Path of Exile

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Haven't been on in a few days and holy shit, 30% quantity bonus to unidentified maps. Assuming you have a versatile build, that will make it much easier to get up to lvl70 maps (or whatever level where you start hitting them with alch orbs).

I'm surprised they made such a huge buff to the system.

Edit: On second thought, this only applies to maps which drop as magic/rare. Of course, they start off as ID'ed if you transmute them

Loyang_sl

shitlord
Finally set my mind on a marauder, mostly tank passives so far.

Pretty happy with it.

name is Poopsaggy if anyone want to team up. Lvl 26 atm just about to kill vaal.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Ok one other issue, I seem to be expending scrolls of wisdom faster than I can accumulate them. What's that about? Am I supposed to pick up every single white and vendor it so I have enough scrolls for the blues, or just vendor the blues which don't look like they'd be useful for me without IDing, or am I possibly missing something here and being a total idiot?

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
I just don't ID most blues, unless it looks promising. I don't know if there is a difference in what the vendor gives you between an ID'd and unid item though. Anyone know this?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Ok one other issue, I seem to be expending scrolls of wisdom faster than I can accumulate them. What's that about? Am I supposed to pick up every single white and vendor it so I have enough scrolls for the blues, or just vendor the blues which don't look like they'd be useful for me without IDing, or am I possibly missing something here and being a total idiot?
Scrolls of wisdom can be scarce on your first character at low levels, but before you know it you'll have stacks and stacks of them, and be wearing all/mostly rares so ignoring most blue drops anyway. I'm in game now if you want to meet up I'll give you a bunch to get you through. Haven't been playing much lately anyways. Char name: Cindersoul

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eventually you'll have enough of a currency/alt item bank where you stop bothering with blues entirely. Just hang in there and by the time you get to your second alt you'll never bother with blues again. (except 3L RGB and flasks)

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Don't ID any blue unless you think it might be an upgrade. Don't loot them at all unless it's a RGB 3L (sells for chromatic orb) unless it's a likely upgrade.

It's hard to do if you are used to diablo where early in the game you loot any blue to sell. This game just doesn't work like that. Also, sell armorer's scrap and blacksmith wetstone early in the game. They sell for 2/4 ID orbs each. If you are doing it right you should be running a wisdom surplus even in the early game.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Armourer scraps are somewhat plentiful, but whetstones are a little on the rare side, I'd save those.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm not selling either and unless you are IDing every blue you come across, you should be swimming in scrolls. Both are great when you find an item with good slots for gems so you can get the highest base stats before trying your luck with rare/magic.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started playing recently, looking to make a build to farm high level stuff -

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...o_J9QVXAwlr5AR

Zombies as meat shields + minion instability damage
Spectres as dps
double totems to apply shock and freeze/chill + 50% fire resist debuff for spectre dmg
double curses
auras

Looking for feedback since I don't have too much experience with the game yet.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I would avoid making your own builds until you've played several high level characters. There are people that have leveled countless characters and fine-tuned builds that have a way better understanding of the game than you (or me). If they haven't published the build you want, there's a very low chance that you, with no experience, stumbled on something good that is yet undiscovered. I'd search for something with the playstyle you want that is already made.

Plus I'm pretty sure dual totems are best for dps and that spectres suck.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started playing recently, looking to make a build to farm high level stuff -

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...o_J9QVXAwlr5AR

Zombies as meat shields + minion instability damage
Spectres as dps
double totems to apply shock and freeze/chill + 50% fire resist debuff for spectre dmg
double curses
auras

Looking for feedback since I don't have too much experience with the game yet.
I'm not an expert on summoners by any means, but few things I noticed:

Don't make the build to 120 points, unless you have a really good idea of what the low priority nodes are that will fill out the last 15-20 or so.
You missed the second 'Body and Soul' node.
I would avoid the whole section by the middle of the board beyond the minion nodes; it doesn't look like you're getting a ton of value there for the points.
Despite being CI, you seem to be fairly light on ES nodes
You're missing the final two minion life nodes by the Spectre passive, I view these as important for both tanking and minion instability.
I'd prune out the block circle outside of the 2x 15% resist all nodes (ie no shield mastery, no shield/spell blocking).
Consider grabbing a few of the 30 dex nodes, they will help with the dex gems that assist spectres.
Consider getting elemental adaptation, you are only 3 points away from it and it is very powerful.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just died last night on my hardcore templar. Going to give a bow ranger a try this time around. Really enjoying the Hardcore mode. Don't know that I'd much care for the normal play style. The risk makes it interesting.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Ive tried hardcore a couple times. While I enjoyed it, I died both times to desync. The game isn't even buggy really. I just get too frustrated when that happens.

Kaita

Golden Squire
I just started playing this yesterday lvl 17 Hunter atm.. Really enjoying the gem, item/barter and skill system. What is a good way to find people looking to trade?

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone have any decent lv 20-30ish gear for a ranger they wouldn't mind parting with in the Hardcore league? Or anyone in that level range want to group up for farming?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Find me (PantssParty). I have some random assortment of gear, incl several bows and green gems. Nothing special, just some rares that are decent

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
More power to you guys able to play this on hardcore. I died 3 times to Kole last night due to desync, I'd say at least 80% of my deaths are desync related; I would be super frustrated playing hardcore and dying like that.

Suddenly having serious problems with wisdom scrolls again, was doing well at the end of cruel with them but now in merciless it's like I just don't get any. It's gotten to the point where I'm not ID'ing anything other than rares even if I think the item might be an upgrade. I'm also picking up white items that take 4 spots or less in the inventory in order to sell them for scroll fragments but it makes no difference. Gradually running out of wisdom scrolls no matter what I try. I typically run around 140% IIR, which I don't really think is that high, but perhaps I'm getting too many rares to keep up without running any IIQ (probably around 20% IIQ usually).