Path of Exile

Caliane

Alot of it is throwing gear at things.
There is alot of crazy silly builds we all try. but often they do no damage. And you need some specific item to make em scale.
wormblaster was blatantly obvious the second they introduced the flask. but, took someone with the cash to put together the correct items to capitalize.

Like here the vacuum cleaner is a well known idea. Cyclone, etc. I wanted to try an aberanths hooves+sheildcharge+emp grasp for example. would probably make an hilarious wake of destruction and pulling.

Frostblades sire of shards. hilarious. totally shit though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I like the new cast while channeling builds.
Used one like this before I stopped playing this season, started with Scorching Ray+CWC Firestorm.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hatorade Hatorade You guys see the Xbox video from last week? The dev said something about Cyclone being much smoother now thats it channeled. I hope he wasnt pulling our strings because CwC with Cyclone would be so much fun.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
For that price those builds are pretty underwhelming, lvl 21 gems, lvl 4 empower make most of shitty skills look strong. At that point you just tack on a few gimmicky uniques while staying resist capped and you are good to go. I know that at some point it is about the fact that you could instead of you should, but HowA or Mathil fire cyclone do a lot more for much smaller investment. I wanted to do a siege ballista build, until I looked at the price tag for most of the items.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The cool thing about ballista builds, at least IMO, is the tangible reward for getting super expensive gear. In most builds it is just getting gooderer damage so you can get gooderer clear speeds. With SB you actually get more totems to drop down. Assuming you're talking about an Iron Commander build.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The cool thing about ballista builds, at least IMO, is the tangible reward for getting super expensive gear. In most builds it is just getting gooderer damage so you can get gooderer clear speeds. With SB you actually get more totems to drop down. Assuming you're talking about an Iron Commander build.

Yeah, the IC build, it was from the same guy who did the animate guardian build linked above. Normally I can't stomach totems since they feel so limited, even if safer, but dropping so many of them sounded pretty fun. Then you look up what you have to do to get those dex numbers and it's pretty crazy. I might do it in legacy if I have time, but we shall see. The budget builds were kinda meh compared to warchief totems and so on.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Here's a video of what I've been doing for the past week. Running uber labs for the +2 barrage helm enchant. I'm even using twice enchanted and still having no luck. I pretty much one shot everything and can kill Izaro in seconds but I would like a build that's faster clearing the mazes. I know I can run past mobs to make it faster but I need to kill them in order to keep up my 100% flask upkeep.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know a ton of builds out there specifically made for power running uber lab. They have like 700%+ MS. Its pretty nutty. Watching the vids you think its sped up like 4x.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uber lab farming can get you a very easy 10+ ex a day in new leagues if you're doing max key runs. The amount of gems, currency, maps etc that come from those chests is absurd let alone the enchantments can sell for 10ex on a white item for the right ones.

Trying to decide if I want to go wild doing Uber lab and buying high end stuff again or going SSF for Legacy =/

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pathfinder builds are like, MADE for Uber lab. That and a lot of Juggernaut builds. Jugg's used to run Uber in like sub 2 minutes and shit a few seasons ago. I honestly haven't looked since, but I'm sure it's probably 3 minutes or less now for Path/Jugg builds mostly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes sir, Pathinder BV was what i used which is just ridiculous having perma flask effects and free poison.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, how do you get mobility skills to not suck? I've tried flame dash, leap slam, and whirling blades and they all have an annoying amount of dead time. Either at the start of the skill to cast it, or at the end.

I know it's possible, I see people zipping around in videos, just not sure what stat is needed to do that.

Caliane

they all scale with movespeed, for distance. the attacks, scale with attackspeed for their animations. cast speed for the spells. A few scale with reduced duration. lit warp most notably.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
With skills marked attack like shield charge and whirling blades your going to want to link faster attacks. Your weapons APS also factors in like Caliane mentioned, so if you're using a 2h vs a 1h its going to feel sluggish. People doing 2h builds usually equip movement skills in their off slot weapon slots using fast 1h's.

Here's an example with leap slam -

• 1Like

Caliane

always going to be the animation locks though. if you feel it now, will probably always feel it. there is never a point of animation cancel, or real seemless.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the replies. Looking at some of these supports...if they're not available from quests/vendors for my base class, does that mean I have to rely on drops to get them? I guess there's trading too...but do people really trade skill gems? Seems inconsequential.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Coming from D3 means all movement skills here feel bad. Intentionally I guess, best you can do is minimize the delays/cast times until you hit your comfort zone. Or not use them and crank movement speed into ridiculous.

Re: skill gems - Depending on which class can buy it early some people just make a new character for that. But that's more for people that have the experience to just zip through a few acts within an hour. Otherwise trade I guess. The only time the issue came up for me I actually asked in chat and someone bought it for me.