Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah that's the sound I get for the fire attack too.

What kind of jewelry and stuff you got on that guy, that dps seems pretty sick compared to any of the wildstrike chars i've played and I doubt you only have them outgeared in the weapon slot (never took one of my wildstrikers up vs shaper tho).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The only sounds that should be out of place are shatters or blood explosions! There's a few posts from years ago of people complaining about wild strike, so that likely means they are never going to fix it...oh well. I wonder if there's a way to hack the sound files to just remove that sound altogether.

Been playing the aforementioned PP build some more, I can't recommend it enough. For those that played D3 relatively recently, it's very similar to the Wizard build that would use Teleport with no cooldown and Electrocute. An even better comparison is that it's a lot like Flicker Strike without the loss of control nor frenzy charge upkeep.

The only real downside to this build that I can see is that it's eventually going to run into a squishiness ceiling that's lower than other boss killing builds. I don't know how bad that comparison is yet, but I wasn't intending to kill Uber Elder with this build anyway. I'm honestly not even sure I'll attempt him at all. Herding influence is really fucking annoying.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Looks like Eve Online copied a bunch from PoE. They're introducing PVE instances with effects for each instance much like maps mods.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ah yeah, your gear is a tad better than anything i've run on wildstrike. Last league was the first time I scaled it off phys instead of ele buzzsaw style but didn't take my char far enough to get an accurate comparison for the super lategame geared phase.

Sold one of my gripped gloves for 200c this morning and bought 3 more sets. Did an uber lag and my connection was cooperating so ran the first set, lag everywhere, didn't even make first portal phase. 2nd set was going poorly but somehow with my last portal I managed to take out the last 40% of the fight! Got the staff and a colossal tower shield (and a helm and shaper citadel bow but those are meh). No jewel to help fund me =(.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I knew it baby. Congrats!

Also last night you missed my first slam of the league. I had also just finished crafting my elder steel ring and stygian belt.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
engineering eternity put out a video of a b vortex build using the disintegrator staff, looks kinda fun. The life pool looks pretty sick, wonder if that build will be enough for Uber elder

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
screenshot-0040.png So uh, the minotaur fight got a bit interesting.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I tried to quickly mash out a disintegrator EK jugg in PoB tonight and it ended up seeming bad. I think that you kind of have to use BV if you're gonna do spell with it, so maybe i'll go for an attack build after all.

Maybe a heavy strike build for the lols.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure another will pop at some point.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Deathwing6

Not sure what my last achievement should be. Obviously, I can get Alluring Abyss and Shaper, or just pay for a carry, and the essence release. Augmented maps and completing the bestiary seem like a huge pain in the ass. As does getting the elder on a T15. Would likely have to pay for an uber elder carry, I don't have the patience for that fight.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If you're burnt till next season, come on over to Path of Diablo. Greendude cooked up tons of great quality of life stuff and balance. I've been away since the first season and was pleasantly surprised to see he put my feedback on making martial arts assassin a viable alternative to smiter for Uber farming. Real good shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been playing a Infernal Blow/Blade Flurry jugg, he's mainly my boss killer while a Poet's Pen build does the mapping. I'm kinda disappointed with how Blade Flurry performs. That stand and charge mechanic is worse than multistrike, I didn't even think that was possible. And I know I'm using it as a single target skill, but I know it can hit area and it's pretty bad at that. For example, I come across a red beast and sometimes, I feel like I'm safer to kill it slower with Infernal Blow because my sustain and add kill is that much better.

Is there anyway to fix this besides slapping on inc aoe over conc aoe and kinda gimping the single target damage?

Also considering just respeccing to a molten strike build since he's not a primary mapper anymore.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Deathwing Deathwing For challenges, I would hit Encounters II and V, Deadly encounters, and Zana's questline.

I like Bladeflurry a lot personally, because you're not animation locked and can whirling blades away from danger the moment you need to. I'm surprised you found infernal blow better than Bladeflurry for killing reds, but you also don't have a 6th link yet either!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Perhaps not "better", but safer because Infernal Blow is hitting(and killing) many more targets. The red beasts love to call in friends.

Animation lock is a good point. Maybe "worse than multistrike" is not correct. You definitely need to stand in place longer to get full efficiency.

Fucking 6L this league is eluding me. I'm thinking of just paying Vorici from now on.