Caliane

Skill gems are much easier now. you can buy most skills right from the vendor. but, its still based on class. so not EVERY gem, just ones typical for a class. which in some cases, means you will need to trade, get drops, or have an alt to buy. Guild is very helpful for this, since usually someone can buy the gem you want for you. and stick in the guild bank.

trading. 3rd party stuff still yeah.

progress without trades. yes. .. some builds better then others for this though. again, guild can often help with this as well.

Barrage is strafe. thats older then ww/cyclone I think..
(edit. nope. 1.03 for barrage, .10.3 for cyclone.)

Barrage - Path of Exile Wiki

5 days to ascendary... yeah. you can log in now. get reacquainted with the game. then be ready for all the new shit with the expac. but yeah. league wipe very soon.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just wait and play the new leagues. Old leagues are always dead the first month of new leagues. Starts like what, in 3days or whatever? Maybe it's friday not sure.

Desync is mostly gone unless your internet is really garbage(can't do much about that really). They added a new mode that basically removes 99% of the desync issues.

Trading is still shit, although they announced some new stuff coming for it, a bit for Ascendency launch and more later. You can progress fine until really really lategame without trading/with minimal trading(like buying weapons every 15levels kind of shit). Skill gems are way easier to get now cause most of them are on vendors, so you just buy shit. It's still class specific, so for some, you have to go to town and ask someone to buy them for you but generally takes 10secs to find someone who's not afk who'll do it.

Not sure what strafe in D2 was so can't really say. I assume it's not like the D3 one? They haven't added a lot of crazy shit though, it's fairly basic stuff, like new types of projectile spells and various radius aoe melees and ranged skills that do aoe in some areas but not others, shit like that, but not stuff similar to Cyclone(whirlwind).

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I don't knw, some of these are definitely great, some others not so much, and you lose on a lot of potential. You also lose a large amount of passives from all the minor nodes in other ascendency, while for Scion you get +40stat(lol) and +1skill point, which isn't very good. You also can only take the start of another class if you put 2points past the Ascendency, meaning you can't take another subclass, which tbh sounds like a complete garbage, since it's likely you'd be close to the starting area of the class you're mimicking in the first place(if you do a caster, you probably take witch/templar/sin ascendency, and also nodes in those areas for elemental damage/cast speed etc which would put you close to their start anyway). You'd be way better off getting one more subclass node than save like 5-10skillpoints, because it's unlikely you could make use of those skill points in a way that'd give you similar power as the subclass nodes.

Does sound pretty cool and will definitely see a lot of Scion minmaxing shit, but I don't know if it'll be OP compared to pure classes, at least I doubt it'll be for every type of build(probably for some though, you can get immunity to stun at full end charges or 10% on hit to get fortify which both sounds very strong defensively).
Scion seems to enable a lot of builds that would not be possible with any other class as the other classes are stuck with their neighbors on the tree. I'm not sure how super good it is but I figured out that with Scion you can do the equivalent of a MoM/EB/ZO build without going anywhere near the left side of the tree at all.Thisis what I came up with. The idea is to spec into Gladiator/Occultist, wear a Cloak of Defiance, then use one of the ranged melee attacks (Ground Slam or the new Sunder) linked to Poison as your main attack. The cloak gives you MoM, the Occultist spec debuffs the mobs against poison as well as regenerating your ES enough to keep up with casting Ground Slam, and the Gladiator spec gives you spell block and bleed on hit which you can stack ontop of the Poison for tons of DoT damage. You get 200% life plus the benefit of MoM, as well as high block and huge amounts of physical/chaos/poison/DoT damage.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Teaser video for Perandus league was shown - so we will get to collect coins and trade them for items. My bet is that you'll find these perandus dudes now and then and they'll offer you a random item for x amount of gold. Gold is found in the chests mentioned, likely the chests are in hidden areas or just guarded by scary monsters

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just wait and play the new leagues. Old leagues are always dead the first month of new leagues. Starts like what, in 3days or whatever? Maybe it's friday not sure..
Starts Friday noon PST

I'm still not sure what I'm doing. Something 2H probably Marauder and probably Sunder + Double Strike.

Caliane

seriously. I have no idea...

Been playing rangers/scions. Kindof want to go back and try a witch. But I am not impressed with witch ascendancy classes, at all.
Ranger master surgeon, Deadeye, and raider all look strong though.

orb of storms looks neat. Anyone know how it interacts with stormcall?

If ranger, probably a bow build. barrage, or blast rain. raider might be better for bow then even deadeye it seems with megafrenzy.