Path of Exile

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely think I'll be going glacial cascade miner sabo and use that to fund one of the newer skill/unique builds in a week or so once people have figured things out.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
These two posts being next to each other is funny and conflicting. Is it generally true that builds can generally change their skillcap by investing in life/survivability vs damage?

The skillcap is more about overall speed and efficiency then with actual game play fast twitch skills, not that you don't need a little bit of that for higher end map bosses and some super end game bosses / content.

edit: zaphids post better then my post

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget to pre download. Just open the game on steam and it should start downloading. hour and 15 to go boys!

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
These two posts being next to each other is funny and conflicting. Is it generally true that builds can generally change their skillcap by investing in life/survivability vs damage?

The gist of it is that for Softcore, it's really not that damn hard to chug along at a decent rate, kill shit in a medium tier easy map, and accumulate currency. Depending on how much one sucks at video games, you'd trade tankiness for dps and avoid builds that require more player input.

Mathil has been playing for years and is very good at glass cannon playstyle -- he'll survive fights that would kill most of the player base because he enjoys playing that way and has been practicing it for years. Example would be using movement speed to dodge things that'd kill him rather than dying.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The gist of it is that for Softcore, it's really not that damn hard to chug along at a decent rate, kill shit in a medium tier easy map, and accumulate currency. Depending on how much one sucks at video games, you'd trade tankiness for dps and avoid builds that require more player input.

Mathil has been playing for years and is very good at glass cannon playstyle -- he'll survive fights that would kill most of the player base because he enjoys playing that way and has been practicing it for years. Example would be using movement speed to dodge things that'd kill him rather than dying.

Ya that's the thing, Mathil has a complete knowledge of what will kill him and how to avoid it, so he can go really fast and keep himself save via click skill and knowledge. A lot of us (me included) just aren't at that level. You don't want to get yourself in a position where you're trying to break into maps with too low of life or resists and you find yourself dieing so much that you are no longer leveling. I've done this a couple times trying to focus on DPS a little too much.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Patch server went away, I was about to be mad cause I was almost done, luckily it saved progress and just restarted 440mb.

777 people ahead of me in the login queue!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Yeah glass cannon + high risk/high clear speed + using movement to avoid stuff instead of character-sustainability is the only way I can play these games without getting bored. I don't know if the phrase is used differently in PoE, but that's what I'm trying to say when I say "high skill cap build".

Sounds like I'll have to watch some Mathil vids and just poach a fun looking build

Ryanz

<Banned>
#20 in queue mwuahaha!

In other shitty news however, PoB updated and my 350k storm burst build got gutted and is now sitting at 70k. The fuck? Guess it's sunder like everyone else.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah glass cannon + high risk/high clear speed + using movement to avoid stuff instead of character-sustainability is the only way I can play these games without getting bored.

Sounds like I'll have to watch some Mathil vids and just poach a fun looking build

Careful, high risk doesn't really transfer well into this game. You lose exp at higher levels on death so it can really slow down your leveling 80+.

You seemed like you liked spell play so his storm burst inquisitor might be fun, although new skill so hard to know how good it will be. Numbers in Path of Builder look pretty good. Are you in guild so you can ask questions on the fly? If not one of the officers will have to invite u right away.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They usually let people log in 10 minutes before league right? or is it 30 minutes? Imma be scared if we don't get an early login frozen wait deal like usual.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Careful, high risk doesn't really transfer well into this game. You lose exp at higher levels on death so it can really slow down your leveling 80+.

You seemed like you liked spell play so his storm burst inquisitor might be fun, although new skill so hard to know how good it will be. Numbers in Path of Builder look pretty good. Are you in guild so you can ask questions on the fly? If not one of the officers will have to invite u right away.
I don't think guilds were implemented last time I played :D I'll find an invite when I log in, dunno if I'll play this weekend.

Do you guys have a VOIP (teamspeak/slack etc) server?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
They usually let people log in 10 minutes before league right? or is it 30 minutes? Imma be scared if we don't get an early login frozen wait deal like usual.

Not sure, i've never started a league at release time. Races they do the frozen waits.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think guilds were implemented last time I played :D I'll find an invite when I log in, dunno if I'll play this weekend.

Do you guys have a VOIP (teamspeak/slack etc) server?

I don't think so.