Path of Exile

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thregin Thregin more TS vs Barrage ruminations.

IIRC my TS mechanics correctly, you have to aim your TS behind a target for it to be able to be hit by the initial volley and then the resulting secondary arrows. Both of these hits represent the spells you want to proc, so in order to keep them on cooldown, your attack speed has to approach 1/(0.15/(1+CDR)). This is a hard APS for this build to achieve, so hence the switch barrage for single target.

Calculating the APS needed for barrage is a bit screwy since it's not a smooth amount of projectiles. Let's ignore that for now. No extra projectiles(your Dying Sun is out of charges), means you need 2/(5*0.15/(1+CDR)). This is a much easier APS to achieve.

Scourge Arrow might be worth considering. The delay on the pods will be screwy, but if you've used the skill before for clearing, it's easy to adapt to. Channeling for only 0.15s though, not so much.

I've done uber elder twice now with this build, 1 death first go and 0 for the second. And barrage (which i used both times), mechanicly, is decent on this fight cause they thankfully dont move around very much, and if you get a good opportunity you easily phase in a few seconds. Positioning is much more key for this build compared to say cyclone, you even wanna try to line up the portals for the add phase.

I should have around 4 aps with tailwind running so yea im not near reaching the cooldown with TS. But even whitout running this math just by the nature of switching out gmp for a damage multiplier obviously leads to barrage being better single target.

Never used scourge arrow so cant make an informed comment on that. Your assassin variant does seem like a fitting ascendancy for this build with a nice survival boost with elusive and no reflects. The actual dps is harder to judge from just the pob but seems good. Maybe ill try it out myself hehe.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Left these in guild stash if someone is leveling zombies or sceptres. No idea if they are decent for low lvl or not. I didn't need but lots of people playing it now.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I usually wouldn't ask, but if there's anyone quitting with a summoner could I take it for a bit? I had planned to give it a try but got roped into WoW-classic.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you want to do baron you need quite a lot of gear. Same for golems. Spectre high end also needs a bunch of good gear but can do fine with low gear. Skeleton/zombie/spectre mix kinda requires fuck all though and does a good enough job, that's what I've been playing.

My build as it is currently, pretty happy with it overall, quite a lot of defenses and still solid damage.

Pretty cheap to put together overall, mine gets on the more expensive side but originally had much cheaper stuff.

Wand is a lot but a normal +1 minion wand with minion damage or minion speed(then crafting the other) is enough and is what I used before, that's like 5c, chest was pretty cheap when I bought it early in the league, helm is the most expensive part, paid 4ex for it, could have been cheaper without the burning damage but couldn't find a decent minion damage+3 life helm and got tired of waiting, build was working fine with my old +2 though. Gloves I farmed myself buying Unbreathing Queen IV and running it in story, then spamming coins to get V for really cheap and running cemetery, other rare slots not worth anything.

Has good life, good ES(with mistress+spirit offering, goes up to 1900), MoM with decent mana, 2 end charges, 10% damage reduced from amulet, ok block/spellblock especially during flasks, a bit of armor(could be higher with better gear but meh), stun immunity, +1 all max resists, 15% phys reduction(on top of the endcharges), 800ish life regen(pretty much never actually use the flask unless I get dunked on, dots and shit just can't get though the life regen+MoM).

I will do something without MoM next league though, it's annoying to play with. It's ok with an enduring mana flask since you can just keep it running at all times but it sucks otherwise and there's stupid shit like getting caught in the darkness in delve and then not being able to flame dash cause you're at 0mana and the dot keeps eating all your mana, obviously can flare but it's annoying. On the flipside between the life regen and the mana regen with the flask, I can stay in the dark without my life moving for a lot longer than usual so that's nice.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I respect this mans ability to like.. full on make a real video guide for fast leveling haha

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Kyth I got some good wand/shield shit to get started for specs/zombies. Hit me up in game , I'll be there later tonight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What does quality for a gem do? I notice that currency for it exists but seems to be pretty rare. I also found a spectre gem already at 8%. Is that worth leveling over using currency?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
What does quality for a gem do? I notice that currency for it exists but seems to be pretty rare. I also found a spectre gem already at 8%. Is that worth leveling over using currency?

Each gem does something special. The wiki says what.

eg for Raise Spectre

1568851379565.png

You can also sell misc skill gems to a vendor. Anytime that the quality is 40% you get a GCP out of it. If a single gem is 20% quality, you get a GCP. You can sell a level 20 gem, 0% quality to a vendor, along with 1 GCP, to get a level 1 gem of the same at 20% quality.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Gambling was friendly to me today.

I put this up for a fuckload, though I don't know if its worth this league, but its got to be worth quite a lot.

1568876471866.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Meh I did a few of the ones I had stocked, granted low tier ones(2 to 6 one of each) and I barely broke even from one of them dropping a stacked deck that had the 2 exalt card(so 33c). Rest often had 5-10c worth of crap, and considering they cost 15+c for the most part, it wasn't that great, considering the time involved.

It was low tiers though, higher tiers might be better, and low sample size so we'll see I'll run some more tomorrow need to finish these challenges. They definitely drop a lot of stuff, just not very valuable. Good part is the "open x" challenge is a lot easier, getting packs of 4-5pustules at once per map speeds up that shit.

Right now what scares me the most about the challenge is the one that involves using a golden oil on a blighted map, I'm affraid I'll get an unkillable rhoa or a boss spawn right next to the pump and lose 1+ex to bullshit. I'm keeping it for last, will see if they have some more patches until then.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Granted i've only done 3 and a fail(tier 3-7) so far but ive gotten 1 ex, 2 annuls, 1 six link, some div cards with value and the usual assortment of currency.
So i dont know what the maps go for right now since ive only run stuff that dropped for me personally and maybe it's more worthwhile to just sell the maps.
Atleast for anyone that does ssf (not me) its a big source of whatever you might need when you can turn 1 blighted map drop into some of what i mentioned.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
As previously noted I've been super lazy. I finally played and ascended. Big difference on my pathfinder now that I have poison proliferation. Finally started doing blights and winning lol.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've done uber elder twice now with this build, 1 death first go and 0 for the second. And barrage (which i used both times), mechanicly, is decent on this fight cause they thankfully dont move around very much, and if you get a good opportunity you easily phase in a few seconds. Positioning is much more key for this build compared to say cyclone, you even wanna try to line up the portals for the add phase.

I should have around 4 aps with tailwind running so yea im not near reaching the cooldown with TS. But even whitout running this math just by the nature of switching out gmp for a damage multiplier obviously leads to barrage being better single target.

Never used scourge arrow so cant make an informed comment on that. Your assassin variant does seem like a fitting ascendancy for this build with a nice survival boost with elusive and no reflects. The actual dps is harder to judge from just the pob but seems good. Maybe ill try it out myself hehe.
I tried out Scourge Arrow last night. It's a bleh middle ground if you really don't feel like swapping gems. It does well in tight linear maps but the spread isn't as good as Tornado Shot. The single target is really annoying, too many clicks.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Mama Mia, i bought a dagger for my poison assassin last night that has the mod for 60% chance poison damage does 100% more damage or something like that
And my damage just instantly boosted big time haha

I'm struggling to progress on maps though i feel like i fucked up.

Basically i finish 1 tier of maps fully, then move to the next. I don't really farm out the next tier of maps before moving on. Now i'm stuck around midway tier 7. I started just running all my T6 maps and i've been catching up though