Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
AladainAF AladainAF I’ll hit you up for 1ea for t10 up once I see you on. I’m hoping I get to play this weekend. Middle of a major construction project at work and the 12-16 hour days are killing me.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You know what's harder than killing shaper or uber elder deathless?

Sending a whisper to a Korean (I think) to buy something and them inviting and then realizing there's 3 people in group with names you can't distinguish from the person you sent whisper to or invited you.....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
so apparently everyone and their mother is running glacier

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You know what's harder than killing shaper or uber elder deathless?

Sending a whisper to a Korean (I think) to buy something and them inviting and then realizing there's 3 people in group with names you can't distinguish from the person you sent whisper to or invited you.....

I come in those groups like Chris Tucker.

DO YOU UNNASTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMIN OUTTA MY MOUTH

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
As I mentioned in game, I don't understand the bump in Glaciers. The whole "Alleyways/Glacier/City Square" grind was completey known on like day 3-4 of the league, this is nothing new.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To you, maybe not to the rest of the population.

Low tier map grinding is fucking boring. What are you accumulating currency for?

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
theres a buncha streamers that put out glacier farming videos recently, guessing that’s related.
And yea the fact that low tier map farming with ‘alch and go’ is the best money maker is a perennial problem thru multiple leagues in this game.
How about upping doctor card drop rates, but having that shit just drop in guardian maps. Change the meta to make beefier/fleshed our characters more useful, rather than who can move at a more ridiculously faster rate

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider

Low tier map grinding is fucking boring. What are you accumulating currency for?

I switch back and forth between exping and farming glacier. Sometimes an hour or two of the ol chaos sanctuary grind hits the spot. I might try to set up an elder sustain now that I hit 96. I want to reroll but just can’t decide on a skill. Def a berserker something. Got to have nasty aoe though.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Streamers by en large were all running the low tier maps in the first few days. And who knows, I'm just having fun.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I switch back and forth between exping and farming glacier. Sometimes an hour or two of the ol chaos sanctuary grind hits the spot. I might try to set up an elder sustain now that I hit 96. I want to reroll but just can’t decide on a skill. Def a berserker something. Got to have nasty aoe though.
If you weren't splitting experience, maybe. Also, it requires inefficient usage of your elder orb. So, what's your beefy character doing? Just leeching currency?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
theres a buncha streamers that put out glacier farming videos recently, guessing that’s related.
And yea the fact that low tier map farming with ‘alch and go’ is the best money maker is a perennial problem thru multiple leagues in this game.
How about upping doctor card drop rates, but having that shit just drop in guardian maps. Change the meta to make beefier/fleshed our characters more useful, rather than who can move at a more ridiculously faster rate

Honestly, me and Jonkimble Jonkimble were talking about this in detail. The main problem doing what you describe above is that the game is simply a grinding game and is designed to be more rewarding the more you grind, without regard to WHAT you're grinding. Do you want to just buy shaper fragments and grind out starforges? Go for it. 4 Emblems is total what... 30-40c? Better yet, go farm uber elder over and over again. You might get unlucky with jewels, but you could also hit the jackpot. The variance is wide, because when you hit the jackpot with a starforge or a nice jewel, you get 10ex+. In a low tier map, it's a good return because you get 1ex here and there. There's nothing, other than a complete 1-off mirror drop or a HH drop from a legion chest that will make you a shitload. Yeah yeah, Doctor cards. That's fine, though. It takes most people on average 300 maps to find *1* doctor card. 300 maps to completion does take a lot of time, and it's a reasonable payout given the time involved. He feels that shaper/elder is not as lucrative, but I disagree with him there, I think he's just seeing the variance. A lot of my RL business deals with this variance in gambling -- the higher the potential payout, the more losses you're going to have. It's basic RNG/Randomness. The potential for an amazing payout for elder is there, but there's no potential for an amazing payout for alleyways. A lot of my 100ex that I earned through alleyways came from lucky rolled loreweaves (From rings I picked up doing alleys), some drop from a breach I got 4ex for, and a few good pulls from stacked decks.

They can easily add all the "high end" stuff to the high end maps but then the game itself loses its appeal to a lot of people. Look at what Deathwing said above: "What are you accumulating currency for?". And past comments by others: "You have to have some kind of goal to go for", etc. If you go back and look at Empy's 6000 delve video, listen what he said at the very end, I'm paraphrasing but he said "I'm going to roll with the same group, and all we're going to do next league is farm currency". Why? Who knows, but that's what he wanted to do. There is no real defined goal when I play, if I like the league, I just play. I'd like to hit 40/40 this league, for the first (and probably only?) time ever.

Some people do this stuff simply because that part of the game is fun. It's the same reason people will buy hundreds of stacked decks and gamble, etc. Grinding low-tier maps is NOT "fucking boring" for a segment of the population. Some people love to do that, I'm one of them. I am the type of player who doesn't really care for much of a challenge -- I've done plenty of that shit in my life. I just want the lowest common denominator of play. Mindless, easy, repetitive. I want to build my shit up as fast as possible, and tear shit up. Others love getting 30K sulfite and spelunker fossils and shit with a special stand-in-darkness-forever build. That's boring as fuck for me.

Part of what makes Path of Exile amazing is the huge number of ways to play, and different paths/approaches you can take -- but that no matter what you do, and no matter what level you do it at, everything boils down to "the more time you spend doing it and the faster you do it, the higher your overall payout".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
If you weren't splitting experience, maybe. Also, it requires inefficient usage of your elder orb. So, what's your beefy character doing? Just leeching currency?

Currency, exp, curbstomping, whatever else. I don't want to farm t2 all day every day but I also don't want to ride that razors edge of dying and losing exp all the time either. Currency will go towards another build if and when I settle on one or it'll go to 500dps foils or a crit chest. I still want to push the cycloner as far into overkill as I can. It's not enough to kill bosses in two seconds if I could one shot them. If I can hit 3/4 of the screen then I want to hit all of it. ARPGs beg for that sort of shenanigans. I just don't do it in an efficient manner. I would end up quitting if I had to empty dump tabs or roll a hundred maps at a time. I play in a way that would make a time efficiency player vomit. Since I'm not specifically trying to get a head hunter, rmt exalts or be at the top of any leaderboard it just doesnt matter to me that I'm not maximizing time or profit.

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
5-Emblam spec, HH + 3 inspired learnings. I was maintaning 45-50 HH and inspired stacks. I use Hatred at the beginning to get HH stacks then swap to Thunder for the self curse. I need to work in haste. Further upgrades will be a Carcass jack + Devoto's but that will take a rework on my rings that I can't afford now. POB

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I can only run one map for a few times then it's time to move on. I ran a bunch (maybe 30) of ashen fields because someone in the guild gave them to me. Most of the times it's 2-3 then I move onto something else. That's probably why I am poor but so be it.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

He got 5 mirror offers and turned them down.

1/100k roll or someshit, would cost 13k ex worth of alts to hit. (supposedly, according to chat)

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
What build needs that bow so much that its worth 5 mirrors? I get thats its super rare but 5 mirrors worth?