Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Honestly the biggest problem with bladestorm is using lions roar. The knockback just pushes everything out of the storms and fucks it all up, so if I try it again I'm gonna skip that and see if it feels any better.

Lot of damage to give up though.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well, boys, my body is ready. Currently active snowstorm for the next 24-48 hours, corona virus shutting my city down, and new PoE league.

I will say that, for the first time ever, I think my initial PoE play session will be co-opted by another game. Borderlands 3 releases today on Steam and I think I would rather co-op that than opening night of the PoE league. That admission actually makes me a little sad.

But I think when I get up on Sat morning I will be poop-socking my cyclone starter through the day.

Good luck everyone, and may the drops favor you.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider

This is the build I was planning on starting, 16k HP and block/spell block capped with no crazy items. DPS is meh but Soulrend clears really well and Allelopathy/Blight will still put out 500k DPS against bosses which is more than enough to kill anything.

Still trying to rework this into an EK/Blade Blast build for Archmage support but I think I'm going to wait on that until later when I can see how clunky or not that ends up being.

Thank, I did a SR build last league, I'll try this with a Scion.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I honestly don't know why people ever play Hierophant, other than a small number of builds Scion seems strictly superior to the entire ascendancy.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m going to try to start kinetic bolt with either arc or ball lightning as spellslinger on assassin with Storm brand as my backup. Zero interest in really squeezing this league so I’m probably just going to play a few builds for a week or two then out.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Torn between ED/Contagion or Lacerate/Impale gladiator. New notables make Impale even juicier so probably going with that. Easy to respec to Cyclone if Lacerate doesn't feel right. Good luck boys.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lacerate is insanely strong. Lower boss DPS thatn cyclone but way better map clear.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I’m going to try to start kinetic bolt with either arc or ball lightning as spellslinger on assassin with Storm brand as my backup. Zero interest in really squeezing this league so I’m probably just going to play a few builds for a week or two then out.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I think kinetic blast with Spellslinger cremation or Volatile was my first plan. although the others were tempting. I have doubts if Archmage is league starter ideal. mana drain is going to be so high so fast.

Ziz put together a KB +spellslinger VD league starter vid. It looks pretty close to what I was looking at. necro+spiritual aide etc.. so, ill probably be doing close to this.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why caustic arrow and raider? Onslaught doesn't benefit caustic arrow's dot damage, right?

Caustic Arrow because I have never played it and it seems like it will be good for the league mechanic. Also seems like it's not crazy popular, so possibly cheaper gear than say ED/Cont.

Raider for movespeed, phasing, dodge chance, - to enemy accuracy, and immunity to ailments mostly. It adds a ton of defense to the build since it's for HC.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm going ball lightning mines, they took a small nerf but should be a good starter. After playing ignite as a starter last league which was terrible, I won't be veering into anything new.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think kinetic blast with Spellslinger cremation or Volatile was my first plan. although the others were tempting. I have doubts if Archmage is league starter ideal. mana drain is going to be so high so fast.

Ziz put together a KB +spellslinger VD league starter vid. It looks pretty close to what I was looking at. necro+spiritual aide etc.. so, ill probably be doing close to this.
The PoB is alright for a "new" player, but the reasoning for everything is probably way beyond a new players understanding (watching the video for an explanation).

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Caustic Arrow because I have never played it and it seems like it will be good for the league mechanic. Also seems like it's not crazy popular, so possibly cheaper gear than say ED/Cont.

Raider for movespeed, phasing, dodge chance, - to enemy accuracy, and immunity to ailments mostly. It adds a ton of defense to the build since it's for HC.

I feel that you get better defense and damage out of trickster.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user