Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Necro and VD was using Cyclone, no? You'll have to have a ton of attack speed to get 0.15s on all three spells in your PP.

How much mana reserve does the BB eat?

I’ll have to look, at work now. It was a lot, but I got that and BF in as 6L and 4L just using those rmr nodes. Auras in Prism Guardian were pride, zealotry, and disc. Obviously other routes there if you go with conversion.

VD spellslinger is what i was referring to. It was using frenzy and maybe barrage support? You wanted the attack speed from becro. I dropped it for pcoc. I remember Kyth and trying to make VD SS assassin work and it always came back to attack speed being shit.

Caeden

Necro and VD was using Cyclone, no? You'll have to have a ton of attack speed to get 0.15s on all three spells in your PP.

How much mana reserve does the BB eat?

This is what I have so far in the 30 minutes I spent on slapping stuff together....

Xevy

Log Wizard
So the Chaos sink is Harvest. People want to throw tantrums and refuse reality, but all in all if you spam Harvest in the proper places and bring base cluster jewels with you, you're potentially pulling out a LOT more money than you invested. I think they could maybe buff it a bit, but honestly with the Maven nodes in place I've had one Harvest cluster give me something like 20-30 crafts alone. Usually I get something like 4-8 per plant which is fine with me, honestly, but I have an item for basically every situation and a lot of people I think just want to find one or two specific rerolls or any augs. I've not seen any augs this league and afaik only one person has (aug attack), but I did run into a 6link harvest the other night which I've only ever seen 1-2 of including Harvest itself.

The way chaos are if Ex hit 200ish I'd definitely be willing to drop 4-5 ex to just keep me knee deep in T16 juiced Harvests for quite some time.

Also not to tinfoil here, but anyone been getting omega-fucked by DoT damage? Like just instantly dead. I'm a Chieftain with 7 endurance chargess, 1200 leech per second and something like 900 life regen and sometimes I get ignited ONCE in a non damage modified map in a Ritual and I just die. They've had DOT bugs on players before and I have a sneaking suspicion it's happening again. I saw some people saying corrupting blood from enemies will destroy you if you don't cure it immediately.

• 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What the fuck kind of self-respecting cheiftan cares about ignites in the first place.

Corrupted blood was supposedly bugged and has since been fixed, but I haven't noticed a difference.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Damage Chieftain's don't take immune to ignite. That's my whole point though, I have regen almost 1/2 my hp per second and I'm insta dying to ignites. Something's up.

The previous bug which was either last league or the league before had the PLAYERS DoT modifiers apply to DoT's that effected them. So basically people were suping up their damage so much they'd blow themselves up on any degen. It may be happening again, but it's more like there's some Ultimatum bug with the Covered in Ash that mobs apparently cast on people. I'm guessing it's setting their fire resist to 0 or worse and that's why.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That was 3.10. Aura effectiveness had always applied to ground degens. Now that people were stacking tons of it, it was finally noticeable.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This is what I have so far in the 30 minutes I spent on slapping stuff together....

Mixed reaction at first glance. Even at max stack of corpses consumed, your frenzy is only going fast enough to keep one skill on PP cooldown. Have you calculated how many lingering blades you generate per second?

Defenses look ok, better than the one I posted, but not the typical bone offering EHP. This might be a case of trying to fit too much into one build. I've been toying around with Chieftan, haven't put it into PoB yet.

Caeden

Mixed reaction at first glance. Even at max stack of corpses consumed, your frenzy is only going fast enough to keep one skill on PP cooldown. Have you calculated how many lingering blades you generate per second?

Defenses look ok, better than the one I posted, but not the typical bone offering EHP. This might be a case of trying to fit too much into one build. I've been toying around with Chieftan, haven't put it into PoB yet.
Not yet. Once I saw the dps I started losing interest. I didn’t exactly give it cheap gear.

my guess is you’re right. I also think converted is flat out easier to scale.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Fuck me man, why can’t this game ever be normal? Day 3 of league (console), and my entire session tonight has been spent quicksilver sprinting through things trying to get things to load and shooting projectiles randomly hoping I hit enemies so I can see their HP bar. Everything is invisible. Half of my hideout is invisible, the Trialmaster and almost all NPCs are invisible, half my character is invisible, tons of assets and about 2/3 of all monsters at any given time are invisible...still.

This started for me in the beginning of Ritual and it was annoying as fuck, but usually after 30mins-1 hour of game time things would load in and tend to stay there - more or less. Still unloaded lots of things here and there but mostly playable. This is completely different. I literally cannot do Ultimatums at all right now or at any point I was having these issues because the mobs don’t load and I die instantly to getting swarmed by packs of mobs I can’t see or move away from. Same with the lightning runes, DoT cloud, etc. I’ve done about 6 Ultimatums all league and I’m like almost level 70. What the fuck dude.

Problems with the gameplay changes and nerfs and whatever else aside, I don’t understand how this game consistently seems to have massive fucking foundational performance issues that just continue to get worse and worse. I’m having to put it away now and step away and stop playing, because I can’t map or do anything else with it like this. Bummed dude. I basically am missing the entire league start with no fix in sight I guess. I’d say about, at a completely fair and honest estimation, no more than 35% of my entire playtime logged since league start has been ‘normal’, fully loaded textures, etc. I was able to just zoom through acts and skip stuff because that’s normal, but now I have to actually interact with the game and uhh, I cannot do that. Lol. Pathetic man, I kind of wish I didn’t like this game at all

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
To think, with all the terrible, anti-player mechanical and gameplay decisions they've made recently the thing that is actually going to kill the game is their inability to implement a feasible texture streaming technology. It wouldn't have been an issue for the future except they decided to bitch out and lay PoE2 on a foundation of decade old spaghetti code. They seem truly fucked at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
There will be a giantic manifesto along shortly to explain it all or sweep it under the run, whichever is easier.

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They are running out of track on the performance thing. Leagues prior have had various issues in terms of FPS and whatever (which a fair chunk of was people with potato computers just being buttmad), but whatever they've done now with the streaming legit just breaks the game. There's no way to disable it or work around it, it doesn't really seem to matter what kind of PC you run - you just get randomly fucked.

I did an entire catarina fight this morning where she just never rendered any attacks. She stood there through every single phase doing 0 animations, just voice lines and random shit flying out of her. Veritanya projectiles have the same problem, they just never render. I can't see what my ultimatum rewards are half the time cause it can't load the item icon lol.

It's beyond pathetic at this point and will absolutely kill their game unless they can sort it out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Yeah. I’m over the invisible shit. My favorite right now I’m having are invisible mobs and my own invisible spells. I have to watch my faggoty Templar to see if he cast now.

also the league mechanic...sometimes it’s fun, but for the most part it’s the most boring mechanic. I can’t figure it out. It’s better than heist but worse than most others. Should have taken the league off. I’m at the cusp of red maps and I have never been less interested. Might be an indication that it’s time to reroll.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Throughout the entire story the Ultimatums were full of cool shit and I was pushing to always go all the way but as soon as I got the maps the quality took a huge nosedive. Rituals were similar but not quite as extreme. Going through the story I was offered more interesting shit and then at the start of maps it was a bunch of dreck for a while. I'm only just entering red maps and my build is shit so I don't know what they look like past the first few rounds but how are rewards in high tier maps?

Caeden

Fuck me man, why can’t this game ever be normal? Day 3 of league (console), and my entire session tonight has been spent quicksilver sprinting through things trying to get things to load and shooting projectiles randomly hoping I hit enemies so I can see their HP bar. Everything is invisible. Half of my hideout is invisible, the Trialmaster and almost all NPCs are invisible, half my character is invisible, tons of assets and about 2/3 of all monsters at any given time are invisible...still.

This started for me in the beginning of Ritual and it was annoying as fuck, but usually after 30mins-1 hour of game time things would load in and tend to stay there - more or less. Still unloaded lots of things here and there but mostly playable. This is completely different. I literally cannot do Ultimatums at all right now or at any point I was having these issues because the mobs don’t load and I die instantly to getting swarmed by packs of mobs I can’t see or move away from. Same with the lightning runes, DoT cloud, etc. I’ve done about 6 Ultimatums all league and I’m like almost level 70. What the fuck dude.

Problems with the gameplay changes and nerfs and whatever else aside, I don’t understand how this game consistently seems to have massive fucking foundational performance issues that just continue to get worse and worse. I’m having to put it away now and step away and stop playing, because I can’t map or do anything else with it like this. Bummed dude. I basically am missing the entire league start with no fix in sight I guess. I’d say about, at a completely fair and honest estimation, no more than 35% of my entire playtime logged since league start has been ‘normal’, fully loaded textures, etc. I was able to just zoom through acts and skip stuff because that’s normal, but now I have to actually interact with the game and uhh, I cannot do that. Lol. Pathetic man, I kind of wish I didn’t like this game at all
That tells you that isn’t about potato computers. Same shit on PC. My PC was rebuilt ground up in 2019. Can’t even run an 8 year old game.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the texture streaming is 100% on them. You'd be hard pressed to build a better PC than I have currently and it's still an issue all over the place for no apparent reason.

My personal favorite is when it unloads all the fucking map/mob textures while you're in the ultimatum choice screen.

• 1Solidarity

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yea the texture streaming is 100% on them. You'd be hard pressed to build a better PC than I have currently and it's still an issue all over the place for no apparent reason.

My personal favorite is when it unloads all the fucking map/mob textures while you're in the ultimatum choice screen.
My personal favorite was last league when they unloaded all the textures every fucking time you brought up the skill tree. How fucking braindead does your code have to be to do that kind of shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They're definitely beta testing that for PoE2, but they really should be doing live tests on everyone for shit they're not sure is at least stable. I was thinking about it before and there's no reason they don't make these tests opt-ins only.

People who want to check out the new tech that might improve performance can, others can just play the game. Then once you've filtered the first batch of responses and patched whatever you could, offer incentives for other people to check it out.

Like "Play 3 hours this weekend and send your log along with this short questionnaire to be entered in a raffle, 1 mystery box for participating, 1 pack or whatever other fucking rewards for a randomly selected player". Shit's basically free, and now you have people interested in testing your new feature and likely to give you good reports because they're obligated to provide logs for the reward. You'll still have people just answering 1st answer to everything and not caring, but if the questionnaire is short and to the point "did you run into any issues? yes/no, if yes, describe quickly the issues" and that's it, people will take the time to fill that up if they did have issues even if they don't care too much.

You get focused testing and don't have hordes of people moaning your game is a broken piece of shit everywhere on social media.

Then you parse that, and do it again later on.

THEN once you have all that shit fixed, you try rolling as part of the main client, and you should only get edge cases left to fix. Repeat next league for whatever new improvement you've worked on for PoE2.

Don't know seems fucked, wasn't interested at all in the league but the noise I'm seeing outside(mmo public chats and reddit mostly) is not very good. There's only so much goodwill to go around until people start actively dissing the game everywhere and it loses new players before they even check the game out.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just did sirus last night and holy shit glad I’m tanky. Took two giant balls to the face before I could figure out the direction I needed to run; the damn texture never actually showed up lol. Same thing with the stupid spinning thing - ended up getting so many stacks because it just wouldn’t show at all. A8 is gonna be a blast