Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
For those asking about atlas in guild, this is the easiest way to understand it imo:

Xevy

Log Wizard
For those asking about atlas in guild, this is the easiest way to understand it imo:

I usually just willy nilly it and backcomplete to upgrade atlas complete percentage, but most people I know using that guide. I will say if you're already deep in and start using it, it may not work because you didn't properly build the next-step map pool. I started at like 7 watchstones and it took a long time for me to build up my map pool to complete the 3 conqs per zone to move on. At 12 now and it's slightly better.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I usually just willy nilly it and backcomplete to upgrade atlas complete percentage, but most people I know using that guide. I will say if you're already deep in and start using it, it may not work because you didn't properly build the next-step map pool. I started at like 7 watchstones and it took a long time for me to build up my map pool to complete the 3 conqs per zone to move on. At 12 now and it's slightly better.

I used that method for the last two leagues and it really leaves you map starved getting into reds. The jump from the 3 stone region to the first 4 stone region is especially tough because you have to be sustaining your highest map in the 3 stone region to have a shot at the lowest tier map of the 4th region. This is made worse by the fact that this doesnt prioritize atlas completion bonus so you have a low chance of bosses dropping higher tier maps.

All that said, it is supremely efficient and once you start to stock T14s there is no looking back.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hardest part about that method really is how fast you'll be catapulted in to red maps, so your league start better be up to snuff.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I hope the item gets added to PoB soon.

I suspect the yoyo of that much ES would be ultimately undesirable. Given how fast you reserve and unreserve, I don't see a point to relying on any life recovery to refill your life in between releases unless it's pre-nerf Zerphi's Last Breath levels of recovery. Flaskfinder and Indigon might work here(oh hey, look, phys and hatred aura scaling...).

Battlemage might be interesting here since its damage add can scale so high. Inquisitor and Pious Path? Fanaticism stats look good too if it wasn't such a bitch to maintain.
The key with that item is that it goes off reserved life, you don't need to feed actual life to it. You use Petrified Blood with Ivory Tower. When you channel, it just reserves the top half of your already empty life bar to feed the damage and you gain ES to take hits while channeling. You don't ever lose any EHP, it actually goes up while you channel.

Ivory Tower also mitigates the biggest issue with Petrified Blood, not having any EHP against degens, because chaos degens have to eat your mana before they hit life, so it solves the problem of getting instakilled by them. Still have no idea how Petrified Blood builds don't instantly die to every random bleed they get hit by though.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Looks like I missed quite the shit show of a league start. Are ultimatums actually hard? Any starters doing the content better than others?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ultimatums can be difficult, they spawn a ton of monsters. Mobile builds are much better. I've been liking Exsanguinate Spellslinger so far.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya after getting to maps with a new build I was getting absolutely wrecked in just T1 and 2 maps in the ultimatums. I switched over and started a new character for totems and at least through the story line they seem a bit easier. Drop totems and run around like a chicken with my head cut off heh

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Having not played harvest, delirium, and whatever the one that builds mobs with jars is and having no desire to look up anything maps are quite amusing.

It's insane the amount of currency and loot that gets thrown at you now. Ultimatum alone just coughs up chaos and ex so regularly that I can't imagine how much shit good players are accumulating.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also there’s no big chaos sink this league. I would predict that we will see 200c+ for an ex but I’m not sure how many more ex are also being shit out so we may just see item inflation cost instead (t1 uniques, rare boss drops - probably heist stuff too because everyone hates running that shit but lotta builds want those gems)

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm usually lucky to have made around 50 chaos by the time I swap from SSF to trade league and this time when I hit L80 I moved over to play with friends, bought a bunch of shit and still have like 200c and I suck at the game. The big ticket items I need are like 5-10 ex total which normally I would write off but this time will make an effort to get.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Looks like I missed quite the shit show of a league start. Are ultimatums actually hard? Any starters doing the content better than others?

Ultimatums are hard the same way heist was hard - it builds up death balls of rare mobs until a soul eater/haste one spawns and just takes you to pound town. The rares are super fucking tanky so they tend to just stack up as the waves continue unless you have some real omegadps.

Doing damage while mobile is pretty vital, as it allows you to basically ignore most of the difficulty options it offers. If you're trying to like, stand still and attack or self cast a bunch of spells you're gonna get wrecked by ruin/flame skulls/whatever.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the stone circle ones suck a d and I don't bother taking to max. The others are easy loops just tossing traps.