Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Zana mods are all trash this league and ultimatum shits out raw chaos like crazy

We might see historic exalt prices this league
This is a good thing. You get one ultimatum per map and as far as we know, its rewards are not effected by map juice. With fractured deli maps, a large percentage of the currency in the economy was influenced by map juice. YOU are getting more currency because you aren't some faggot that farms for farming's sake. It's a reasonable reaction to think "I'm getting more currency, so the try hards must be as well".

Now, as for the drops from the actual mobs themselves? I doubt that's changed much since ritual. There were a fair amount of them by the time you got to the last ritual in the map. And again, the average map juice level is down this league.

You are right that the Zana mods suck currently. When the player base gets into the endgame and someone hopefully figures out how to use Harvest, maybe that will change.

TLDR: rewards from non-juicable content is up, rewards from juicable content is down.

I still think they are handing out FAR too much shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm personally going to be burning my raw chaos (69 before I even entered maps with 0 trades) on Harvest modifier. Harvest is still super fucking good, just not god-tier anymore. A lot of people don't seem to know that exalt crafts still exist, you just can't use them on influenced items. Very important with stuff like cluster jewels with targeted affixes. Not to mention my personal favorite, resist swaps, make gearing early on a breeze especially with some 1-5c purchases.

Anyone running spectres with Unending Hunger? I'm probably going to my staple Montreguls zombie full convert Spectre build soon and I'm thinking if they don't die to random garbage in Rituals they should be pretty good for everything outside of big bossing. I'm just curious how well they keep up with the soul harvesting.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Yeah the stone circle ones suck a d and I don't bother taking to max. The others are easy loops just tossing traps.
I saw a vid (Tarke cat I think) that said it only counts cumulative time in stone circles, so if you run around in a circle inside the ultimatum and your lap takes you inside the stone circles, if you do enough laps you'll get the stone circles completed eventually. IE: you don't have to stand in them all at once, just have enough cumulative time in them for it to count towards completion.

Hopefully that made sense :)

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm playing pseudo SSF in trade. The lack of dps affixes that affects Exsanguinate makes most map-starting gear just EHP and resists, so it's been fun picking up rares that the strict loot filter says to pick up and actually have upgrades. I don't plan to buy stuff until an upgrade is something like 4 T3 affixes.

That said, I still watch the market even though I'm only selling stuff. This kind of fuckery is really frustrating.

1619096612824.png

Can you really call your game an economy ARPG when you allow this kind of manipulation?

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm playing pseudo SSF in trade. The lack of dps affixes that affects Exsanguinate makes most map-starting gear just EHP and resists, so it's been fun picking up rares that the strict loot filter says to pick up and actually have upgrades. I don't plan to buy stuff until an upgrade is something like 4 T3 affixes.

That said, I still watch the market even though I'm only selling stuff. This kind of fuckery is really frustrating.

View attachment 350054

Can you really call your game an economy ARPG when you allow this kind of manipulation?

"Only 10% of players trade."

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Where was that said? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'd like some more context. 10% of players in maps?
I'm exaggerating.....slightly.

Trade Manifesto in 2017 said:
The subset of players who regularly trade strongly overlaps with our core reddit and forum communities. Chances are, if you're reading this, then you're one of the top 10% of players in terms of engagement with advanced systems. The difference in magnitude of trading (and hence item acquisition and progress) between non/low-traders and heavy traders is gigantic. While a regular player would be lucky to accumulate a small handful of Exalted Orbs in a league, a trader might reach hundreds in the same timeframe.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I saw a vid (Tarke cat I think) that said it only counts cumulative time in stone circles, so if you run around in a circle inside the ultimatum and your lap takes you inside the stone circles, if you do enough laps you'll get the stone circles completed eventually. IE: you don't have to stand in them all at once, just have enough cumulative time in them for it to count towards completion.

Hopefully that made sense :)

It does work, but it's still kind of sketch with the accumulation of time if mob(s) happen to enrage. Not that big of a deal since I'm not doing HC atm but for efficiencies sake it's still not overly worth the risk.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

View attachment 350054

Yea Exsang has been weird. There's no real middleground between just wearing basic bitch life/resists rares and having +1 gems on like glove/amulet/wand and a curse chest etc.

Feels a lot like ED honestly. The gem itself can carry you to red maps with essentially 0 gear, but then scaling it further than that gets a bit awkward/expensive. I can't even imagine how I'm gonna roll the amulet I need, or the wand I need, etc.

5th/6th link is also very awkward. Both cruelty and swift affliction are extremely meh, but you're going to need to use one or both of them eventually as your chain swap once you're doing sirus etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea Exsang has been weird. There's no real middleground between just wearing basic bitch life/resists rares and having +1 gems on like glove/amulet/wand and a curse chest etc.

Feels a lot like ED honestly. The gem itself can carry you to red maps with essentially 0 gear, but then scaling it further than that gets a bit awkward/expensive. I can't even imagine how I'm gonna roll the amulet I need, or the wand I need, etc.

5th/6th link is also very awkward. Both cruelty and swift affliction are extremely meh, but you're going to need to use one or both of them eventually as your chain swap once you're doing sirus etc.
Does feel a bit like ED but with some major QoL improvements. Imagine doing ED in Ultimatum but your ED chaining gets stuck on the multiple fat rares. So you're wildly running around trying to spread ED onto the white mobs and those stupid gorillas keep eating it. With Exsanguinate, just jizz blood wherever.

I *just* got into maps last night, we'll see how hard red tier scaling is.

5th link is level 4 empower. I foresee a Shadowstitch as endgame, but I haven't looked that much into it, don't want to get ahead of myself. I'm kinda annoyed they went with ailment threshold scaling for Cruelty. It's quite opaque. It's ok for stuff like ailments because they're generally a bonus and you shouldn't depend upon certain values for your build to function. But for damage links, you have competition, so you need to know what specific value you get for Cruelty to know whether it's worth getting a white socket for chain.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man this league is by far the quickest i ever just burned out and had no desire to play it, guess im waiting for PoE2 at this point.
I also blame myself for going ed/bane again, which is incredibly fucking dull lol

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does feel a bit like ED but with some major QoL improvements. Imagine doing ED in Ultimatum but your ED chaining gets stuck on the multiple fat rares. So you're wildly running around trying to spread ED onto the white mobs and those stupid gorillas keep eating it. With Exsanguinate, just jizz blood wherever.

I *just* got into maps last night, we'll see how hard red tier scaling is.

5th link is level 4 empower. I foresee a Shadowstitch as endgame, but I haven't looked that much into it, don't want to get ahead of myself. I'm kinda annoyed they went with ailment threshold scaling for Cruelty. It's quite opaque. It's ok for stuff like ailments because they're generally a bonus and you shouldn't depend upon certain values for your build to function. But for damage links, you have competition, so you need to know what specific value you get for Cruelty to know whether it's worth getting a white socket for chain.

Yea I suspect it will be empower as well once I can actually acquire one. Probably just cut cruelty entirely and use chain/swift as a swap for big bosses.

Why shadowstitch? Just for the raw defenses? I'm having a hard time looking at any chest that isn't +1 curse so you can stack vuln and either punishment/despair, or maybe even a temp chains blasphemy if you think you need the defense.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea I suspect it will be empower as well once I can actually acquire one. Probably just cut cruelty entirely and use chain/swift as a swap for big bosses.

Why shadowstitch? Just for the raw defenses? I'm having a hard time looking at any chest that isn't +1 curse so you can stack vuln and either punishment/despair, or maybe even a temp chains blasphemy if you think you need the defense.
Easy double implicit corruption, that's all. Extra curse is nice too. No one seems to like using Poacher's Mark for some reason.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Easy double implicit corruption, that's all. Extra curse is nice too. No one seems to like using Poacher's Mark for some reason.

Poacher's is fine, but casting it is annoying as fuck with the target lock nonsense is all. Just so much easier to do like vuln on hit and a witchfire or something, and it's within what, 5% the same dps?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Poacher's is fine, but casting it is annoying as fuck with the target lock nonsense is all. Just so much easier to do like vuln on hit and a witchfire or something, and it's within what, 5% the same dps?
Poacher's Mark can be 10% more dps over Vulnerability on a Shaper target.

I would not use Witchfire Brew for any ranged build. The coverage on that blasphemy is pathetic.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has ex ever been this costly so early in the league? At some point you’re better off using your chaos instead of buying ex with em I think.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I recall a few leagues I thought it hit 150 before second weekend.

anyway, I am trying to come up with a spellslinger BFBB using Necro instead. I’ve seen an archmage self cast necro out there...but I want to make it better.

I was trying to work in inpulsa since you shock from corpses, so life sustain is an issue. I originally did fire conversion using avatar, but you’re not using vulcanus. Feels like raw phys was better; harder to get leech for that. LGOH? Maybe a low level vitality? LL instead and spell leech may be easier. Could run auras then with Zealotry, Disc, and maybe blood and sand in prism guardian. I went for max block but LL means you won’t have ES or life on block. Maybe we go for ES on hit eye with ES leech.

I have not checked my reserves in PoB, but you’d use a 4L bf ss and a 6L BB ss. Your weapon is poet’s pen with bf, desecrate and bone offering. Frenzy with hextouch, pcoc and vuln. I think the problem will maybe be mana. For some reason I’m thinking SS reserves too much with a 4L and a 6L

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I recall a few leagues I thought it hit 150 before second weekend.

anyway, I am trying to come up with a spellslinger BFBB using Necro instead. I’ve seen an archmage self cast necro out there...but I want to make it better.

I was trying to work in inpulsa since you shock from corpses, so life sustain is an issue. I originally did fire conversion using avatar, but you’re not using vulcanus. Feels like raw phys was better; harder to get leech for that. LGOH? Maybe a low level vitality? LL instead and spell leech may be easier. Could run auras then with Zealotry, Disc, and maybe blood and sand in prism guardian. I went for max block but LL means you won’t have ES or life on block. Maybe we go for ES on hit eye with ES leech.

I have not checked my reserves in PoB, but you’d use a 4L bf ss and a 6L BB ss. Your weapon is poet’s pen with bf, desecrate and bone offering. Frenzy with hextouch, pcoc and vuln. I think the problem will maybe be mana. For some reason I’m thinking SS reserves too much with a 4L and a 6L
Archmage versions are going necro for Essense Glutton. What's the appeal of Necro if you aren't spending lots of mana? Bone Offering?

I played a LL BF/BB last league with poet's pen and Elementalist(full convert to cold). Damage was great, defenses was not. I wouldn't mind playing the build again as my second character but only if I can make it tankier without sacrificing too much on damage and clear.

I'm pretty sure you can't do a 4L and 6L SS without HEAVY investment into RMR. Also, the BF on SS won't be contributing that many blades to make it worthwhile. Neither will the one in PP without spell cascade.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Archmage versions are going necro for Essense Glutton. What's the appeal of Necro if you aren't spending lots of mana? Bone Offering?

I played a LL BF/BB last league with poet's pen and Elementalist(full convert to cold). Damage was great, defenses was not. I wouldn't mind playing the build again as my second character but only if I can make it tankier without sacrificing too much on damage and clear.

I'm pretty sure you can't do a 4L and 6L SS without HEAVY investment into RMR. Also, the BF on SS won't be contributing that many blades to make it worthwhile. Neither will the one in PP without spell cascade.
I’ll post my rough pob later.

I primarily necro for bone offering, shock, and attack speed to spit out spells. I haven’t yet seen where that lands relative to the CDR on SS and it’s been a few leagues since I did the calcs on that. I seemed to recall necro being the best at that with VD.

I have BF with Spell cascade-Conc effect and SS. That did require to pick up both the RMR near CI and the wheel on the left. Left me about 45-55 mana. I stacked power charges and some mana regen. Frenzy is about 11 mana per attack in the build. Right now I built it pure phys, but dmg might be lacking. I haven’t started messing too much with rares. Might be better to do avatar of fire and figure out the rest of my damage conversion.

care to post your POB?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I’ll post my rough pob later.

I primarily necro for bone offering, shock, and attack speed to spit out spells. I haven’t yet seen where that lands relative to the CDR on SS and it’s been a few leagues since I did the calcs on that. I seemed to recall necro being the best at that with VD.

I have BF with Spell cascade-Conc effect and SS. That did require to pick up both the RMR near CI and the wheel on the left. Left me about 45-55 mana. I stacked power charges and some mana regen. Frenzy is about 11 mana per attack in the build. Right now I built it pure phys, but dmg might be lacking. I haven’t started messing too much with rares. Might be better to do avatar of fire and figure out the rest of my damage conversion.

care to post your POB?
Necro and VD was using Cyclone, no? You'll have to have a ton of attack speed to get 0.15s on all three spells in your PP.

How much mana reserve does the BB eat?