Path of Exile

Caliane

udqDW6Y.png

I dont think this was shared here, in case anyone missed it. THIS is how volley works, as per GGG themselves.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Guess it depends on the size of your projectiles but 4 kinda looks like shit, you'll definitely want to get 5 if you have more than 3.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is there anyway that if maps drop, I am alerted? I had no idea they were dropping.

Man I really love this game. dare I say the best of the genre right now? I spent some cash on tabs, and some cosmetics...

I'm 77, am I just running maps? I killed queen chick by pure head on fire crazy, but have no idea what to do with the item she dropped. It's grey, but it matches the unique BP I am wearing now. How do I upgrade it?

Can I get a guild invite?

Red Raiden.jpg

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I have been beside myself stressing about what to play at the start of the league. Y'all got any of those patch notes?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
There may be a filter where it beeps if a map drops. My filter beeps if an exalted orb drops. Once you finish act 10 and have acess to the map device you are then "mapping". Load the map you want to run in the map device and it puts up a rin of 6 or 8 (??) portals around the device, each time you use one to get into a map it disappears. Meaning you can't die 20 times and go back to the map just to zerg it.

But mapping and working the atlas to shape maps you want and cut off some others is another major topic entirely, and goes on and on. Fixing to change majorily with the new atlas and such on the 8th when the new league comes out revolving around fight for the atlas.

But that hat...I mean...that hat lol. Sorry couldn't resist. I'll have some egg roll to go please.

But you want to invite Zana to your hideout, she'll be right there when you finish act 10. You can buy maps from here as well, but they get expensive. I think magic maps can drop maps +1 tier above their own, and rare maps are +2. I think, there's a lot more to it. Each map you run and complete the bonus (it will say on the atlas) you get 1% chance to get maps above that tier. At some point you will be above 100%.

G on the keyboard will open your atlas. You won't have anything on it till you run some maps and slowly work your way to the middle from the 4 corners.

The maps are based on an area in the game you've already seen. So the atlas will say "for completition kill boss on map of rare" so you will need a rare map, or a magic map, or a corrupted map. You can run any variety of map, but get completition credit if you meet the completition bonus. Then you can turn a standard map into a magic one, or a rare, or scour it and start all over if you get really bad rolls you can't run.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have been beside myself stressing about what to play at the start of the league. Y'all got any of those patch notes?
Patch notes Wed., more details about passive tree changes on Thurs. There's going to be very little time to make a decision on league starter, so imo just pick a good lab runner build (or 2-3 if you want to scan the patch notes and decide which one got gimped the least) and go from there. Lab builds by definition do not have Vaal Pact so that removes the biggest headache due to not knowing exactly how bad it's getting nerfed.

For myself, I've narrowed it down to one of EE's starter builds, either his ridiculous Juggernaut tank that uses Cleave and perma Fortify/Onslaught or the Gladiator that uses Blade Flurry and a lot of block/spellblock. I think the Jugg is more suited to people who want to also make money from doing 4-man carries, something I have absolutely no interest in bothering with. The Gladiator should have much higher damage but still enough defense to clear uber lab solo with little effort, and for me it's more important that it can also do Atziri trivially as well as lab. They're both extremely cheap builds too.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
There may be a filter where it beeps if a map drops. My filter beeps if an exalted orb drops. Once you finish act 10 and have acess to the map device you are then "mapping". Load the map you want to run in the map device and it puts up a rin of 6 or 8 (??) portals around the device, each time you use one to get into a map it disappears. Meaning you can't die 20 times and go back to the map just to zerg it.

But mapping and working the atlas to shape maps you want and cut off some others is another major topic entirely, and goes on and on. Fixing to change majorily with the new atlas and such on the 8th when the new league comes out revolving around fight for the atlas.

But that hat...I mean...that hat lol. Sorry couldn't resist. I'll have some egg roll to go please.

But you want to invite Zana to your hideout, she'll be right there when you finish act 10. You can buy maps from here as well, but they get expensive. I think magic maps can drop maps +1 tier above their own, and rare maps are +2. I think, there's a lot more to it. Each map you run and complete the bonus (it will say on the atlas) you get 1% chance to get maps above that tier. At some point you will be above 100%.

G on the keyboard will open your atlas. You won't have anything on it till you run some maps and slowly work your way to the middle from the 4 corners.

The maps are based on an area in the game you've already seen. So the atlas will say "for completition kill boss on map of rare" so you will need a rare map, or a magic map, or a corrupted map. You can run any variety of map, but get completition credit if you meet the completition bonus. Then you can turn a standard map into a magic one, or a rare, or scour it and start all over if you get really bad rolls you can't run.

Great info. I was wondering why when I ran a map, it sometimes was added to the atlas, but not always. Now I see there are stipulations to getting it added to the atlas.

Don't front on the hat son!!

19c9567c9e5d320d9937d27d273fdd50.jpg
Hat.jpg
Raiden_mkx_Render.jpg

Borzak

Patch notes Wed., more details about passive tree changes on Thurs. There's going to be very little time to make a decision on league starter, so imo just pick a good lab runner build (or 2-3 if you want to scan the patch notes and decide which one got gimped the least) and go from there. Lab builds by definition do not have Vaal Pact so that removes the biggest headache due to not knowing exactly how bad it's getting nerfed.

For myself, I've narrowed it down to one of EE's starter builds, either his ridiculous Juggernaut tank that uses Cleave and perma Fortify/Onslaught or the Gladiator that uses Blade Flurry and a lot of block/spellblock. I think the Jugg is more suited to people who want to also make money from doing 4-man carries, something I have absolutely no interest in bothering with. The Gladiator should have much higher damage but still enough defense to clear uber lab solo with little effort, and for me it's more important that it can also do Atziri trivially as well as lab. They're both extremely cheap builds too.

I had thought about the EE jugg build to start off. But looking at it, lot of uniques I would have to get pretty early on. I don't know. League ends tomorrow and a new one on Friday and still not decided.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I am just praying they dont fuck with Alkaizer's Sunder build. I'd like to start with that and then figure out a new build after theorycrafting during downtime at work, heh.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Did streamers not get a beta this time? That's how we got the starter build vids for 3.0 but I haven't heard anything about it.

Borzak

Is there anyway that if maps drop, I am alerted? I had no idea they were dropping.

Man I really love this game. dare I say the best of the genre right now?

View attachment 157311

I haven't played a lot of them, but as far as diablo 3 there's a ton more content in PoE. I've only been playing a month but feel like I've barely scratched the surface in builds, mapping, high end content and such. But yeah, bought $20 of stab tabs on sale, currency, premium, and another tab bundle. Still feel like I'm ahead having spent $20. Cheaper than buying a game and already got more time in it than most games I buy nowdays.

I do wish PoE had a deal like D3 where you could skip to mapping from the start, just go to where you could get exp and skip all the quest. But they give free SP so probably not.

I didn't get a free hat, guess I missed out on that. Ending soon I assume.

Borzak

Gripe time. I've been doing beeachead maps today. I wish when it spits out 2 screens worth of shards on the boss it would automatically consolidate those down into orbs and then have shards left over. Do I really need 120 shards instead of X number of orbs and a few extra shards, lol click click click.

Borzak

Upcoming Zana mods. Apparetnly Fortune favors the brave = opens 1 portal only. Possibly increased items/rarity.

6wi1q11rxr101.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had thought about the EE jugg build to start off. But looking at it, lot of uniques I would have to get pretty early on. I don't know. League ends tomorrow and a new one on Friday and still not decided.
Worthless uniques are still pretty worthless even at the very beginning of a league. Getting stuff like Ichimonji, Haemophilia, Perseverence, etc. should be pretty easy. It's when you want a Tabula Rasa to use until you get a real 6L or 5L good enough to give up a gem for (personally I'd never use a 5L Belly over a Tabula; the build looks to have plenty of defense for uber lab while also being very low dps) that problems arise. It can be a bitch getting Kaom's Way x2 at the start of a league too. You either get a sniper program or you pay 50% more than those items are really worth. At the start of Harbinger, snipers were getting results nearly a minute faster than poe.trade.

The BF build does seem a bit easier though. I'll probably start with Bringer of Rain rather than a TR, and Bloodseeker, Scourge, and Redblade Tramplers should also be pretty cheap. The catch there is that I'm banking on them not nerfing Bloodseeker along with VP and Atziri gloves; since the instant leech on it is local rather than global it seems like less of a problem, but who knows.

Borzak

I wish there were a few videos of collection of builds. Just so you could get an idea of what the build might consist of, which class and such and the major points of it. As is now have to track down 20 different spots.

Borzak

Got mystery box in game for some reason. Haven't opened it yet.

Gore Herald effect for Heralds. Guess it's OK since I use Herald of ash 100% of the time.

Now if I could figure out how to activate it. Just in my list.

Last edited: