Path of Exile

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I've used xbox controller via steam link. Just had to import a config setup for it.

I found some stuff like REWASD, etc, but havent tried them yet.

All my mobile junk is iOS, so no Steam Link App . . . going to have to DL this damn game in Steam and try it through that. Was using the PoE launcher, so maybe there is some functionality I'm not getting by excluding Steam.

Blows my mind they dont have innate controller support.

Edit:. Did the config allow for you to move with the joystick or were you moving a mouse pointer then clicking?

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tenor.gif

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I always go for full completion of the Atlas every league cause personally I like to enjoy all content in the game rather than pigeonhole myself into farming one map for days cause the returns are better. Will probably go for 100 as well this time, and if enough for us wanna group together I think that would be the safest way to do it!

I definitely won't be going for 100, I just wanted a lot of currency early on to move to a much more expensive build and not have it take a month or more like usual. Plus the absolute worst thing in the game that I would rather log off than do is trading for maps, so the idea of running a thousand or so T3's with easy self-sustain was rather appealing.

I wouldn't leave it that way forever though. Even the BC farming method generally just removed everything else that could drop in BC and still completed the rest of the atlas, and I'd definitely do that once I had my real build paid for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Got most of the controller stuff working . . . Had to go into Big Picture mode (never used it before), then click stuff, restart a few times, etc.

Only QoL thing I would want is not to have to simulate a click to move?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does anyone know what I killed that dropped this? It died offscreen to Arc and had like a dozen of the same rare drop?

staff.PNG

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I definitely won't be going for 100, I just wanted a lot of currency early on to move to a much more expensive build and not have it take a month or more like usual. Plus the absolute worst thing in the game that I would rather log off than do is trading for maps, so the idea of running a thousand or so T3's with easy self-sustain was rather appealing.

I wouldn't leave it that way forever though. Even the BC farming method generally just removed everything else that could drop in BC and still completed the rest of the atlas, and I'd definitely do that once I had my real build paid for.
I've completed the atlas the last two leagues by just asking people in the league for trades. I get that player interaction sucks, but atlas completion is not that hard.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Spark, no, but Arc definitely is better than Storm Call in single target. Spark is understandable because the mechanics are much different.

Why put up with Storm Call's delay if it doesn't offer any advantage?

152 to 862 vs 341 to 633 + conc effect + vaal storm call due to the gem changes? How on earth could arc be better for single target?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
152 to 862 vs 341 to 633 + conc effect + vaal storm call due to the gem changes? How on earth could arc be better for single target?
First, I'm talking just about Storm Call. Vaal Storm Call does indeed have a niche but does not justify regular usage of the base ability.

Secondly, you can't list conc effect like it's a free support Storm Call gets. Arc can't use it, sure, but it will use another support that's not quite as powerful.

Third, you're ignoring the damage boost Arc get's per remaining chain.

I suggest you mock up a 6L of both in PoB.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keepers of the Trove bloodlines mod all drop the same item as a rare. Each one has different stats, but they're all the same rare base.

Hmm I never thought of this but could those dropped as Shaper/Elder bases? Or would it only drop 1 or 2 as the Shaper/Elder bases if any at all?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm not sure, honestly. But they can drop the rare bases like steel rings/opal rings for sure.

Sometimes it was rather annoying having like 12 two-stone rings drop in a lvl 83 map and then IDing each one just to be disappointed 12 times.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Third, you're ignoring the damage boose Arc get's per remaining chain.

I had no idea that was a thing. Then again I think I've played one spellcaster build since tempest (or maybe beyond or even before that) and it was a void battery FP char that I only played for a couple days anyways.

I don't know how you can watch mathils storm call delve videos and say "base skill sucks" or that it's just "carried by gear" when gear impacts literally every build and it's not like he was running a bunch of mirror-tier items.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I had no idea that was a thing. Then again I think I've played one spellcaster build since tempest (or maybe beyond or even before that) and it was a void battery FP char that I only played for a couple days anyways.

I don't know how you can watch mathils storm call delve videos and say "base skill sucks" or that it's just "carried by gear" when gear impacts literally every build and it's not like he was running a bunch of mirror-tier items.
You haven't played with the new Arc? You're depriving yourself of some serious wonderment and fun. Did you know it has a hidden attribute that makes your exalts slammier?

I never said the skill sucks. I'm asking what am I getting for paying for that 1.5s base delay?

The Mathil highlight reel is more a combination of delve corridors, spell cascade, and gear level. A lot of skills are being dragged along into the realm of playability via some well-designed supports like spell cascade or ancestral call(especially this one). Which is fine, that's one new gem versus lots of constant gem reworks, saves GGG lots of time. But let's not mistake which part of those videos is doing the brunt of the work and then attribute it soley to Storm Call.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm woke up to some email spam about changing my password. Not sure what's up with that, what did the guy expect, that suddenly they'd send the mail to their email instead of mine? Not like I have anything worthwhile to steal anyway, probably not even 10bucks in standard.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Spent 4hrs trying to tweak the controller . . . not sure I can get comfortable enough to play on the PC.

Everything being designed for a controller on the console makes a huge difference in combat, items etc.

Hard call, less comfort for QoL / community / trading, or good old fashioned console button smashing goodness with nearly solo self found etc . . .

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You haven't played with the new Arc? You're depriving yourself of some serious wonderment and fun. Did you know it has a hidden attribute that makes your exalts slammier?

I never said the skill sucks. I'm asking what am I getting for paying for that 1.5s base delay?

The Mathil highlight reel is more a combination of delve corridors, spell cascade, and gear level. A lot of skills are being dragged along into the realm of playability via some well-designed supports like spell cascade or ancestral call(especially this one). Which is fine, that's one new gem versus lots of constant gem reworks, saves GGG lots of time. But let's not mistake which part of those videos is doing the brunt of the work and then attribute it soley to Storm Call.

Quick PoB that isn't really optimized as far as gear/etc. with scion ele/ass has storm call doing about 775k shaper dps and arc doing 800k when I change the aoe nodes to generic lightning damage ones instead (cast while channeling was somehow giving it huge dps boosts but that doesn't make sense to me so I didn't use it). For something like uber elder or phoenix arc dps should go way down due to it actually bouncing, assuming PoB is calculating it as single target dps with all the more mods from remaining chains. This is with 2 shimmerons.

Wtf is pastebin giving me problems

Last edited:

Caliane

Hmm I never thought of this but could those dropped as Shaper/Elder bases? Or would it only drop 1 or 2 as the Shaper/Elder bases if any at all?
iirc, yes it can. but its one of those 1% of 1% of 1% things. keepers of the trove, and proc shaper/elder, and be a good base. good luck.