Path of Exile

Caliane

The next step is to disgaea this shit up.

Maps are a good idea. but know whats even better?
Having to go INTO your skill gems and power them up by beating random generated maps in them.
Taking Disgaea's item world and sticking it into a d2 clone or poe would be amazing.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That looked pretty spiffy, weird that they didn't advertise all the different leagues though

HUH_sl

shitlord
I've had a few characters in the 50's but always end up stopping because I find the combat so awkward. I really like some of the other aspects of the game so I'm gonna give it another shot. It's probably been 3 or 4 months since I last played what are some fun builds? I checked out some streamers but they all seem to be Marauders using lightning skills.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've had a few characters in the 50's but always end up stopping because I find the combat so awkward. I really like some of the other aspects of the game so I'm gonna give it another shot. It's probably been 3 or 4 months since I last played what are some fun builds? I checked out some streamers but they all seem to be Marauders using lightning skills.
I'd wait until next week when open beta starts, they're adding Act3 and it's going through pseudo release. They're also wiping just before so if you start now your char will be wiped next week, which sucks depending on how much you plan to play.

The lightning skill is Lightning Strike. It's probably the strongest melee attack in the game currently and you can make a ton of good builds with it. Literally 5 classes out of 6 can make a strong LS build, witch is a bit poopy.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I'm trying to make a dual sword wielding duelist work. I'm sure my build is nowhere as effective as some (and lets be honest...dual wield needs some love)...but flickerstriking into a pack of mobs and blasting them with a dual wield lightning strike is becoming pretty fun with the more attack speed I get.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm trying to make a dual sword wielding duelist work. I'm sure my build is nowhere as effective as some (and lets be honest...dual wield needs some love)...but flickerstriking into a pack of mobs and blasting them with a dual wield lightning strike is becoming pretty fun with the more attack speed I get.
Well it works fine and DW is pretty good actually if you start ranger or duelist and get the DW stuff(duelist especially has like that big DW block node in the start that's really awesome for survivability). Main issue of DW is there's not many skills that make use of it. Flicker, LS etc only use one weapon, either your MH or alternating(LS alternates, not sure about flicker). Only Cleave and Dual Strike uses both weapons and both skills extremely strong in comparison to similar skill in terms of damage output because of it. Cleave issue though is the stupid shit range in comparison to ground slam, sweep or lightning strike so it's kinda meh but still pretty good. Dual Strike for single target though is pure brute force, as good or even better than Heavy Strike when using the correct setup due to double dipping on damage auras and shit like that. It needs to have a few more attacks using it and it'll be better I think, but still pretty good and you can get some nice damage global implicit mods on rapiers or daggers, like 120%crit for dagger or 70%crit multi for rapiers.

I think DW is actually pretty nice in this game, you get good implicit globals, you get 15%attackspeed as default for DWing which is a pretty high number and you can also block and get 15% base block which is a fair amount, while in most games DW would be like 2H in terms of defense. DW is basically inbetween shield and 2H, it does the damage of 2H via attackspeed rather than bigger hits but it also gets a decent amount of physical avoidance via block. You can also double up on passives by using a weapon type passives and DW specific passives, both of which let you cherry pick the most efficient nodes per skill point which generally give you higher DPS.

If most abilities had DW support(or hell if there was a DW support gem even) where you hit for like even 50% less per weapon(so 100% total), DW would be beast. It's the lack of ability that makes it undesirable, not the mechanics.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
free key, only a few days left, i just wanted to support the guys so SHTC5-ZKUXF-JQ9ND-TJ77P
Thanks a lot bro =)

I'm very interested in trying out this game so this should be perfect. Is it possible to create a class that feels like D2s necromancer? I.e, I want the zookeeper, a fuckton of minions to do my bidding.

atalakas

Thanks a lot bro =)

I'm very interested in trying out this game so this should be perfect. Is it possible to create a class that feels like D2s necromancer? I.e, I want the zookeeper, a fuckton of minions to do my bidding.
Glad to be of help, i was in game most of last night, should be back in this evening, day off, tryign to get some maps, its one part ive never played, hit me up on my witch later name is Tealz

Freekshow_sl

shitlord
I've been alternating between a summoner witch and a DW Dagger Shadow. The shadow is 45ish, so far i've been going total glass cannon. I can tear stuff up, but if a few mobs focus me and I dont evade enough I get crushed fast. It's really fun to play using flicker to jump around to stuff and get out. Will most likely going with a summoner once Open beta starts however.

atalakas

ya summoner witch is just.. completly op.. with the right 2 legendaries i would be pumping out 3 specs 15 skells and 11 zombies... would be glorious to see that screen lagging monstrosity