Path of Exile

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Updated my guide thingie on page 7. Asked Draegan if he could move the post but it's apparently not possible, he suggested making a new thread with the guide as first post and closing this one/linking it to the new one. Thoughts?

And Sparko I can log in fine.
Yes, please do this Pyros. Love reading your skill/tactic analysis in any game. This game especially needs it.

(Can't find that guide anyways).

Caliane

yeah, CI took a huge hit.
Discipline nerfed. ES on gear nerfed.
Less chaos damage all around. And chaos resist added to items, and passives.

Hard to justify.

The life regen giving ES however, might be really good. I assume it will be in the templar area.

twincannon_sl

shitlord
Hm I wanted to go a strength heavy Iron Grip build to start with but with the "significantly increased requirements" I'm not so sure that is a safe bet for OB anymore. Granted half the reason I was doing the build was to make an easy melee build that I could subtly switch to ranged sometime in the 50's.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yes, please do this Pyros. Love reading your skill/tactic analysis in any game. This game especially needs it.

(Can't find that guide anyways).
Guide is on page 7 near the end, lots of spoiler tags to make it less scary. I made a new thread but Draegan is probably sleeping, when he wakes up he'll try to merge this thread into the new one so nothing is lost but I get first post, I'll post the guide and I'll also try to keep a name list kinda updated, probably just make a shitty google doc people can edit, need to figure out how to make it so people don't just write whatever the fuck over the whole thing I remember someone made one like this for D3 I think it was.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Guide is on page 7 near the end, lots of spoiler tags to make it less scary. I made a new thread but Draegan is probably sleeping, when he wakes up he'll try to merge this thread into the new one so nothing is lost but I get first post, I'll post the guide and I'll also try to keep a name list kinda updated, probably just make a shitty google doc people can edit, need to figure out how to make it so people don't just write whatever the fuck over the whole thing I remember someone made one like this for D3 I think it was.
I don't see any guides on page 7, how many posts per page do you have this site set to?

EDIT: Found it, it's on page 14 if you use the default settings.

Dashivax

N00b
Discharge doesn't give charges. If you want power charges you need to use Power Siphon(the wand attack) or you need to wear the Unique chest Voll's Protector(which has shit ES and eats 50% of your max mana). So it's unlikely you'll have power charges unless you build for it. Technically you could run a wand siphon+frenzy conduit char, adding frenzy to a typical wand wouldn't be so bad, wand is fairly meh I guess though but you could like EB wand + frenzy + siphon + conduit feeding tons of charges to other guy. Auras are fairly shitty with spells in general however and Discharge is a spell so yeah probably not good either.

I think a Discharge spammer could work in a team build with more people where there's a few different people using more balanced builds(and one EB wand) but with conduit and feeding him endurance/frenzy, and basically the discharger just focus on elemental/spell dmg, crit/crit dmg and cast speed and just spam discharges with whatever he gets non stop. Could be fun even but the Discharge build would be absolute shit out of this group ^^.
Wand with Power Siphon is one of the best scaling attacks in the game. With 7 power charges you get 350% crit chance and 42% increased damage from Fusillade. It can out damage any bow build, while also being able to use a shield. Not only that but it takes a very small passive point investment to make the build work, letting you get just about anything else you want from the top half of the tree.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I don't see any guides on page 7, how many posts per page do you have this site set to?

EDIT: Found it, it's on page 14 if you use the default settings.
Yup 14 here too. Thanks.

Pyros that looks great, thank you. I know you've said it doesn't matter what class you go, but two or three basic outlines of builds/skills to take as a noob for first time play through would make that write up just perfect.

Khane

Is there a list form layout of all the "big" passives (i.e. Chaos Innoculation) somewhere? Trying to navigate the tree in a browser as a noob to see what's available is daunting.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So is the Open Beta basically the real release? Ie you can get on, start making a character and that character is going to be there through release and beyond now?

Caliane

yes. its basically a soft release schedule. open beta is release. No more resets/wipes.

Although, new leagues might occur I'm sure.

twincannon_sl

shitlord
Is there a list form layout of all the "big" passives (i.e. Chaos Innoculation) somewhere? Trying to navigate the tree in a browser as a noob to see what's available is daunting.
yeah, even with "fullscreen" mode it's a pain due to no zooming.

There's a nice 3rd party app that lets you zoom in and out and lists your total amount of passive gain, lets you search for nodes, etc. pretty handy -http://code.google.com/p/path-of-exi...lTree_1.31.zip

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Thanks for the build help Pyros. If I wanted to use Spell totem + Skeletons for meat shields would I need any investment in minion nodes?

Khane

Do support gems stack? For instance, can I link 2 minion life gems to a summon zombie gem?

Krag

Peasant
Do support gems stack? For instance, can I link 2 minion life gems to a summon zombie gem?
No, they won't stack.

Thanks for the build help Pyros. If I wanted to use Spell totem + Skeletons for meat shields would I need any investment in minion nodes?
You probably have to qualify what you mean by meat shields. I don't think skeletons will ever tank even close to as well as zombies if you are thinking of them as to actually take a beating. If you mean more in the sense of distractions that might work with no minion nodes, but I'm not sure how they hold up past 60 or so.

In general it will also be hard to tell until we know how minion health scales after the patch changes.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
You probably have to qualify what you mean by meat shields. I don't think skeletons will ever tank even close to as well as zombies if you are thinking of them as to actually take a beating. If you mean more in the sense of distractions that might work with no minion nodes, but I'm not sure how they hold up past 60 or so.

In general it will also be hard to tell until we know how minion health scales after the patch changes.
Yeah I was thinking along the line of just a replacement for decoy totem but I might just use that and use spell totem for Ice Spear.

Krag

Peasant
Is there a Paladin-ish build you could point me towards?
There isn't really much in the way of healing spells as such, so it depends a bit on how you see your paladin. If you want something like a 1h+shield with a mix of melee and buffing then that would probably be a templar using lightning strike and a couple or more auras, maybe with a rejuvenation totem. His starting area is well suited for that style of play.

The online passive tree will be updated in 2-3 hours, after that it will be easier to point to some starting builds.