Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That assassin move speed nerf. Right in the heart. Love affair with cyclone CoC is over.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Recovery 6% life on flask use combined with halving the cooldown on flask charges recovered from crit really has me eyeing pathfinder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Yep. I’m quickly narrowing the builds I’m interested in. I think the assassin speed nerfs kill the ascendancy identity. It’s supposed to be fast and glass cannon.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Assassin's still a glass cannon!

For the amount of flask effectiveness Pathfinders usually get, 6% seems like nothing. Especially if you pair it with Indigon and an enduring mana flask.

I'm not sure the ICD change on crit flask charges will mean much. Let's say you have 4 flasks that you need to restore 20 charges each every 6s. You're still not generating enough charges with 100% dps time on the boss AND crits perfectly spaced apart. I wonder how flask charges gained effect a unit of 1.

You should still be eyeing Pathfinder, though.

Lulz, misread, 6% life when using any flask....hmmm, maybe.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ascendant Champion + Raider/Assassin will fuck bigly. Wrecked the popular builds like Trickster/Assassin pretty good. I like Trickster and what I liked it for is largely unchanged, but the ED/Contagion boys are feelin' it now!

Staff Bleed Glads are going to be all the rage. Staves have had really good jewels/passives for quite some time now, but due to inherent defensive implicits were slept on. Going to be much more max block staffers out there blowing shit up with bleed splosions. I like it.

Necromancer only got nerfed for non-pet Necros like slingers. The small amount of %inc minion damage is mostly irrelevant. Minion builds have more passive room than most builds and just stacked niche clusters or Ghastly's as they pleased.

Chieftan made classic Ancenstral Totem builds look REAL good.

Raider is amazing. Everything is just better. Everything. Can have perma Onslaught and/or Perma phasing with no generation needed. Also omega evade either route you take and immune to ailments 100% if you go elemental path.

Champion largely nerfed with double impale. It was the choice for HCSSF stuff. Losing a lot of damage out of that.

Elementalist looks great as you can now tailor to an element.

Occultist you can use cold or chaos general skills now, not DoT dependent. Bloom buff is great and not even close to needed. Going to be a lot more self cast icey bois with Occultist now. WORB RETURNS????

As for the Spectre nerfs it mostly hurts two people:

-People who used melee/attack spectres: this is your redemption sentries, apparently now Syndicate Operatives, and a few others. They'll have lower accuracy so they'll hit less on higher levels. Lvl 76 base sounds bad, but you're running +2 from ascendancy, +2 from a helm (maybe), +1 from the gem itself and possibly even more if you're using wands. So you're running lvl 81 spectres which do fine against lvl 84 mobs. The 3 levels is sweet spot for being effective in against mobs. For people like me who run Slave Drivers/Solar Guards/Vaal Risen Advocates this all means nothing. Spells have no hit check outside resists so spell spectres are mostly unchanged outside of some hp.

EDIT: Didn't realize they're lowering it to 72 FROM 76. 77 spectres are going to have a rough time with defense/offense checks against lvl 84+ mobs. Definitely RIP synicate ops and redemption sentries.

-People who use utility spectres. People who use Chieftans or taunt dogs or bubble bois. These spectres are usually on a 2-3 link and they'll die a lot more now. That's unfortunate, but for some one giving your team free frenzy charges nonstop, it's probably worth to put them on a 4 link now.

Caeden

Pathfinder seems fine to me. The only nerfs I think are bullshit without knowing changes to gems or tree are assassin speed and heiro totem x2

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmm cobra has has the bonus chain damage and 60% conversion right on the gem now, easy 100% convert for pathfinder now.

HMMMMMM

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The wailing and gnashing of teeth, like music to the ears. When was the last time GGG gave a good buttfucking to the meta? Easily already the best league in a while.

Does it help that the built I plan on starting(TR pathfinder) only got -20% AE, -30% chaos damage, and 15% more chaos damage? And that the build I plan to transition into(cold bv with indigon and splodey chest) looks to be untouched? Sure. But, IDK, I'd probably be buttmad if they had fucked up my plans, but this feels like they're paying attention again instead of Chris letting Mark, Neon, and Rory throw stupid amounts of power creep at the game.

• 1Like

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Xevy, I have been trying to get a handle on specters as a potential for the new league. One guide I was reading was on using summon phantasm support in conjunction with Life from Death, so as the phantasms die, it heals the others making them really tanky (using the frost sentinels). I just was looking for an updated guide for something like that, but not sure about its viability with the upcoming changes. You have any comments on that kind of build?

I'm honestly thinking I may just end up leveling up at least 2 characters if not 3.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Xevy, I have been trying to get a handle on specters as a potential for the new league. One guide I was reading was on using summon phantasm support in conjunction with Life from Death, so as the phantasms die, it heals the others making them really tanky (using the frost sentinels). I just was looking for an updated guide for something like that, but not sure about its viability with the upcoming changes. You have any comments on that kind of build?

I'm honestly thinking I may just end up leveling up at least 2 characters if not 3.
I saw that phantasm thing actually and it's pretty awesome. Just mega heals nonstop because they don't even have to fade, if they get resummoned it counts as a death a la SRS. Frost Sentinels are great clear, but squishy even with healing and very poor single target.

One of the Alt Quality Phantasm supports is actually really synergetic as it gives linked skills 60% increased damage. Not as good as a 40-60% more you'd get from most supports, but with the phantasms healing and helping (if you have synergetic links) it can be pretty good. Can also try and 5L or 6L a Soulwrest staff and throw spectres in there.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One of the necro nerf I don't get is them removing minion duration from mistress. Temporary minion builds aren't even that good? It just makes them more tedious. I feel at least it should have been moved somewhere(unless they're moving it on the tree, or on the gems, then it's fine I guess).

Lots of nerfs, some of the buffs are barely worth mentionning(stuff like lose 30% inc dmg but gain 10% attackspeed, probably a buff but feels like fucking nothing). Raider changes for example are kinda whatever, I guess now you truly have permanent phasing and onslaught instead of starting maps without them, also means all your cosmetics are worthless since you're permanently transparent, so that's an interesting choice. Scion still mostly looks like shit, they changed what the tree do to reflect the new stuff but a lot of the new stuff is still trash so there's only a handful of good ascendancies to grab out of that.

Mostly a bunch of nothing, other than the big reworked stuff.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Do you think they could manage that without a severe performance hit?

Yes, if they limited your trading to your hideout only, and all trading functions to hideout only with the exception of a notification that someone wants to trade.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They just need a "shop" you list your items on in your hideout and people can come in and buy them from the shop interaction. Done deal. No fake listings, no leaving maps to sell, and you still have to see what god awful hideout full of shit they have.

• 1Like

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Starting off with Berserker, then will probably do at least one dead eye build and one inquis build. Kinda strange that there's no lightning damage focused ascendancy like how fire has got a chieftan, and cold got half of occultist. Lightning just got some love via elementalist, but so do the other 2 elements. Really should give just raider some more lightning ascendancy nodes nodes that scale with attack speed(make shock scale with a number of fast hits? and why is raider still the only class with 6 total nodes anyways?)

They nerfed both my wander's ascendancy class AND my replica boot. Assassin is gonna feel like shit right now missing all that attack speed.