Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Brands(as many people currently enjoy it) are dead. The playstyle they're pushing might actually be good, idk, but a few of these changes look suspect on paper.

As a small change to remove some more of the potential passivity of Brands, Brands now return to their original or recalled location when dropped by monsters, rather than the dropped monster's location. This puts a greater focus on Brand Attachment Range, and prevents the Brand from disappearing into the distance while killing monsters you've yet to see.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If Spellslinger is any indication...0.5s activation frequency. Which would be doa.
Yeah, they're going to have to add a major activation frequency enchant or nodes for that to be possible. One reason I gave up on a spellslinger build is it pretty much requires the enchant to scale well enough for my taste. I hate anything that really requires the lab enchant. Its dumb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Standards not the place to learn the game on. Trading on standards a bit different to the leagues, it can be a bit harder and depending on what you want it can be pretty expensive. You might as well just play the league, the story will be the same and the added mechanics are optional most of the time.

There's not really any class combinations that help each other out in poe. One of you can roll what's called an Aurabot. The Aurabot often doesn't really do much except provide many buffs for the other player(s) and at the same time debuffing/cursing enemys. A simple aurabot is very easy and cheap to start up, they do make the game fun in a duo. While the Aruabot can dps in a group, it's often not really viable as everything is dead. An aurabots good for cyclone as you'll get attack speed, movement speed, survivability from debuffed mobs etc.

That's the best way to play a duo in poe. I don't know any current Aurabot builds but there should be plenty of them on the poe forums.

Thanks appreciate the feedback guys. I did forget to mention apparently i bought some currency on my extremely brief stint playing last year so on standard i have ~3k chaos, 55 exalted, 30 divine orbs sitting in the bank and my 29 tornado shot ranger i was building with alot of the higher end gear purchased during a league. I was under the impression the march league ends soon for the new one so it would probably be easier to show him the game on standard and get some decent gear just to let him learn and enjoy it. 50/50 he will even play as he is 16 and unlike when i was a kid seems like this gen struggle with complex game mechanics and just want action and gore....

Figured 16 days to teach him the ropes and learn myself and then start fresh on the new league? Think he is set with duelist>cyclone build, not sure what i'd go to compliment that on new leauge, trying out a blade vortex build with him and will level my ranger solo or did they nerf tornado shot to the ground?

Fuck i'd donate $100 to GGG for a fucking AH of some sort, please take my money.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
in those circumstances, he will be completely self-sufficient, and anything you play alongside it will be totally fine as well. Synergy really means nothing when both players just one-shot their own packs and only stick together because they feel like it.

I played with my brother for a while and it was just like that - whoever is in the lead just slays everything with their own skills and the other player just kinda keeps up. when the frontrunner pauses for a split second to pick up a drop, the other person surges ahead to take their place and they just keep switching positions like that.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Thanks appreciate the feedback guys. I did forget to mention apparently i bought some currency on my extremely brief stint playing last year so on standard i have ~3k chaos, 55 exalted, 30 divine orbs sitting in the bank and my 29 tornado shot ranger i was building with alot of the higher end gear purchased during a league. I was under the impression the march league ends soon for the new one so it would probably be easier to show him the game on standard and get some decent gear just to let him learn and enjoy it. 50/50 he will even play as he is 16 and unlike when i was a kid seems like this gen struggle with complex game mechanics and just want action and gore....

Figured 16 days to teach him the ropes and learn myself and then start fresh on the new league? Think he is set with duelist>cyclone build, not sure what i'd go to compliment that on new leauge, trying out a blade vortex build with him and will level my ranger solo or did they nerf tornado shot to the ground?

Fuck i'd donate $100 to GGG for a fucking AH of some sort, please take my money.

You don't need expensive gear to learn the game really, it helps later but the first hurdle will be doing the story. The best items you can buy to help with that are cheap, Tabula Rasa 6l, Goldrim Hat, Wonderlust Boots or 7 league steps if you have the currency, normally a weapon or series or weapons that fit into your build.

If he's dead set on cyclone, he's much better off playing the jugg variants. They have a shitload more survivability compared to a duelist and are more fun and are tanky as hell.

Tornado shot isn't dead, people will always play it but it takes gearing.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff

Brands(as many people currently enjoy it) are dead. The playstyle they're pushing might actually be good, idk, but a few of these changes look suspect on paper.

Less area on Arcanist Brand looks abuseable because other than conc effect support there's basically no other sources of that. I'm definitely going to try out Firestorm/Icestorm brands because if it's like 50% less area you're going to have a situation on bosses where basically every single fire/ice drop hits the boss.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

I've already said that I will not buy any cosmetics and only the most necessary new stash tabs until they make major updates to trading.

If it is an AH I will throw down $500 in cosmetics the day it goes live. I will post pics to prove it.

• 1Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
spent 4 hours buying good leveling gear and key end game items for both of us and holy fuck is website buying annoying. The website search engine is pretty rock solid no complaints there but having to fucking whisper 20 people for one item hoping at least one cares enough to answer and then show up is just annoying as fuck. And then people have ZERO patience when you go into a hide out like taking 15 seconds to figure out which of the 20 people actually sent me invite on their alt with a different name is asking to much. Lost 4 items i was chasing because i didn't put currency in their window within the first 10 fucking seconds of joining the hideout.

Oh well, have pretty rock solid engame set for my blade vortez assisasian i'm playing along with his cyclone duelist. Still scared he wont stay long term as its a lot more confusing and the younger generation can't stay focused for more then fucking 5 seconds so i'll hold off on his items. Dropped probably 30 exalted and 1500 chaos in total but now i can just go enjoy the game with him for what it is and worry about super max optimization way down the road.

Thanks for suggestion on cyclone juggernaught, i'll have him look at that for new league. Is there a better juggernaught build then cyclone you would suggest? He isn't "set" on anything, he just liked that type of playstyle when we tried out Wolcen breifly.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The awful performance of this game is truly jarring after playing GD for a while. The league doesn’t help that at all, maybe the point isn’t to try and clear the map before the fog lifts but I’ve been doing that. It wouldn’t be nearly as bad if I wasn t chasing a goddamn timer but they just can’t help themselves.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Vulcan was a game changer for me. From like 15-20fps in juiced burial chambers to like 50+.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I have Vulcan on but the game is still nowhere near smooth. Lots of little stutters and laggy bits, occasional crashes, just the same old weird PoE shit that isnt present in GD so it really stands out now.

Ross

Peasant
Nice to see you don't want the game to be more appealing to people in between casual and poopsockers. I bet you only play games on the hardest mode because every other difficulty just gives it to you. Do you have fun talking about religion and politics at parties?

"Only poopsockers can play this game"

What a ridiculous statement

You can hit Red maps just wearing shit you found on the ground. A Tabula costs 10 chaos. Pushing further is just a matter of simple trading, and playing a decent build. Players like Mathil clearing the game with the shittiest builds possible.

Rage against the machine, Karen

• 2Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Some games are easier to come back to than others. WoW obviously actively promotes returning players because of their subscription model, but others do to varying degrees.

I can pick up a Borderlands game or Diablo 3, for example, and be back into it pretty darn quick. I may not fully urecall the nuances of the build or the details of changes that have been made since the last time I played, but it comes back pretty fast.

Path of Exile, on the other hand, always makes me feel like I just opened a 127 page tech manual written in Sanskrit.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah I took 3 leagues off and I'm sure it would be almost like starting over. Even moreso if I wanted to craft.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny talking about this because I’ve been scouring YouTube but unable to find a good streamer video summarizing delirium league. I don’t mean preview vids or early tips /tricks but a later in the league rehash of league mechanics /cluster jewel uses and strats , any new important uniques , changes to the base game that were important or other game changers etc. as someone who skipped just this last league I had to go back and spend a while digging around just to be prepared for next league, while at the same time trying to come up with a gimmicky harvest league build.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What would happen with arcanist brand attached to frost bolt and ice nova ? Would the ice nova go off on the frost bolts or would it still just case in sequence?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What would happen with arcanist brand attached to frost bolt and ice nova ? Would the ice nova go off on the frost bolts or would it still just case in sequence?
The question was in the brand thread but no dev answered. My guess would be that the way Ice Nova is coded, if there's a frost bolt active from that entity(the brand in this case), it cannot not fire on the frost bolt, so it'll cast nova on the bolt. That said not sure how good it is to put it on brands with them alternating between bolt and nova instead of doing one bolt > spam nova instead like you'd do manually, but haven't played the build so not sure if it was already a thing with CwC or CoC.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
CoC version uses two sources for triggering so that you're not wasting ice nova triggers.

I guarantee arcanist brand will release with an activation rate that will make it unappealing for builds that can already utilize other methods.