Path of Exile

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice. Throw in classes as well, if you could. I know that at least when I was playing, that most builds were possible from a variety of bases, so I don't want to get thrown off when doing research.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hit up the official forums for more specifics about builds. That is really the best resource. Honestly since ascendency just came out I think people are still in the mode of throwing a bit of shit against the wall for optimized builds.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Nice. Throw in classes as well, if you could. I know that at least when I was playing, that most builds were possible from a variety of bases, so I don't want to get thrown off when doing research.
Forum - Marauder - [2.2] Milky's Dual Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Atziri, T15] - Path of Exile

Totem's are my go-to for new players. It's inherently safe (multiple targets to split the mob aggro), you can drop a totem and hide around corners, you don't need to deal with reflection at all, you don't have to worry about accuracy... totems are PoE ez-mode. Historically, they didn't scale as well as other builds but no one really knows Ascendancy yet and I've heard reports that RF scales high as fuck.

DiddleySquat

Ok word of warning for those entering the Labyrinth as a HC character: the buzzsaws kill you in about half a second.

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
I haven't played POE in years, but am on spring break and was thinking of firing this up for a bit. Can anyone recommend a build that is do-able with beginner gear, scales pretty well and is hearty enough for hardcore? I've done summoner too many times, but would love a ranged bow based build or anything ranged that can rape face of large groups of mobs at a time.

Also - I don't think I've ever been in a guild, but if the rerolled guild is kicking on Hardcore, would love to be tagged for fun.
Tornado shot is pretty solid and easy to play. Shoot into a group and stuff gets dead. You can play it as soon as you are leveled up enough to use the skill. Bladefall/firestorm are nice ones too. But if you want to go bow, TS is pretty easy mode.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Prova, if you want to do an archer on hardcore I would recommend choosing the duelist as your starting point, due to being able to select the champion class with the node "you have fortify", essentially giving you a lot of free damage reduction, which in my experience of playing a ranger up to 92 in talisman, is exactly what you need more of. I am doing it myself right now as well

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I can't imagine returning after a long absence and doing progression on HC unless you're totally cool with dying as you learn every encounter.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, Dominus got me last night. Should have done some research on the fight. Took a tp and slowly died in what looked like blood rain over the course of 6-7 seconds.

The build you posted was pretty strong - I do think I will do something bow related next. I get no satisfaction from softcore in these sorts of games. I've exclusively played HC ever since D2 about 15 years ago. Point taken that some of the encounters will instagib me. Willing to take that in stride.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I get no satisfaction from softcore in these sorts of games. I've exclusively played HC ever since D2 about 15 years ago. Point taken that some of the encounters will instagib me. Willing to take that in stride.
tldr; did a SC league last cycle because I had newbie friends playing for the first time and it made me a much better PoE player.

I said that as well for a long time, but that was me being stubborn and, like you, citing D2. D2 was a solved game; we switched to HC because not only was it solved it was ridiculously easy.

PoE encounters are more robust and dangerous. You'll either have to go research these encounters ahead of time extensively via youtube or you'll die at least once learning a few more boss fights. Totally up to you man but I expect you'll burnout re-leveling so many times. Bow (evasion I'm assuming) will be harder than spell (armor). Evasion is a more unforgiving playstyle that requires more understanding of the game and much more flask usage.

Caliane

Yeah, Dominus got me last night. Should have done some research on the fight. Took a tp and slowly died in what looked like blood rain over the course of 6-7 seconds.

The build you posted was pretty strong - I do think I will do something bow related next. I get no satisfaction from softcore in these sorts of games. I've exclusively played HC ever since D2 about 15 years ago. Point taken that some of the encounters will instagib me. Willing to take that in stride.
haha jeez.
been away so long, dont really know the dom fight?
malachai and peity are run enders as well, if you don't know the fights.

yeah lets see.
HP was buffed innately a bit. HP nodes still very much required though.
If ranger, Phase acrobatics still good. Arrow dancing, which used to be ondar's guile, was nerfed to hell. not sure anyone takes it anymore.
Arctic armor now is a 25% mana reserved buff. very good.

rallying cry was nerfed, to manual cast. annoying. cast when damage taken+immortal call still standard for everyone, though.

staunching flasks for dom. remove bleeding, and give immunity during duration. And have lit resist.
ground slam is phys. electric stuff is electric.

Stay out of labyrinth until level 40 or so. After dom, dried lake, and deshret.

Koam is heavy fire damage. can be tough. Daresso is generally easier. physical spell damage. dangerous for rangers, since the spell damage cant be evaded. (manually avoid)

Piety round 3(belly of the beast), is bleeding as well, and heavy phys. having high run speed is a huge boon for this. (run clockwise, drink staunching.)

Malachi. kill the hearts. again, has some heavy phys spell damage.

TS is solid as noted. only weakness is reflect late damage.

Could do champ for fortify. Could do pathfinder for high up time on granite, basalt, and stibnite flasks. could do raider for phasing or onslaught, which both have high defensive passives built in.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Yea if you had trouble with dom, then you're going to have a real bad time after dom. I'd research the fights, otherwise you're going to be releveling a lot.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I used to play hardcore solely but thank god I got over it. I find the game way more enjoyable when you don't artificially limit yourself to doing the highest content, which is usually suicide in hardcore. There's less than 5 players every league completing uber atziri in hardcore and I bet most of them aren't doing core malachai either. I much prefer to actually do everything and if my character gets beaten down, get back at it again. Once you get to the very high levels (say 93+) you'll still annoyed as hell every time you die because it's a huge setback in exp

With that said, if hardcore only is your boat go for it. Many of my rl friends are t he same and it just means they play for 2-3 weeks tops every league, die 4-5 times each between level 20 and 80 and then never reach the true endgame

Tenks

Cadario seems to really be screwing up the uniques trading market. Tons are bottomed out. Like you can get a Belly of the Beast for 15c.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The new trading API had a lot to do with it as well. I got a 80+ hp tri res 800 armor chest drop yesterday, fire up poe.trade to see how much I can sell it for, and there were tons of tri res hp armors for 1-3c, and this was on HC

Tenks

The new trading API had a lot to do with it as well. I got a 80+ hp tri res 800 armor chest drop yesterday, fire up poe.trade to see how much I can sell it for, and there were tons of tri res hp armors for 1-3c, and this was on HC
Is this possibly because of the bug/exploit flooding HC with GG rares?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Is this possibly because of the bug/exploit flooding HC with GG rares?
Doubtful, chest is mostly where you are looking for 6 links for max deeps, stats are secondary, so a lot of people run Tabula Rasa and cap their resists elsewhere. If you are exploiting to craft GG rares, you do it with bows or 2-handers, since everybody and their mother is running those.

Tenks

Doubtful, chest is mostly where you are looking for 6 links for max deeps, stats are secondary, so a lot of people run Tabula Rasa and cap their resists elsewhere. If you are exploiting to craft GG rares, you do it with bows or 2-handers, since everybody and their mother is running those.
GGG said there was an exploit using instance crashing to craft rares and someone on reddit said PHC was flooded with near perfect rares but didn't mention about weapons