Path of Exile

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Welp, i'm done with this game for a while I think. Ripped at 59 in cruel Grand Arena in the arena with the 3 orange guys. Killed the whirlwinder no problem, caster guy runs up and drops vaal summon skeletons on me, rip in less than 2 seconds. 2600 hps, capped resists, granite flask, couple insta-heal on low-life pots, didn't do a thing for me.
That sounds unlikely, the skeletons dont do any damage. Also insta-heal on low life pots are terrible.

Im not saying that act 4 doesnt do crazy damage, it does, but the skeletons in that fight only tickle. Its more likely you didnt see what killed you in that mess of skeletons, a flamability/flameblast, cyclone on top of you, etc.

Morph_hammer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just started playing this a few days ago. Following a guide for a tornado shot ranger so I don't fuck up my passive build.

in game name is Averion, playing the warband league. Level 40 atm. Just started act 4, it's pretty brutal.

Hit me up in-game if you wanna team up.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
That sounds unlikely, the skeletons dont do any damage. Also insta-heal on low life pots are terrible.

Im not saying that act 4 doesnt do crazy damage, it does, but the skeletons in that fight only tickle. Its more likely you didnt see what killed you in that mess of skeletons, a flamability/flameblast, cyclone on top of you, etc.
I'm not saying the skellies were necessarily what killed me but them and the guy who casts them were the only mobs on screen. The cyclone mob was already dead. Maybe the cycloner got detonated on me, if that wasn't it then I dunno what else in that fight could've chunked me so fast.

Also, when you don't have 18000 alts to roll pots with you have to settle with what you get when you hit staunching/heat.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah devouring totem is almost a must in HC cuz dem corpse explodes

Lost my first tempest char due to some rogue exile that suicided on death and cleared a city block

Caliane

was probably the witch rogue exile with minion instability. Minara? She casts vaal summon skel.

Though an invisible flameblast could do it too. that guy did hit me with a few that I never saw, until it chunked 90% of my life.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just finished Act 1... er where are the Forsaken Masters? I remember doing shitloads of quests for them during Act 1 when that expansion came out, this time NONE.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
was probably the witch rogue exile with minion instability. Minara? She casts vaal summon skel.

Though an invisible flameblast could do it too. that guy did hit me with a few that I never saw, until it chunked 90% of my life.
Wasn't Minara, she wasn't in there. If the third guy in the room uses flameblast then it could've been him and I just didn't see the circle in the skellies.

Masters are everywhere when you don't want em/need em and then they disappear when you do.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They nerfed Minara anyway, her minions don't have instability anymore. I was instagibbed by cruel kaom's groundslam with 3.7k hp's, gg no re.

The Piety and Malachai fights are beyond imbalanced.
Im having trouble even with Daresso.

I got destroyed by Piety on first char after lolfacetanking everything up to her.

2nd char died on a stupid mistake i made

3rd toon, decide to play it safe and not try Piety until im well geared and rdy. Since we killed Daresso so easily on my 1st time around, im careful but not too much, i mean i help in the fight (lol). Bam, one shot (or 2, but first shot depleted basically my entire life sphere, had like 1500 with tank gear).

Is it possible that theyre not releasing the end of the tempest league (to my knowledge) because of stuff like this, that they want to smooth things a bit before setting a deadline?

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
Judging by boosted viewer numbers on twitch this game has new content? Is it much better now or just same old shit?

I played HC league awhile back I think a year and a half ago or so it was a decent replacement for the suckfest D3 turned out to be but overall it didn't hold my attention very long.. too many possibilities for random gib deaths turned me off HC and it seemed like all the *fun* builds the game boasted about having were only playable on softcore and if you were stupid rich. If you played HC leagues and didn't play 50 hours a week you were really fucking limited to what you could run viably. I think if I picked it up again i'd go softie.

edit: Invasion, that's the last league I played

Ryanz

<Banned>
I dunno whats going on this league/expansion but I'm having very unusual deaths (for me). Died on NORMAL act 4 doing people of the gutter. I was exhausted from work and kinda zombie playing, but even still somehow got trucked and lost 1400 hp very quickly. Dunno if it's just me or act 4 being not very balanced. I'm now officially a person of the gutter.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just finished Act 1... er where are the Forsaken Masters? I remember doing shitloads of quests for them during Act 1 when that expansion came out, this time NONE.
In that last league before the whole beta/Act 4 shut-down, I started a new hardcore character and didn't find my first master until Cruel Act 3. Shit was ridiculous, and I was doing FULL zone clears, not just racing through as fast as possible.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Judging by boosted viewer numbers on twitch this game has new content? Is it much better now or just same old shit?

I played HC league awhile back I think a year and a half ago or so it was a decent replacement for the suckfest D3 turned out to be but overall it didn't hold my attention very long.. too many possibilities for random gib deaths turned me off HC and it seemed like all the *fun* builds the game boasted about having were only playable on softcore and if you were stupid rich. If you played HC leagues and didn't play 50 hours a week you were really fucking limited to what you could run viably. I think if I picked it up again i'd go softie.

edit: I remember just after I stopped playing last time or as I was stopping they introduced a league with some kind of jeweler's boxes or something you could find in the world and open up for loot? Don't recall the specifics..
I mean the game is actually hard now. I like it a bunch. You gotta be S U P E R safe in act 4.

The rest of these guys in tempest not getting my help with cruel a4 stuff are just doing it wrong.

Caliane

just did that trio on cruel. also level 59. blew through it.

one guy was casting flame trap. hence the "invis" fire hits.
more then 3? he was clearly an archer. throwing flame traps. cyclone guy. other guy was casting SRS this time. think he might be the flameblast guy?

redid. yeah the SRS guy does flameblast, a fire ice spear, and vaal skel. vaal skel seemed to be on his death this time.
the flametrap wasn't doing any damage to me. the flameblast was about 30% of my hp.

Ryanz

<Banned>
need to kick some people out of the guild that no longer log in and invite some of these new bloods. Tried to invite a couple ppl who posted in this thread and the guild is full, with about 15-20 ppl who don't log in anymore.

Vitality

HUSTLE
need to kick some people out of the guild that no longer log in and invite some of these new bloods. Tried to invite a couple ppl who posted in this thread and the guild is full, with about 15-20 ppl who don't log in anymore.
boot their sorry asses