Path of Exile

Caliane

yeah, I've lost more then a few nice items to only clicking twice, when I apparently needed to click over and over, on items, in pub games with loot whores. Its probably pathing as khane suggested.

pigfish_sl

shitlord
The minion mess need to be fixed asap, about 50% of the public games do not want any minions and I understand that. I run 3 spectres and 9 zombies and 12 skeletons, can't really click on enemies with all that crap running around.

Charles_sl

shitlord
I didn't consider the quality of the auras gems also increasing their radius, seems like quality gems combined with high level gems would be plenty. Right now with only gems leveled to a mid 60s requirement my minions often times go out of their range, that's a good suggestion to spec into it as much as I need and then respec out of them as I get quality auras and/or level up my gems more.

That's a great suggestion to disable targeting on minions, there's really no need to do it, I don't even check on their health honestly, I simply check the number now and again and resummon anything that is missing. I assume most people do that as scanning through that many minions sounds extremely tedious and not worth the time at all.

The collision issue also makes sense to me. I find it difficult to path around players in general so that makes perfect sense that they are also in between me and my items as well. I find that really frustrating. Spam clicking on your loot does seem to work better but it also has its own set of drawbacks as well, especially if you have to walk up to the item causing them to shift around, which causes you to pick up a lot of nonsense white items and basically just wastes your time in general.

Overall the loot system is just not fun. The only "competition" is who can spam click the fastest. It's retarded.

Also, and this is something that I've posted on the official Path of Exile forums, back in Diablo II, which is what everyone over there seems to look to for guidance, their beacon in the darkness of ARPGs, nobody spam clicked to pick up items and if they did then it wasn't for very long. If you played Diablo II for very long you likely used some sort of loot modification that picked up the items that you wanted for you. There was no "competition" of who could click the fastest with the lowest latency and the most perfect timing to get the loot.

Some of those people over there are so fucking retarded. They are living in Diablo II dreamland where half of the players (likely more) weren't cheating all of the time.

Freekshow_sl

shitlord
My Main is a 65 Witch Summoner. This is the build Im using, just kinda of made it up as I went along.

Right now for skills Im using

Specter - Greater Multiple Projectiles, Minion Damage, Increased Critical Strikes
Raise Zombie - Minion Life, Minion Damage, Lighting Damage
Raise Skeleton - Spell Totem, Minion Damage, Lightning Damage
Enfeeble + Vulnerability - Increased Area, Faster Casting
Clarity
Fireball + Firestorm - Faster Casting

Basically rely on my minions to do everything. Skeletons on bosses for damage since they explode with Minion Instability. Throw out double curses on bosses and large packs.

Seems to be doing fine for me. I only play with a small group of friends and they have grown used to my minions. Only complaint (that even I have) is targeting some stuff when its the only thing up and surrounded by a ton of minions.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
When the OB started, quite a few people were saying that summoners aren't as good anymore as they used to be, especially come act 3. How did that work out for you, really annoying or quite doable?

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's exactly the same system as Diablo 2 so why the complaints?
Farm items solo, farm exp as a group but don't expect any items.

The whole point is making your own items from whites and orbs anyway lol?

Caliane

Its actually worse in d2, there is no timer there.

The timer is good. hell. The loot whoring is what killed Kripp. Thats good.
They could increase it a bit. Increase the pick up range.

Freekshow_sl

shitlord
There are a few zones in act 3 that make me want to cut myself as well as glad Im leveling with a Marauder and Templar. Specifically the Cryptorium and any of the sewers that have the poison cloud guys. My zombies have something like 5.6k life and the poison can kill all 9 of them in seconds.

All in all they seem pretty close to Closed Beta. I played a shadow in closed and only leveled my summoner to like 38, so dont have much else to compare to.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah act3 is just annoying as shit, too many retarded mobs for minions. Act1 and Act2 still easy, other than specific mobs like the exploding guys or firedogs. You don't get to choose in maps though so that's a bit annoying I assume, but eh, people are doing them fine, it just feels quite a bit weaker but not in the right way. I would have rather they nerfed the damage than the tankability of zombies, atm if they're not getting exploded by aoes, they still hit like trucks especially with vulnerability on.

Will probably remake a summoner at some point, even though most likely not a pure summoner. Maybe something like a melee summoner with dominating blow or some stupid nonsense like that, sounds fun ^^.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Will probably remake a summoner at some point, even though most likely not a pure summoner. Maybe something like a melee summoner with dominating blow or some stupid nonsense like that, sounds fun ^^.
I was thinking about a mass aura, eldritch battery, dominating blow witch or templar build today. Seems like it would work quite well.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
With summons you mean? Cause dominating blow is complete fucking ass on its own. It does no additional damage and it costs a fuckton of mana too so you can't heavy support it(well maybe in an EB build). I was thinking of like running it in a dual dagger build maybe or some shit like that I don't know, want fast attack speed for it to work well though since the debuff to proc the rez only lasts .5secs.

Glad I bought a quality explosive arrow today, Kripp's new build involves explosive arrow so the prices are probably going to skyrocket for a couple of weeks. Bought a 14% for 1GCP only cause it's a shitty gem so the guy didn't even flinch, but in a couple of days I'm sure I'll be happy to find it for 3. His build seems kinda shaky though. I'm not sure he realizes how much setups he's gonna need to use remote mines explosive arrow, a cast time for the mine, a cast time for the detonation, a delay on the explosion, takes forever to fire. Granted apparently the main aspect of his build are going to be the dual shockwave totems with added fire and blackgleam quiver and probably a bunch of +fire and +elemental dmg to pump that damage super high.

Good thing is maybe people will keep their +2bow bows now, though I can find an upgrade to quill rain eventually. Atm trying to find anyone who actually keeps a bow that's not a +%phys with elemental dmg is basically impossible, no one even bother. For explosive all your need is attack speed% and +gem level stuff.

Caliane

yeah, was running with a dual gmp ice spear, and traps witch today. was pretty decent. she was dual curse for temp chains/frostbite as well.

I also picked up Inner focus. wasn't sure prior, but after getting it. pretty beast. people always talk about auras. never mention it works on flasks as well.
88% max resists with a flask up. (90 with current purity)
+52% runspeed on quicksilver.

I kindof want to make a reflect build. tempest shield, molten shield, reflect shield, punishment curse, enduring cry

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I kindof want to make a reflect build. tempest shield, molten shield, reflect shield, punishment curse, enduring cry
Molten shell would kill everything before the rest matters. It does an absurd amount of dmg, with the only downside is you one shot yourself quite often if you molten shell on an elem reflect pack.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You know... the first build I wanted to try was a "stunlock" build. The reason I didn't do it is because I figured bosses couldn't be stunned and rares had a very low chance.

Well I just watched Kripp kill vaal in merciless... vaal never even attacked him... he kept him permastunned from 100 to 0... How long til that gets nerfed?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You know... the first build I wanted to try was a "stunlock" build. The reason I didn't do it is because I figured bosses couldn't be stunned and rares had a very low chance.

Well I just watched Kripp kill vaal in merciless... vaal never even attacked him... he kept him permastunned from 100 to 0... How long til that gets nerfed?
That's why he's rerolling, devs already said they're gonna nerf it. He said Chris mentionned they might leave it like that for trash mobs but give bosses some sort of diminishing returns/immunity to stuns or whatever to make it impossible to stun lock them like trash mobs.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Kripp keeps breaking the game... It's pretty funny. I just don't have the drive to number crunch everything in the game like he does, but he seems to do a very good job at it.

Dashivax

N00b
Just died for the second time on HC during a loading screen. Apparently your character does not leave the zone you are in until you finish loading. Very anti-climatic way to lose a character when you just get dropped to character select.

Caliane

Kripp keeps breaking the game... It's pretty funny. I just don't have the drive to number crunch everything in the game like he does, but he seems to do a very good job at it.
well if playing games was your job...

And yeah, I just assumed bosses would have had a threshold on stuns. seems like a design oversight.

Dahlrek_sl

shitlord
I don't think it's really a design oversight unless it's utterly obvious that the mechanic is going to break down. Preemptively designing around mechanics that might break down is the design equivalent of preemptive optimization in software engineering - it makes things messy, complicated, hard to understand, and has a good chance of being a solution in search of a problem.

That said, crowd control is a mechanic that always breaks down. Stun already has a built-in counter which is the life-based threshold, so bosses with lots of life would be hard to stun, so they probably thought they were safe. I didn't bother looking at his build, but I assumed the only way it works is by approaching 100% stun threshold reduction?

Anyway, I love this game. It's everything D3 should have been and more (though the group loot system and tiny inventory bug me). I am really looking forward to some new skills, and will probably make this the first F2P game I ever give money to.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's not approaching, it's 100%. The flaw in their design is you can reach 100% fairly easily(he does it with a unique claw but that's only so he doesn't have to use the stun gem or all the passives) and that it actually works on bosses. They're fixing it though. People used to run stun treshold builds but I don't think anyone ever bothered stacking it to 100% to check what it does.

I wonder what kind of timeline they're looking at for first major patch. Now that launch issues are mostly fixed and servers seem to have stabilized(didn't disconnect once today) I wonder what we're looking at, like new big patch within a month or more like 3months. Or maybe smaller patches?